It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Upon Jehovah, Why So Important?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I recently updated an old thread, this one The Hebrew Tatragrammaton
with some new video's. This got me thinking on one of the links to a King James Bible that uses the divine name. DNKJ

The Divine Name King James Bible is accomplishing its work. Bible readers everywhere are reporting with great enthusiasm that they are happy to see the name Jehovah, all throughout the King James, especially so since the King James Bible is so trusted and widely read. It is important to call out to the Almighty God using his name because it is the way we treat those we love intimately. It would not be right to know someone's name and then avoid it at all cost, would it? Therefore we use God's name, the best way we know how, and how true that is because even if we are deaf and have never heard anyone say it, we will sign God's name. Nothing can stop us from loving our Creator!

Even though we see that men did remove God's name from the Bible, we opinion that it is the work of God's enemy, Satan, the Devil, that the Divine Name has been hidden and tucked away for centuries. Did Jehovah permit this? Yes, of course. In all these times long past, was it completely unknown? No. Nevertheless, there has been a forgetting of the Divine Name and Jehovah knows it and has spoken out against this kind of thing. (Jeremiah 23:25-27) Jehovah has always warned his creatues that misuse of free will brings us into opposition to Him and places us on "slippery places." (Psalm 73:18) How slippery is this ground? Very slippery—and this is especially clear among 'religious' people of the world. Foremost among God's opposers is of course Satan, and he is transforming himself into an Angel of Illumination and has raised up shepherds that have misled people into doing heinous things in the name of Jesus Christ, that is, in the name of Christianity, and also through Islam and Judaism, in the name of, God and Lord and Allah. (2 Corinthians 11:13-15) (2 Corinthians 4:4) These once holy expressions have now sadly become tarnished, as they are shouted as the authority and the ralleying cry of those spilling the blood of innocents for thousands of years before our time, and now, in two World Wars, and the terrorism of our modern times. How then are those worshipping the God of Abraham to overcome such shameful things?

In our times there yet remains the name Jehovah, the name of the God of Abraham, that now steps forward untarnished.

Joel 2:32
Romans 10:13
Acts 2:21

And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved

To all Christians I say this, remember this, in the dark times to come, the Great Tribulation may be much closer than many think.

edit on 6-7-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Not sure if this fits but will drop it off . Its a PDF by Micheal Heiser on Name Theology of Israelite Religion ....

The Name Theology of Israelite Religion 0. Introduction Students of the Old Testament are familiar with the variety of terms, titles, and expressions used by biblical writers to refer to the God of Israel. The Name Theology is one such literary-theological strategy. In simplest terms, the Name Theology refers to the propensity of certain biblical writers to refer to Yahweh as ha-Shem (“the Name”) and to describe Israel’s sanctuary (Tabernacle or Temple) as the place where God chooses to put his Name with the central formulaic expression l e e and similar phrases ( e , e ). The Name Theology concerns other textual items, but as we shall see, these two focal points are central to the history of the discussion. The aim of this paper is to survey the biblical-theological understandings of the Name Theology put forth by scholars over the last two hundred years. From the 19th century until roughly the last quarter of the 20th century, one articulation of the Name Theology held sway with only slight points of contention between scholars. This predominant articulation of the Name Theology required the late authorship of Deuteronomy and the idea that Deuteronomy and the Deuteronomistic Historian sought to correct the primitive, naïve theology of the Torah’s J and E writers. The last quarter of the 20th century to the present day witnessed contributions from scholars that produced important modifications to the predominant view. The paper will conclude with a few thoughts of my own as to how a full understanding of the Name Theology must move beyond the narrow focus points that orient most of the scholarly discussion
www.thedivinecouncil.com...

Also this is interesting

edit on 6-7-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

because , in common with all religions EVERYTHING good has to be attributed to the alledged god a the top of it , if jews or christians can call on " bob " to get things done - then the entire point of worshiping jehova goes out the window

YMMV

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
“Those four letters are rendered by the consonants...”

“The original vowel sounds used in God’s name are unknown...”

Either they’re vowels or consonants, surely it can’t be both.

