It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the prank victim who (apparently) died in three seperate terror attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Seems this man was involved in some kind of legal dispute and as a result he is being trolled. full article here

All these claims are, obviously, false. Regrettably, these social media shenanigans have been picked up by the media; the man’s photo is currently included in a New York Times video about the victims of the Orlando shooting. Following a BBC article about internet fakes and rumors, an investigative team at France24 decided to dig a little further to find out who this man really is and why this keeps happening to him.

I can see both sides to this. There is an element of humour in this and also disrespect to victims. It would be nice to think something funny or uplifting can come out of tragedy but a bit of respect goes a long way. I'm surprised he isn't the subject of some false flag type youtube videos and threads already.
edit on 2211642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I say the media is as guilty as Hill on this one.

The media needs to double checks it sources.

It used to be called good journalism, now it's called F'it, this twitter feeds look legit....

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm not one to jump on the false flag / crisis actors thing.. But the excuses on this article are pretty weak . Ruin his reputation? I don't see how they did that ...

This makes more sense as a damage control article... If someone screwed me out of money I think the last thing I would do is say they died In terrorist attack? How does that hurt him? Givin the current state of affairs I wouldn't even consider in pranking a friend like that... In this climate? Seems like that's how you get a knock on your door..

Not saying this is anything more than it is but it sure does smell fishy

a reply to: sg1642

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

Well there is that side of the argument too I suppose. Not a lot is ever as it seems these days.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

The same media sources who mock conspiracy theories and those who believe in them are often the root of the problem (if that's what you want to call it). Blindly spurting out fiction as fact because they are in such a hurry to get the story out first. Remember WTC7 or the not-so-dead dead hijackers on the BBC after 9/11?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

One of the tweets says "pleas help". My guess the guy sets up funds to donate to...

wonder what his take is so far?

Edit: Funny comments section below article linked in OP.
edit on 6-7-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

One of the tweets says "pleas help". My guess the guy sets up funds to donate to...

wonder what his take is so far?

Edit: Funny comments section below article linked in OP.

If they have used this as a scam to gather funds in such a manner they should hang their heads in shame. I doubt they would though or there would be a massive uproar of 'hey I donated to those guys' thundering across the internet by now.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Changed: Remember all the people that falsely claimed they died in 911? It was for monetary gain, tax evasion, whatever.

Some people practice dying for a living.

Times

edit on 6-7-2016 by intrptr because: changed:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I read the comments you mentioned. One of them states he posts all kinds of vile crap on twitter so he might have an enemy or two. Dogs crapping on the quran that kind of thing...

top topics

join