It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Mandela Effect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Ok, I am a believer. I do remember some events being different, or things that no longer exist anymore that I'm sure did. Mandela dying is not one of them. But I came across this video today.

I remember this song like they remember it.

How do you remember it?

We are the Champions

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
nope always ended like that, people always sing the middle chorus and use it as the end chorus
none of that mandela crap here folks

EDIT: I only know because I had to learn it at school for some fund raiser thing many many moons ago
edit on 6-7-2016 by TigStar82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

point one :

that scene was delibereatly written that way - by a screenwriter - you do realise that ???????

dont you ????????????????????????? i has to ask nowadays

point two :

" we are the champions ..................of the world "

is actually sung twice during the song - just not at the end - soo miss remembering it is not a big leap

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Every Mandela effect plays out like this

Believers:
- effected: I must be from a different universe/timeline
- not effected: This must be from my original timeline

Non-believers:
- effected: I must have a periodically faulty memory

- not effected: I remember it correctly, if you don't it's your faulty memory of the event

So let the pointless arguments begin, even though no ones options on the subject ever change

edit on 6-7-2016 by Quantumgamer1776 because: Editing

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

No.

It's always been how it is now. Freddie sings "of the world" towards the end. It's just one of those slight differences that you never remembered right.

So many people are so "sure" and so wrong.

I believe this was posted before anyway. here

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post where it was posted before or not but I think I'm allowed..

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The last chorus omits, "...of the world", leaving you hanging. Thats the way I remember it.

The first two choruses show it, just like I remember it, too...

I've paid my dues
Time after time.
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime.
And bad mistakes ‒
I've made a few.
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through.

(And I need just go on and on, and on, and on)

We are the champions, my friends,
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
We are the champions.
We are the champions.
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world.

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it
I thank you all

But it's been no bed of roses,
No pleasure cruise.
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race
And I ain't gonna lose.

(And I need just go on and on, and on, and on)

We are the champions.
We are the champions.
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world.

We are the champions.
We are the champions.
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions.

lyrics

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Keep calm ,It's so pointless..

I remember at the world in the end and it isn't there. this is already the 10th effect I remember 'wrong' together with about 16miljon other people... Sorry I don't know what to make of the ME Psyops? Bad memory ? The Flash maybe ?

Yeah I know I'm getting silly but all the ME treads are alike Nothing is solved , ?

My own conclusion is that the Egregore is collapsing due to information overload within the simulation but I don't know for sure. What I do know for sure is that ME is very dangerous and can induce psychosis (I was bonkers myself for awhile) so don't get carried away with it.

Oh yeah , and we are still the champions of the World , 2+2=4 shoot to kill I don't care

edit on 762016 by frenchfries because: links added

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

I think it is changing.. The simulation, whatever..

I think psyops come in to steer the ship.. And to target wannabe captains..

I think I went into psychosis over this..

Fine now though.

Still playing the game.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Like I said"possible ". It probably did end the way it does. So I may be wrong. And I'm glad there are folks here to set me straight on most of those memories. But there are a few, maybe 3, that you can not convince me otherwise.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

point one :

that scene was delibereatly written that way - by a screenwriter - you do realise that ???????

dont you ????????????????????????? i has to ask nowadays

point two :

" we are the champions ..................of the world "

is actually sung twice during the song - just not at the end - soo miss remembering it is not a big leap

Can we at least all agree that Freddie looks darn good in his leotard jumpsuit?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This very old TNG story (Remember ME) is exactly like people now react on the ME effect....

edit on 762016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TigStar82

In a rats azz there isn't. At least for me, it's alive and kicking. I have heard that song forever and it ends: "of the world."

Eff that.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: paperdoll
no...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

In a rats azz there isn't. At least for me, it's alive and kicking. I have heard that song forever and it ends: "of the world."

Eff that.

Yes. See, I went to the movies alot as a kid, I also has a VCR and cable tv. So I watched alot of movies over and over. One of those movies was "Revenge of the Nerds". At the end of the movie, there is an epic version of the song with a choir. I remember the end being "Of the Wooooooorld!!!!"

Maybe that's why I remember it that way, because of the movie.

But then, I think, would they be allowed to re write the song?

Maybe in my head, when I hear that song in the car, I hear "of the Wooooooorld!!!"?

But then, I'm like, it don't sound right when i listen to it now.

So, I'm like back and forth with this. I have asked 2 people so far, and they too say it doesn't sound right to them either. I asked in a way where they didn't see the video, only the song was played. I told them to sing along, and they too were all like "Wait, WTF?"

So, I put it out there.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Revenge of the nerds

AND

The Mighty Ducks 2

Found it on Youtube, uploaded in 2009

Ends in "of the world"

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
As probably the biggest Queen fan on ATS, I can assure you the studio/album/single version of the song everybody knows ends like that (in the OP video).

When singing the song live, Freddie tended to add "of the world" at the end after a dramatic pause.

Maybe people are just remembering the live versions?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: primespickle

Ok then, we figured this one out. Totally debunked. Thank you ATS.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
There was a thread about this in the last week or two.
Not Mandela effect just different versions that you can easily find on youtube.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Eff that.

Unless the mandela affect started between 18 - 20 years ago then NO the song does not end like that
My whole year (about 70 teens) sang it for a charity fund raiser thing at school, I remember the end clearly because you know what teenagers are like, if someone makes a mistake everyone's starts shouting "AAHHHHH WANKER OR HAHAHA TWAT" or something to that effect and we done it a lot to a lot of people INCLUDING ME, I messed it up a few times and felt the embarrassment of my year laughing at me. You cant tell me someone's changed my memories

I don't claim to know all the mandela stuff is bogus but I KNOW FOR SURE this hasn't changed 1 tiny bit since the day it was released (or at least since the day I learnt to sing it 18-20 yrs ago)

Its totally delusional to think that TPTB would go to the effort of inventing time travel just go back and change all these random words from songs and movies, what's the point, explain that one to me and I might start seeing your point because there doesn't seem to be any reason why its supposedly being done
And even if they are wasting their time going to all this effort to change these words then what is it meant to do? how is it affecting your daily life? it really doesn't do anything except from make us look like idiots singing/quoting the "old version". Maybe that's their plan, to make us all die of embarrassment, damn evil geniuses

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20951665]paperdoll[
I can't tell you how many times I've heard this song. I was actually alive when it came out. It was extremely popular and was used a lot. I love queen which means I've most likely have listened to it more than most, if the Mandela effect is correct there will be people who remember it both ways. If you don't remember it ending OF THE WORLD
it points to you having different reality than people who remember OF THE WORLD ending the song. Sorry if you are going to comment on a conspiracy theory maybe you should understand it first. It's too bad you lived in a different reality because it ending OF THE WORLD Makes the song complete.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join