It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Speech On Behalf Of The 48 Percent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It is, of course, a drama manufactured almost entirely by the right wing of British politics.

. . .

Now is not the time to give up and walk away from any political battleground, especially not Europe.
labourlist.org...

At a time when we all need to be working together more than ever, this man can only think of battle, and blaming drama on others.

This attitude is so foolish.

Who needs confrontation when co-operation is the key to a successful future?
edit on 6 7 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

All these false lefties are making me sick.

If a person has genuine left leanings, does not want to wind up part of a fascism, does not want to be a part of an expanding, and deepening relationship with the EU, and if a vote is taken in which the majority of voters chose to leave, then leave we should. Remain voters who love this country and the democracy we are SUPPOSED to operate within, know this, and are now preparing to deal with part two, because they know that only shoulder to shoulder, side by side, and unanimously in support of their fellow Britons, could our people ever have made it this far, and only by keeping that tradition would be survive whatever came next, whether in, or out of the EU.

The people have spoken, with a louder voice than they have for decades, and when this many people come out and vote, when this many people take the time to go to the polls and make a choice, it is a kick in the face for our democracy, when a pontificating halfwit stands there and makes mockery of that mandate, that choice, that instruction we have given our government.

Factually our membership was always illegal anyway. The jobs been ordered, and it must be completed.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

False lefty is bang on.
Proper, old labour lefties wouldn't have invaded Iraq, increased surveillance powers and called for 90 day detentions of innocent citizens. They also fought against undemocratic supranational organisations taking control of our law making.

edit on 40pWed, 06 Jul 2016 14:36:40 -050020162016-07-06T14:36:40-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

You see, this is how I know I was right as can be to vote out.

Some say that our politics is collapsing. Some say that chaos has descended. All I am seeing at the moment is a bunch of terrified shrivel membered pansies, realising how utterly disposable they are, when compared to the least of the rest of us.

This period in history has really had people showing their colours. We have allegedly left leaning Labour politicians coming out in favour of Remain, which goes against every fundamental principle of left wing politics due to the overly chummy relationship the EU has with businesses, we have seen fear politics from those who decry its use in the Commons, we have seen every manner of double speak and waffle, and all this has proven, is that the only genuinely left leaning people out there, the only ones who know what it even means, or what it is for, are not in the Commons, and they are not members of parties or affiliated with any, or activist for any in their communities.

This vote has given me faith in my fellow Britons, but it has underlined the lack of faith I have in the political establishment, and we can be surer now than ever before, that it is time to move this bunch of power addled buffoons out of the way, and replace them with better representatives, who want to give the people what they demand, rather than place demands upon them of an unreasonable nature ad infinitum.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
A 2nd referendum = a neverendum it won't happen ,even Tory Blair is nearly accepting this , I was out but if out I'
d lost by 2% I would accept that the most democratic vote since greek times had voted in ....they didn't. Thousands in London protesting for a revote.

If we had one and it went the other way to remain there'd be thousands of the outs protesting.

Mostly students want to stay ,trust me the aged have come throug this time

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Quite right. I was chatting to someone along the same lines earlier.
This is far bigger than the EU thing. It's the first shot in the war to change politics in the UK.
You can see it in Labour, with the disconnect between the PLP and the members. Rifts are starting in the Tories too, with talk of how the parliamentary party is trying to skew the vote because the rank and file favour Leadsom over the big wigs choice of that awful May creature.
edit on 02pWed, 06 Jul 2016 15:13:02 -050020162016-07-06T15:13:02-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It's all a shell game, but now, we only have one set of hands to watch.

What is more, the knives are out now, and if the people catch any funny business, I think there will be serious trouble. I'm not very tech savvy, and I don't do Twitter and Facebook, but if I did, I would be starting petitions on the government website, backed by Twitter and Facebook love, revolving around the following concepts.

Ban any current member of the Conservative government from attaining the PMs position. New blood, unsullied by corporate connections or any connection to the establishment is the only choice that will not result in petition two...

Make a direct request to the queen to dissolve parliament and call an election. By pass parliament and send Her Majesty a request to stop the current administration from carting out the latest corporate dog to do tricks while we get robbed. Get the whole nation to rally to that!

Insist on MPs who understand that their place is not to design policy, or make choices on our behalf. Their job, is whatever we, the people, tell them their job is on a given day of the week. Let's petition the government to provide servants, not masters!

