It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else have a "war" room?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Am i the only one here with a war room, with computer, peripheral equipment, radios, telephones, tv, and the radio set to Coastto Coast am?
LOL...I reckon the only thing i dont have is
. Got to get out and buy some. My husband is not political minded at all and frankly could care less about the world. What a mismatch!!!!!

I'm ready for combat!

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Yeah, it's called my bedroom!

Got the computer, TV, DVD player, VCR, VCR hooked up to the computer, digicam, video cam, webcam, film cam, cell phone with my fellow editors on speed dial and a mini-fridge full of caffeine within arm's reach. I was gonna set up the coffeepot in here too, but I'm out of desk space and I have so many things plugged in that it's already a fire hazard.

Let the battle begin!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
yeah... my bedro.... oh no ... wait...

sorry... "erase, erase erase"...

:shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm working on getting one set up I'm think my mom is gonna let me redo my computer room this summer and she'll be paying for it oh yeah...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
my living room is my war room. everything i need is right here....

apart for a rifle and ammo, but then i'd get raided by the police!

Odd

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Wherever I live or stay, I have a very strong tendency to make my own room into a sort of stronghold. I never want to need something that I do not have in any dangerous situation... this isn't to the extent of paranoia; I just try to do the simple things that can save lives, and are so often overlooked.

Maybe this is a bit... um... odd.... but I feel insecure if I don't know for sure that there is somewhere I can go where I can be cut off from the world if things get too hectic.

My inventory (when it is full) consists of a bit of food (U.S. Army MREs) and water, some thermal blankets, a crank-powered radio, a Smith and Wesson 1911 .45 handgun with a full magazine of hollow-point rounds and a combination trigger lock, a flashlight, two lighters, a box of waterproof matches, a carton of cigarettes, and a six-pack of beer.

The end of the world is no time to stop enjoying your vices

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I haven't got anything much now because if I left things lying around some bastard would break it.

But back in the early months of this millennium I had a nice little place in the countryside in which one room was designed for a 'Pixyish Operations' room

Computer (including PCTV and recording software). Backup equipment for computer including spares. Standard line phone, cellphone, external TV/radio and the most important thing ... Lots and lots of drink

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm thinking about a ham radio to compliment my war room

Seriously, i think im getting psychotic (notice the new avatar) My husband swears i'm on the computer having an affair...LOL...

I know i'll be in a war mode the next four years

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
My 'War' room solely exist in the confines of my oddly fashionable 'Israeli Paratrooper Bag'.

Inside I have my:
Inspiron 1150 Laptop : Where I do all of my...research? Or at least that's what I like to call it.
80 gig external Hardrive : Backup of all my files just incase my trusty laptop is introduced to an unexpected bullet.
5.0 Kodak Megapixel : Always with fully charged batteries so I won't ever use the...'I saw an alien but my batteries were dead' excuse.
Quad-Band Motorola phone : Because day to day, I never know exactly where I'll be (Like stuck in a train station in England on Boxing Day
)
128meg Flash Drive - To backup my backup just in case I need to drop all of my belongings and run away.
Little piece of paper - Where I keep all of my important contacts and credit card numbers just incase all else fails.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
My computer room, which is also my bedroom, my kitchen, and my dining room. Theres a minfridge and a small microwave in my closet. Police scanner at the top of my computer desk, (yes, its awesome! got it last week from my dad), of course my computer, my radio (tuned to 101.1
), my TV is on my bed, cuz theres no other room for it, and my server and hardware firewall.

Aint it great?

new topics

top topics

join