There could not possibly be a ‘J’ (as in the hard consonant) if they were originally vowels and the same applies to the ‘V’ and ‘Y’ sounds. To this day, none of those letters even exist in their own right in the Hebrew alphabet. Therefore, it is purely a matter of dialect and/or interpretation, which would certainly differ across countless Semitic languages, not to mention Ancient Egyptian as well.

The real story here is that God’s Name has been deliberately and deceptively removed from scripture, and replaced with something completely irrelevant. This is fraud, and blasphemy to boot.

I say this in the name of היא.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

You are correct that it is a fraud that the Tetragrammaton is translated into "LORD" when clearly that is not what it is,
"Lord" is a title not name.

You might not realize that the Tetragrammaton is translated into many languages usually giving a different pronunciation for each one. As of November 2014 the full Bible has been translated into 531 languages, if each bible uses God's name in their own language, I know one of them is at least close. The English version would not be the original way to say it, as we know that Hebrew didn't have a "J". However when it comes to names you say the name in the language you are speaking, ATS is an English site. Look at a common female name that begins with "J", Jane
JANE and all the different ways to say it, are we going argue one way is more correct than another?

If you read an English bible which I do, that is the name and how you say it.

If you want to argue we don't know the exact way it was said by Adam and Abraham I will agree, we don't.
But I would also say God prefers that we try, as he asked us to in the bible, it's that simple.
If there is crowd of people with 100 different names and we yell " Hey Buddy", we might not get the attention of the person, then we use his name and he looks our way.
So we have to know it, and use it to get the one true God's attention.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I the attention o Jesus Christ by calling on his name. Remember no man cometh unto the Father except by me.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
the reason Jesus used the term ''By'' and not ''through'' is because we must go to God through his sons work on the cross for us in this era, the church age.

edit on 6-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
...the reason Jesus used the term ''By'' and not ''through'' is because we must go to God through...

Not following your logic there. Not through, because...through?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

God knows our thoughts .If you were mute and couldn't speak ,God would know what your were thinking or who you meant but didn't say . If you have a speech impediment ,it doesn't matter . If you speak a language that does not have those sounds ,it doesn't matter . What does matter is Jesus .

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

You are correct that it is a fraud that the Tetragrammaton is translated into "LORD" when clearly that is not what it is,
"Lord" is a title not name.

You’re most likely far more acquainted with different books than I am, admittedly my own take is mostly based upon instinct alone. But one thing that has been in my mind for a while now is exactly what you said there; “Lord” is a title, typically for a prominent man. This is exactly why I say it’s a fraud because it beggars belief why it would be used to replace God’s Name except if it were for malicious reasons. For if God’s Name is removed from scripture, then how can we even be sure as to its overall integrity?

Anyway, the way I look at it is that there would be no such “true name”, only our own words. In any case, I highly doubt that we’d be looking at a word which has come into existence of the last 1,000 years say, more likely that such a word would have existed thousands of years ago - if that’s the case then it is probably a) only a very few glyphs in length, like 3 at most, and b) comprised only of vowels. “Jehovah”, “Jahweh” and any incarnation of such, as well as “Jeshua”, makes no sense whatsoever in my mind because some of those letters simply did not exist in their current form during Biblical times.

I guess nobody will ever know unless this “missing glyph” is found, or if it has been then somebody figures out how to pronounce it. But then, the Priory of Sion were, and probably still are for that matter, trying to do exactly this very thing for an incredibly long time now.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

But one thing that has been in my mind for a while now is exactly what you said there; “Lord” is a title, typically for a prominent man. This is exactly why I say it’s a fraud because it beggars belief why it would be used to replace God’s Name except if it were for malicious reasons.

Exactly confuse people with the title "LORD" so they don't know if the bible verse is referring to the Lord Jesus Christ or the Almighty Lord Jehovah, but that discussion is for another thread. Suffice to say the Lord "Jesus Christ" name was given to him upon his earthly physical birth. But he had a different name before he came to earth, and it wasn't Jehovah.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I recently updated an old thread, this one The Hebrew Tatragrammaton
with some new video's. This got me thinking on one of the links to a King James Bible that uses the divine name. DNKJ

The Divine Name King James Bible is accomplishing its work. Bible readers everywhere are reporting with great enthusiasm that they are happy to see the name Jehovah, all throughout the King James, especially so since the King James Bible is so trusted and widely read. It is important to call out to the Almighty God using his name because it is the way we treat those we love intimately. It would not be right to know someone's name and then avoid it at all cost, would it? Therefore we use God's name, the best way we know how, and how true that is because even if we are deaf and have never heard anyone say it, we will sign God's name. Nothing can stop us from loving our Creator!

Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah, in Judaism God jas 72 "names" and Islam he has 99 aspects. "God" is so generic the only thing that determines what God you are praying to is what religion you choose, or don't choose for that matter because whatever you call the Creator it is the same Creator that everyone prays to no matter what god or name we use because the inspired books called scripture all come from the pen, hand and the mind of humans under divine inspiration for each culture to have a reason to live a pious life and learn from the lessons (or manipulate people depending on who).

But nobody knows Who or What "God" is because nobody has ever seen Him/Her. Therefore all religions are equal in probability with the exception of obvious cult scams, a fine line but with knowledge they are easy to spot. I know of 100% Bible based Christian cults.

Even though we see that men did remove God's name from the Bible, we opinion that it is the work of God's enemy, Satan, the Devil, that the Divine Name has been hidden and tucked away for centuries. Did Jehovah permit this? Yes, of course. In all these times long past, was it completely unknown? No. Nevertheless, there has been a forgetting of the Divine Name and Jehovah knows it and has spoken out against this kind of thing. (Jeremiah 23:25-27) Jehovah has always warned his creatues that misuse of free will brings us into opposition to Him and places us on "slippery places." (Psalm 73:18) How slippery is this ground? Very slippery—and this is especially clear among 'religious' people of the world. Foremost among God's opposers is of course Satan,

Not so according to the Book of Job and Judaism. God doesn't have opposers the ones being opposed are us because that is the Opposer or Adversary's (HaSatan) job at God Jehovah's command. Job 1st chapter.

and he is transforming himself into an Angel of Illumination and has raised up shepherds that have misled people into doing heinous things in the name of Jesus Christ,

Heinous things have been done in the name of Jehovah/Allah and Jesus for sure and happen today. It's sickening because all 3 religions worship the same God and all use him as an excuse to go to war.

But it isn't Satan doing it. Humans do it.

that is, in the name of Christianity, and also through Islam and Judaism, in the name of, God and Lord and Allah. (2 Corinthians 11:13-15) (2 Corinthians 4:4) These once holy expressions have now sadly become tarnished, as they are shouted as the authority and the ralleying cry of those spilling the blood of innocents for thousands of years before our time, and now, in two World Wars, and the terrorism of our modern times. How then are those worshipping the God of Abraham to overcome such shameful things?

In our times there yet remains the name Jehovah, the name of the God of Abraham, that now steps forward untarnished.

Joel 2:32
Romans 10:13
Acts 2:21

And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved

To all Christians I say this, remember this, in the dark times to come, the Great Tribulation may be much closer than many think.

Only if you are going to die soon. Otherwise this IS the tribulation and always has been. You know that you are going to die and you will, what you do might be judged by a more powerful being, "God"or whoever "God" appoints.

But if your only reason for being a good person who does good is fear of hell then your motives are selfish in nature because you expect a reward for that which you should do without the expectation of reward.

The atheist who does a good deed every chance possible who thinks that they are not going to face judgement and still don't do evil, do good for no reason other than it is the right thing to do is less selfish.

So I don't condemn either because I know I shouldn't, and do the best I can to believe in The Most High God and do good things without expecting a reward.

And I do my best to believe that The Most High God doesn't behave like Jehovah.
edit on 6-7-2016 by DefeatDeceit888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I wasn't really expecting you too unless you knew how those terms are used in the Bible.

by and through are not the same.

Try a Bible study on "By Faith" and "Through Faith" that might help you understand

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DefeatDeceit888

And I do my best to believe that The Most High God doesn't behave like Jehovah.

Spiritual Intellectuals like to think they know better than the God of the old testament, that the way he did things was brutal and unfair. It may seems that way to us, but none of those people had Christs blood vouching for them, people underestimate the value of that sacrifice and the value it had for people of the earth. Once God had it, there was no more mass exterminations directly by him that seem to us today as way overkill.
Some humans always think they know better than God, it's a flaw we inherited from our first parents, it's in our DNA.
We might not understand the why, but if you want to argue with Jehovah and disagree with him that's fine, free choice, generally humans come out on the losing side of that, unless your his friend like Abraham was.

