It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will say this about the "effect" thats been a hot topic of late

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So people speak of the Mandela effect and it obliviously can not be definitively proven. Also when i look at the so called evidence, some i remember a certain way, some i dont. I can give examples if you guys care.

so i tested my uncle, who is devoutly religious and works a lot, and does not spend time on subjects such as the Mandela effect. i quizzed him on the most popular "effects",and the ones he had knowelge about which was about 3/5 he 100 percent was wrong. So there is that, but who knows he may just be getting old.

but i also ask randomly "effect questions" to random friends and family and strangers now and then, but make it seem im trying to remember something for trivia's sake, and not for research sake. they are always wrong.

then i started looking within as to see what has changed with in me.

this is what i have found , past few months or so, maybe 6 months. my girlfriend and i seem to have conflicting memories about conversations and storys we thought or didnt think we knew about each other, not just once or twice, many times. She has a masters degree(she is smart), and i know i have a better then average intelligence, and although my short term memory may get me in trouble every now and then, my long term goes back till i was one year old, and i remember faces and conversations when it comes to learning about people, what gets me in trouble is when my girlfriend asks me to pick her up some chocolate at the store and i forget she even asked till i see her wanting face.

anyway weather its a rip in space and time caused by cern, or the powers that be are starting to succeed at mind control, or maybe even a MASS SOCIAL EXPERIMENT, it getting weird and is not just the latest youtube fad.
edit on 6-7-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I'd love to see some controversial memory to come at my sight. Ask me anything, I'll give my guess and if Mandela is going on, maybe other people will prove me wrong. I just don't know why all this Mandela talking people point things, and they say they were otherwise in the past, thing that I sometimes know very well and am sure they were not as these people say. Just curious.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Your uncle just got a couple of questions wrong. . And of course when you and the missus argue, you conflict because you both are looking at it from different perspectives.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Might I suggest enrolling in a university research course?

Something like: guides.erau.edu...

I think you would benefit. Most of your questions would be answered.

You could easily go to the library and look at this book: Practical Research by Paul Leedy.

Jax
edit on 6-7-2016 by Jaxsmash because: added resource

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Howdy Doc .

Not being the best speller on the planet i cannot say how the Bears spell their name but my Hebrew blood would go with Stein , which is wrong i know so i do not care much about the spelling of something and my Syntax of a word might differ from a fellow English speaker again i can live with that .

Over the last few months i have been conducting q & a sessions with friends and family to see how our recollections of things in the past match up or not .

Tank man i do recall seeing on the television at the time ,but not the out come and with the way that television is used for propaganda by the Government of the uk and the world again not a point i get caught up on as i am getting to that age where i forget the 3 things i go to the supermarket for .

Billy graham and mirror mirror on the all are 2 things both my mother and remember quite good , i am no cartographer but it looks to me that the maps have changed in respect of the distance between Australia, New Zealand / Asia and South America again they change things all the time so i just shake my head and think what ever .

Same goes for bible quotes the lion shall lie down with the lamb pretty much everyone i know agrees with that , when i tell them it is now the wolf shall lie with the lamb i get funny looks from them , but again no biggy in my life i can live with it .

But i can remember 100% wathching and joking about a Mr BIlly Graham,s funeral on the television in front of my very religious grandparents and the joke going down like a lead ballon with them , 30 plus years later i still cringe about that day in my Aunts house , and other members here seem to remember that funeral but with the re-runs of events i wonder at why the devil box as my grand-father used to call it would play such a joke as the man in question is still alive and kicking i am told .

Them finding and playing my sex pistols record of frigging in the rigging in front of all their ultra religious friends just to see what the kids of the time were into has nothing on the stearn looks i remember over my funeral joke .

Maybe what all those smart folks that are at the cutting edge of science are saying about us being in a computer programme that is running are on to something .

Life is like a box of chocolates DOC , There is always a suprise

edit on 6/7/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

no the questions he answered were 100 percent wrong, 3 of 5 is what he had an answer to

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

what the effect entails is that knowledge has changed ,so what the university said was right 3 years ago has changed to what it says now. not because of editing but because the timeline has changed and produced different info that is available now

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Google "Dimensional Jumping".

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

and as far as me and the misus go i say you remeber what u said to me, and she says no, and those questions or rememberences never happend , and i know i dont hang out with other girls and she doesnt hang with other dudes in which we would have these conversations

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lassiecat

my favorite would be

oh wait it doest matter cause u can look up the current timeline on googgle and answer in this timeline

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

which is what the mandela effect speaks of

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I was honest, I would not cheat. Is not in my character. Otherwise I have the necessary rest to be a politician. I am not.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Interesting addition to the mix. I too have asked people a few times, but not in a systematic way. Honestly, the few that I did ask, that were ranging in age from 23, 45, and 67. They did have differing memories. I really don't like talking about this topic, but it does fascinate me. There is obviously something to it. Just what exactly is the reason, that I don't know. Like you, I just figure either way, something is definitely going on here.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
the mandela effect is my favorite modern urban legend, and it has spread like wild fire.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i have to agree something is going on.
when i was a child i watched looney toons every sat morning.
the concept of the title was quite clear, looney cartoons.
now it is looney tunes...looney music? the new title just does not fit for me.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: MystikMushroom

which is what the mandela effect speaks of

Can you intentionally do it? Or keep it from happening?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
i have to agree something is going on.
when i was a child i watched looney toons every sat morning.
the concept of the title was quite clear, looney cartoons.
now it is looney tunes...looney music? the new title just does not fit for me.

It has always been 'Looney Tunes'.
It was when I was a child, in the early 1960s and is still in use today...I remember it clearly.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Cartoons were great in the 60s , anyone remember lancelot link secret chimp? Or herkuloids? Space ghost ?

top topics

join