It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cursed' statue found in Catskills cave

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Looks similar to a Nkondi - a container for a specific spirit. Nails are used as a metallic object to energize or add power to it. It could of created by a diviner (nganga) as a protective figure to ward off evil, illness or bad deeds. Or - It could of been used to seal an oath. However if it were made ritually to seal an oath, and the oath is broken, the spirit would be released to hunt down whom ever breached the agreement. I suppose then it would become negative in nature and from the descriptions in the story, the happenings revolved around it do not appear to be friendly...

Were there any substances hidden in or on the head, abdomen or neck ? I don't know if anyone would have answers to this question being that the original finders did not leave any good contact info.

It has been noted in the story presented to us that a bad lake like odor came about when the object was present and or active. Maybe it is a water spirit of some kind that was invoked in the ritual ?

It would make a good movie...this story.

leolady

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Well, burning things could also release that negative energy, apparently. Although, I, too, usually have the initial 'burn it with fire' reaction.

Maybe, but fire is the method listed for a punishment for even the devil and his demons, so it seems to fit! I'd burn it! Maybe the negative energy would be consumed as well. Case like that, I'd go with my gut. Then again, I wouldn't have taken that thing home in the first place!

Still not sure I buy the whole story. How do we know the guy claimed to have found it isn't the same guy that has it now? Cant imagine why anyone who believed such objects were cursed/haunted would collect them and live with them. Makes no sense to me. Seems about as smart as collecting rabid wildlife.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
So have any of you experienced anything out of the ordinary since reading/viewing this?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scorpiogurl
So have any of you experienced anything out of the ordinary since reading/viewing this?

My wife has been extra nice to me. This is either means it is my birthday or she is planning to kill me.

edit on 18-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hahaha! Too funny!

I always remind my husband of two things. 1. He has to go to sleep sometime. 2. Just a little bit of Windex in the soup each day.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

From one Scorpio to another, you're evil.

But I would know....

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

All hail Scorpios! The absolute BEST sign in the astrological family!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

Our spouses would disagree.

But screw them.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scorpiogurl

Nope, nothing abnormal at all regarding the Easter Island statuette lookalike, and nothing from Billy the Fugly Idol, either. All that time staring at his ugly ass on the site's live feed, and nada. I'm a little disappointed, and maybe mildly butthurt. I expected some kind of retribution for insulting Billy, to prove my prediction wrong.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: ColeYounger

This picture looks staged, the rope looks like new cord not old. Guess i am the only one thinking this is faked.

Those nails look barely a week old; and the pattern on the heads looks very modern and mass produced to me. Like Home Depot brand.
Nails left out exposed like that turn colors quick. These look fresh.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Just because something is new doesn't mean it can't harbor something sinister. Not sure why ancient and old means haunted, but new means it can't be. Not saying it is.. the museum folks are frauds or not. They either fabricated the entire thing, or there may be substance to it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join