It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP calls FBI head Comey to testify this week

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: BlueAjah

It's useless to discuss things with the naive ignorant hillary supporters.

Human beings are masters of rationalization. They hear what they want to hear. We can't do anything to break trough their layers upon layers of ignorance and love for that criminal bitch

I agree. It is like a brain damaged by all the bs they have ingested tainted with something that prevents them from reasoning; a kind of brainwashing they have accepted from some cult.

I don't engage them because, #1 - their inability to "see" is scary; and #2 - they use too many obvious memes and talking points and you begin to feel like you are trying to show a kindergartner with ADD how to stay focused and keep within the lines while he is bouncing from one obfuscation to another.

edit on 6-7-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

The congressional GOP, and Right Wingers in general, have a problem with letting things go, as we witnessed with Benghazi.

Propaganda technique number 1.

www.uvm.edu...

It's not propaganda when it can be proven.

Benghazi.....Benghazi.

Must be difficult to be in the denial stage. My condolences.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

It's useless to discuss things with the naive ignorant hillary supporters.

Human beings are masters of rationalization. They hear what they want to hear. We can't do anything to break trough their layers upon layers of ignorance and love for that criminal bitch

Your right, we all have our bias to hold close in the wee dark hours of the night. You're also right that she is a criminal bitch, I would have added additional adjectives and a few choice expletives ;-)

That being said, we all have to keep hammering at this situation. There are at least a few good people in the "just us" department that want to see justice served. They need our support. I am quite sure they watch the forums and by seeing more dissention they may feel more enabled in doing the right thing, their jobs. Which is not just finding out all the truth about the Clintons, Rico schemes, blackmail and their piggy bank foundation, but also the rest of the corruption in DC and elsewhere on the political stage.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Bush,Cheney,9-11, Haliburton, and the snippin list goes on for 16 YEARS.

So give that FAUX outrage a rest.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I agree that he did what he could with what he had.

I'm certain he has been preparing his congressional testimony for a while.

"Director Comey, suppose you had decided to make a criminal referral to the DOJ. Please describe in meticulous detail what would have been in the referral."

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I wonder if a Congressional hearing can determine if a person can be permanently denied a top secret clearance? Thus making a President Clinton impossible due to the responsibilities of the job.

A simple majority vote should be good enough as that was all Obamacare needed.

Thus meaning precisely dick since the president doesn't hold a top secret security clearance.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I sincerely hope they ask Director Comey if Hillary would be able to get a security clearance, based on what he said about her yesterday.

If his answer is "NO", then Hillary is disqualified from being President. Who wants a Commander-In-Chief that can't even attend morning intelligence briefings!
edit on 7/6/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

All I have to do is sit back and watch the uninformed spit out their hatred and denial over what has been on front of their face the entire time.

Are you referring to the FBI director?

FBI Transcript James Comey on Secretary Clinton Use of a Personal Server

Be careful dude, thats the FBI your talking about.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Bush,Cheney,9-11, Haliburton, and the snippin list goes on for 16 YEARS.

So give that FAUX outrage a rest.

Who's talking about that?

Nice deflection.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: introvert

All I have to do is sit back and watch the uninformed spit out their hatred and denial over what has been on front of their face the entire time.

Are you referring to the FBI director?

FBI Transcript James Comey on Secretary Clinton Use of a Personal Server

Be careful dude, thats the FBI your talking about.

That makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I sincerely hope they ask Director Comey if Hillary would be able to get a security clearance, based on what he said about her yesterday.

If his answer is "NO", then Hillary is disqualified from being President. Who wants a Commander-In-Chief that can't even attend morning intelligence briefings!

Paul Ryan and others are pushing for Hillary to have her clearance revoked until such time as she takes the oath of office. Once she's Pres, she has clearance automatically.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The deflection began HERE.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because someone couldn't be bother to real ALL the sourced material.

That was found HERE:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

They do not automatically hold any "clearance".
What they are given is by virtue of the Office, not
necessarily the same thing.

edit on 6-7-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Exactly.

At first I was very confused too. I thought he had been corrupted. Then reality set in.

If he really had been bought or coerced, would he have said what he did? No, he would have spun it that she was innocent, or said nothing at all. Instead he said some very damning things.

I think this caught them off guard. They are probably freaking out.

If he was going to recommend indictment, a career in the Clinton administration would have been impossible anyway.

He said "To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.".

So he was emphasizing that something must be done. So maybe if not legal action, perhaps Congress can do something? Remove security clearances or prohibit her from public office? Who knows?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It's interesting how many people said they would know the system is rigged if the FBI didn't recommend an indictment but are, again, putting their faith and hope in that system and even calling Comey "genius" for his announcement yesterday.

Five stages of grief:

1. Denial and Isolation
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

Seems that most of those grieving are in stages 1,2, and 3, right now. I'm at 5, having once again accepted that the system is corrupt and has pretty much always been corrupt.

I'm counting on good ol' Congress to simply affirm everything Comey said and do their part to help silence the critics.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Getting elected is considered the president's vetting process. There is no security clearance to withhold by any investigative agency.

So yes, it is automatic once they are elected. They sign their little "I promise not to tell anybody" paper and off they go.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes, I commented on the topic.

The GOP is going to attempt another "Benghazi"-like investigation because they are in denial.

You call that deflection, I call that anti-"conservatism".

Big government hoodlums.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

At first I jumped the gun too and thought the FBI was corrupted. But the whole press conference seemed "off". I started to realize that what Comey did was a calculated move in a very difficult situation.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

It's like he said "screw it" and changed the last few minutes of his "recommend indictment" speech.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

t's interesting how many people said they would know the system is rigged if

Yeah it was rigged.

Because Lynch was on record about 'recommendations' before yesterday.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join