And we would flood the government with well supported, millions strong voice, in numbers they simply could not ignore in the slightest. Concepts which make them obsolete, show them that unless they learn to bow before our power, they will be swept aside by it in time, and that if they make us wait to take our nation back from their corporate clients, that the sundering will be all the worse for them, not for us.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

There's a fair bit similar going on already.

One thing though, imagine the implications of the Queen doing something like that!

It could cement the place of the monarchy for another 1000 years or destroy it utterly.

We are for sure living in interesting times.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Indeed we are!

The fellow who thought it a curse to do so seems, in light of current events, a bit of a dullard. I would certainly rather be living in this moment, than any of the ones which happened previous to the period of possibilities we are living in now.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Ship Anglica is getting ready to sail out to the Seas of Commerce .

Storm clouds are brewing and the winter of discontent is upon us .

Destination Nevada .

City of London had nothing else left to devour on the EU table ; the feast is over , political horse long dead , they had to leave but be seen to be forced into it.

Enter City Boy with French surname , German wife and St. George's flag , whip up fear and hatred amongs the populus.

edit on 6-7-2016 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Blairites make me sick

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Indeed we are!

The fellow who thought it a curse to do so seems, in light of current events, a bit of a dullard. I would certainly rather be living in this moment, than any of the ones which happened previous to the period of possibilities we are living in now.

Almost Neitscheian that!

But yes, challenging, interesting times beat the cloying comforts of boredom.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

a reply to: Kester

Factually our membership was always illegal anyway. The jobs been ordered, and it must be completed.

What makes you think our membership was illegal?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Insist on MPs who understand that their place is not to design policy, or make choices on our behalf. Their job, is whatever we, the people, tell them their job is on a given day of the week. Let's petition the government to provide servants, not masters!

We live in a parliamentary democracy. It is entirely the job of our MPs to design policy and make choices on our behalf.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The psychoses are coming out into the open and exposing an agenda. We all now know that the EU is to have an army, that will take on Russia, on behalf of the US (obviously), via an invasion of the Ukraine. What the youth who allegedly voted "Remain" did not know, is that Cameron and his pro-EU cronies, were planning to CONSCRIPT from the very "young" "Remain" voters, who are protesting about democracy. They would have only been 'employed' because of CONSCRIPTION, while any jobs were and have been handed to Eastern Europeans.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Less than half of the British voters voted for the Tory party, the Tories made it into government, no crying and wailing about that that, just what the hell is the matter with the British/English/Scottish/northern Irish voters?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

We live in a parliamentary democracy. It is entirely the job of our MPs to design policy and make choices on our behalf.

With the proviso that they tell you (broadly) what they plan to do before hand).

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Democracy in the uk does not include ignoring the wishes of 48 % of the country. We had a referendum to change the voting system and no one turned up which means we still have parliamentary democracy not direct democracy of any other type of democracy., so if people are so bothered about the type of democracy we have, why were they all so bloody quiet when we had an official vote on it. Maybe daily mail and sun reAders shouldn't get to vote. If their influence is so strong, that's not democracy either.

If you think lefties like teachers and nurses shouldn't vote a large voting bloc shouldn't vote, maybe you should head to north Korea. The left is only getting

I think we have seen in recent British politics that both sides are strongly represented to hold the other side accountable for their promises and actions. You push one side too far it will only come back stronger. With leaders like trump, surfing on a tide of right wing populism. If that as what you want that's what will happen. You can't just ignore 48% of the population without some kick back

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Democracy in the uk does not include ignoring the wishes of 48 % of the country. We had a referendum to change the voting system and no one turned up which means we still have parliamentary democracy not direct democracy of any other type of democracy., so if people are so bothered about the type of democracy we have, why were they all so bloody quiet when we had an official vote on it. Maybe daily mail and sun reAders shouldn't get to vote. If their influence is so strong, that's not democracy either.

If you think lefties like teachers and nurses shouldn't vote a large voting bloc shouldn't vote, maybe you should head to north Korea. The left is only getting

I think we have seen in recent British politics that both sides are strongly represented to hold the other side accountable for their promises and actions. You push one side too far it will only come back stronger. With leaders like trump, surfing on a tide of right wing populism. If that as what you want that's what will happen. You can't just ignore 48% of the population without some kick back

There's truth to that, though.....We have to rule by majority else we never get anything done.
Everybody has one vote that is worth as much as anyone else's.

How many times in your life have you woken up the morning after a General Election to the news that the other side won? And that they are sitting on a majority in parliament with around a third of the vote...But we all have to get on with it, don't we?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join