It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Raised More Than $50 Million in June beating expectations

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Just like I said in the fundraiser thread, He needs a lot of money. The expectation is that he would raise 0 so raising $50 million is above expectations. However, in order to be competitive in the race he needs at minimum $1 billion (and even then he's going to be out spend 2:1) and that means he needs $200 million per month. $50 million is essentially failure.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

No nations can donate to presidential campaigns.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Everybody hates on Trump because he said something bad once.

Ignores the body trail behind the Clintons and the tens of millions in donations from the Royal House of Saud.

No big deal.

Why hate on Hillary in a thread about Trump? If you want to whine about her then start another thread don't try to drift this one.

He said a bad thing once????? You really don't know anything about Trump do you?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

So trump is looking to become a dictator? And you're behind that move because....

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Money 'raised' by the campaign. It was mostly shirts and hats. There is nothing wrong with that. He did not take the Bernie route and just ask for money. Bernie 'took' over 200 million and look where that got him and his supporters. Nowhere. He was asking for it and he got it.

Funny also how the same OpenSecrets site shows him here...

Top campaign donations by donor industry
Candidate self-finance
$43,454,544
Retired
$1,192,016
Real estate
$170,411
Health professionals
$141,164
Lawyers & law firms
$66,671
Securities & investment
$43,606
Civil servants & public officials
$40,130
Business services
$38,368
General contractors
$37,352
Education
$34,959

So, if they are correct in other places that you defend, why not here? I still think they are biased to the left but there is black and white.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Oh come on. You know what I am talking about. He is not saying he should be a dictator. He is simply said Saddam was as bad guy but he killed terrorists. He was making a comparison about terrorism not being a dictator. Here is the link.

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
He did self fund his primary. Where did he lie?

The primary is 1% of total spending in a campaign. Trump said that he wouldn't be taking money from others, there was no stipulation that it was just the general. He was quite clear when he said if you take money from others they own you, and limit your ability to work for the people as President. That doesn't go away because it's the general instead of the primary.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

There is a lot of history in the region. Do not pick and choose. Saddam Hussien was a brutal dictator but he had his country under control. As did Libya...and Syria...and Egypt. All places that another Hussein and Hillary open wide for Islam. that is for another thread though....

So before Hussein and Hillary the ME wasn't predominately Islamic? I see your knowledge of the ME is a good as the candidate you support.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

but does he need too? Campaigns are not run like he runs his and, no matter what people say, he crushed the GOP field and had over 300 million in ads against him.

There is not need to raise or spend right now. None. Just like polls that may show trends they are not truly helpful now. When it counts, after the debates, he will have plenty of money.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

When it counts, after the debates, he will have plenty of money.

I think that's where his support will start to erode. I don't think he's going to do too well in the debate against Hillary, she's much more versed in that realm and I think will end up steam rolling him.

Especially on policy issues that need specifics.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

BARACK is the Hussein i am referring to and the ME was as stable as it could be until we withdrew. SOOOOOO many people warned against it and look what we have now. A clusterfact.

The Shia/Sunni conflict has gone on for centuries. You cannot have democracy in an Islamic State. It does not work. Shia came to power after his death and it has been horrible ever since. Is this not a fact?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

When it counts, after the debates, he will have plenty of money.

I think that's where his support will start to erode. I don't think he's going to do too well in the debate against Hillary, she's much more versed in that realm and I think will end up steam rolling him.

Especially on policy issues that need specifics.

~Tenth

Foreign and domestic issue debate is where we are going to see the difference between the two. Hillary knows the ins and outs of those topics and Trump has not shown the slightest ability to intelligently articulate on such things.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Anyway back to fund raising. He's going to have to do a lot better than that.
Problem is no one wants to donate to him. Every week he turns off another demographic group. This week it's the Jewish people. Next week who knows.
Hillary has been running pro Hillary ads in battleground states for a month. Her Superpac Priorities USA ran anti trump ads. A lot of anti trump ads.
edit on 762016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I don't know. I went back a few weeks ago and starting watching her debates in the 08 primaries. She cannot over talk or bully Trump like she did Edwards. Obama destroyed her in most of them and you will see the same thing from Trump. He will take no # from her. None. I am sure he will even use the same lines as Obama in questioning who he is running against, her or Bill and that always puts her on edge.

I personally do not think that Hillary can last 30 minutes in a debate with him. It is going to be as good as Ali/Frazier....

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ever learn how to post a link? Because seeing that you are now whining about Bernie it's hard to keep up with your attempt at trying to prove me wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

and numbers are not dropping. She can run all she wants. Her demographics are worst than she had in 08.

Also, how did he upset the Jewish community? The tweet? He is scheduling a trip to Israel for after he convention for his GOP foreign tour.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

There's a reason they call it the war chest you know.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

no they donate to the clinton foundation and funnel the money.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

No they don't and they can't. Stupid internet b.s. rumor.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Post a link? Whining? Please define.

Not whining about Bernie. I am sure he will pay his wife a cool million for helping on the campaign as well as his kids. He is good at that. Maybe she will open another college she can bankrupt and take for a nice severance package. Whining? No. Facts Mr Buster 2010.

as far as the link, i made it easier by giving you the data. Who is whining now snowflake?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join