It has been predicted that in the Great Tribulation some people will curse Jehovah for what is happening, and they won't fair well for doing that, and ignoring his sovereignty. But.....

And I will certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.’

Ezekiel 38:23

At some point all people will no longer be ignorant of who is causing the upheaval they are experiencing, they will be forced to acknowledge the true reality, and they will hate it.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I am one of those "Spiritual Intellectuals " then I guess. I like the term and would use it if not for its boastful sounding nature.

I don't know if you think that I am pro Jehovah or not, but I am not.

I do believe that the Bible is scripture but Jehovah to me represents error in the cosmos because he acts erroneously. You can see that in his domain, this domain.

So count me among one who neither curses nor blesses. I just want to have a clear conscience and if it means accurately observing the nature of Jehovah I am going to do just that.

Because a Higher God exists than Jehovah and his Kingdom is called the Kingdom of God.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Because a Higher God exists than Jehovah and his Kingdom is called the Kingdom of God.

Ok, then what is his name ?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Nobody knows.

My opinion, he/she has no name. Who names the original Eternal Creator who has no creator to name him/her?

And how would I find out if he/she named him/her self when nobody, myself included, has ever had a two way communication with The Most High.

In Canaanite and Hebrew it was El Elyon with his wife Asherah at the top. Egypt had Ra or Ammon Ra I think. Anu in Sumeria. Zurvan, ParaBrahman, The All, Ineffable Aeon or Majesty.

Kabbalah has Ain, Ain Sop and Ain Soph Aur before you even get to the crown of the Tree of Life. Earth is at the bottom and Jehovah just one God called Yahweh Sabaoth and every religion and language and culture has there own name.

I prefer Infinte One or The Most High.
edit on 7-7-2016 by DefeatDeceit888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2016 by DefeatDeceit888 because: add something

edit on 7-7-2016 by DefeatDeceit888 because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

"The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named is not the Eternal Name
The Nameless is the origin of Heaven and Earth
The named is the mother of myriad things

Thus, constantly free of desire
One observes its wonders
Constantly filled with desire
One observes its manifestations

These two emerge together but differ in name
The unity is said to be the mystery
Mystery of mysteries, the door to all wonders"

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Nice poem. The importance of names is a human necessity for identifying what is being spoken of.

I find 'God' inadequate because it's generic and originally was the name of the Patriarch of the Elohim, El. Now I think El Elyon may have been the Mighty One above even El, like Anu had a superior whose name escapes me.

And the identification of El with Saturn is nearly certain and the worship of Saturn is as old as sand. Most Patriarch gods can be identified with or compared to Saturn.

Solomon is all about Saturn (today at least). His ring to control the 72 chief spirits named in the Testament of Solomon. The Seal of Solomon veiled (disguised, why the deception unless it is a secret worth keeping?) as the Star of David is a Saturnian symbol and has been for who knows how long but you see it everywhere, even on a nations flag.

I have linked the hexagram to gods, kings and kings who became gods but it always leads back to Saturn. From Chaldean Sator or Satur, pre vowels STRN, I forgot the meaning but it's important.

Lord of the Rings the books and movies, is a veiled reference to Saturn. The "all seeing eye" is really the storm that looks like an eye and has a far different meaning than "we see everything" but I guess it is smart to give false meaning to things if you don't want people knowing the real meaning but want to make a statement.

STRN, I heard, can be gematrically added up to 666 like the hexagram can be made to represent it and if this is true then the Solomon connection grows stronger. (666 talents)

I think it erroneous to associate 666 with Satan because he is not the beast #1. #2 Satan has no etymological link to Saturn but people are associating Saturn with Satan when Satan works for Yahweh not El and is not El or in the same league.

The ancient world is fascinating.
edit on 7-7-2016 by DefeatDeceit888 because: bad at typing

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Gnosisisfaith, you are giving yourself away and will be banned again.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

If the medieval conconction Jehovah is God's real name?:

How come the name pronounced by the High Priest in the sanctuary on the Day of Atonement was read from Leviticus xvi. 30 during the confession of sins was:

Shem-ha-mephorash??? Called The Excellent Name?

top topics

join