It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Raised More Than $50 Million in June beating expectations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
He cannot raise money....no one will donate...HIllary is crushing him....the GOP is abandoning him. What a load of garbage.

He said he would self fund in the primaries. He has even spent 53 million in loans to his campaign and is writing it off. However, in June, it looks like he is raising plenty.

Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump will report raising more than $50 million in June, his first month of aggressive fundraising, according to Republican Party sources. The sum, raised between the campaign and the larger Trump Victory effort with the Republican National Committee, is more than 16 times what he raised in May—the month in which he secured the nomination

16 times what he brought in during May.

Now, the incredible thing is that he is not yet even spending. No ads are going out but HIllary is already spending millions but seeing her poll numbers drop in many categories.

In a statement, Trump’s campaign said $26 million went to the campaign, with the more than $25 million balance going to the RNC and other Republican groups. (The latter figure includes some money raised at his inaugural fundraisers at the end of May.) The campaign claims more than 400,000 supporters, with 94% donating under the $200 threshold required for individual disclosure. Trump loaned his campaign at least $46 million through the end of May, according to Federal Election Commission filings. On June 23, his campaign released a statement that Trump has terminated the loan “in excess of $50 million dollars.” The Trump campaign said the candidate donated another $3.8 million to his campaign in June, bringing his total to $55 million. Trump has yet to run a general election ad, and is leaving the work of building a ground effort to the RNC, which is the largest beneficiary of the money jointly raised through the victory effort. Hillary Clinton, meanwhile, has run tens-of-millions of dollars in television spots in battleground states and has hundreds of field staffers on the ground. “We just started our fundraising efforts in the last week of May and we are extremely pleased with the broad-based support in the last five weeks for the Trump Campaign and Trump Victory,” Steven Mnuchin, Trump’s finance chairman, in a statement

Half of what was raised was then donated to the RNC to further this campaign and prepare for the convention and local elections.

On a budget he won the nomination. On a budget he is starting his campaign.

When people come around and start donating to larger PAC's after the convention it will secure his funding for his run and his win.

edit on 07pm31pmf0000002016-07-06T15:12:28-05:000328 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Last week's national polls have Hillary leading by double digits.

This week the margin shrunk to 5.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Once he starts leading in a few of those polls, which will probably happen around the convention, we'll get a clearer picture of what's going on.

Good for him though if he can give Hillary a run for her money. I still think he'll lose in the general, but time will tell.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hillary raised 70 million. All told about 315 million between her campaign and Superpacs

www.politico.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

This week Saddam Hussein is good so Hillary's number r s will come back up.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I know polls do not mean much at this point but this is not a blowout. It is not a cake walk for Clinton.

Adelson already promised 100 million as well as a few others. They are waiting till it is time. I think the big push will come after the first debate.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

He said he would self fund in the primaries.

Which was yet another in an endless string of lies.

He has even spent 53 million in loans to his campaign and is writing it off.

I'm sure he will be more than willing to release his tax returns to prove this right? A person that is so cheap that he has his campaign pay him to stay in his own home is not going to write off 53 million. The term write off for him just means he figured out how to funnel the money to another family member.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I don't care what Hillary had to be honest. It is all being used and nothing is happening. Based on the attacks since the start of his candidacy Hillary should be ahead by 30 points. She is not.

As far As Saddam, he is right. As hard line as he was he kept the country in line. Kept his neighbors in check. However he did it is not the point. You can not agree with how he did it but you can easily say is he did keep them in check.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

He did self fund his primary. Where did he lie?

Next is the Tax returns. Why is a tax return important? Please, explain this. If he knows how to funnel money and it does not cost me, the tax payer or donated person, it looks to me like good business. That is what our country needs.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I feel it should be important to address the donors in general too.

Trumps donations come largely from Americans donating their hard earned money.
Hillary on the other hand accepts donations from nations that actively and openly execute gays and lesbians.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

As far As Saddam, he is right.

Yeah just ask the Kurd's about Saddam. Trump just showed how clueless he is about Iraq.

However he did it is not the point.

When they use chemical weapons it's a point that everyone should take notice.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Oh and that donation to the RNC is required. It's not like he was being generous.
It's his job to fundraise for the party down ballot.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

He did self fund his primary. Where did he lie?

Next is the Tax returns. Why is a tax return important? Please, explain this. If he knows how to funnel money and it does not cost me, the tax payer or donated person, it looks to me like good business. That is what our country needs.

I know I'm wasting my time showing you that he has done nothing but lie about his funding but here goes anyway.
The Lie of Trump's 'Self-Funding' Campaign

“From the start of his campaign in April through October last year, individual contributions made up about 67 percent of total money raised for his campaign.”

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

She's ahead though isn't she?
And as for Iraq. Tell it to the Americans who died. Saddam was good?? He had it right??? Trump advocates war crimes .
He doesn't have a clue.
Hint Saddam was not good and didn't have it right.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Everybody hates on Trump because he said something bad once.

Ignores the body trail behind the Clintons and the tens of millions in donations from the Royal House of Saud.

No big deal.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Nations cannot donate to presidential campaigns.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

There is a lot of history in the region. Do not pick and choose. Saddam Hussien was a brutal dictator but he had his country under control. As did Libya...and Syria...and Egypt. All places that another Hussein and Hillary open wide for Islam. that is for another thread though....

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I was not saying generous just that he is doing his part. The MSM keeps talking like there is a huge war and not money is trading hands. A bunch of bs.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Oh tax evasion by funneling money is A.O.K with you. Good to know.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

but they do...all of them....to Hillary's campaign. It is not even a secret. It is shameful.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I think in this election more than others, polls are really important, since it's an unconventional race.

If we were watching Rubio or Kasich vs Clinton I think you'd see a dead heat the whole time and that would be meaningless, but watching Trump rise and fall in the polls I think is how his campaign decides how to operate.

~Tenth

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join