It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another police involved shooting - Baton Rouge Police Shoot Alton Sterling

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: KillerKell

It wasn't.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

It wasn't.

"Or, perhaps... just maybe... possibly... within the realm of reason... do you think his Resisting went beyond mere words?"

That doesn't paint a picture in which I insist that his Resisting was a threat?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I think, without knowing all of what occurred prior to what we see in the video, is paramount in understanding the level of force used. I get the impression we are seeing the conclusion and the video leaves out a lot of justification.

Like for instance the reports that a taser was deployed.... twice... before they went hands on. If that is in fact true then the officers actually de-escalated by going hands on.

Your post came across as defending the suspect, which is fine. Thats why I stated it did not come across, at least to me, in that manner.

Just like the shooting in Milwaukee. Whats not making the news is the fact the officer advised dispatch the passenger matched a description of an armed robbery suspect they were looking for.
edit on 12-7-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I think, without knowing all of what occurred prior to what we see in the video, is paramount in understanding the level of force used. I get the impression we are seeing the conclusion and the video leaves out a lot of justification.

Like for instance the reports that a taser was deployed.... twice... before they went hands on. If that is in fact true then the officers actually de-escalated by going hands on.

Your post came across as defending the suspect, which is fine. Thats why I stated it did not come across, at least to me, in that manner.

Just like the shooting in Milwaukee. Whats not making the news is the fact the officer advised dispatch the passenger matched a description of an armed robbery suspect they were looking for.

And the fact that while all Mike Brown stole was some cigarillos, he stole them by intimidating a shop clerk with his bare hands and DESPITE being called to the area because of a Robbery the Cop was only asking Brown and his friend to walk on the Side Walk instead of the Street when Brown started acting like a fool.

Nothing in my statement was defending Alton Sterling.

There are actual victims killed by Cops who simply make mis-judgements, and also some that target because they are racists or desire control. This is true. I condemn those Cops (and Soldiers, we have the same issues within our ranks).

But MOST cops are not like that, and to many people jump to defend the Criminal.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I would wager he probably argued very loudly and triggered the "lady doth protest too much, methinks" mindset of the officers. He was tased because he refused to comply with officers requests. When he was unfazed by the taser they went in for a physical take down. That's when he decided to show his hand that he was carrying and reached for his weapon. You can clearly see his hand/arm reaching for it in the video. The officer tried to control his arm but couldn't and pulled his weapon. It's sad how this turned out, but ultimately it looks like Alton chose to die rather than spend a few years in prison. He should have thought about his son before he even bought that gun.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

I would wager he probably argued very loudly and triggered the "lady doth protest too much, methinks" mindset of the officers. He was tased because he refused to comply with officers requests. When he was unfazed by the taser they went in for a physical take down. That's when he decided to show his hand that he was carrying and reached for his weapon. You can clearly see his hand/arm reaching for it in the video. The officer tried to control his arm but couldn't and pulled his weapon. It's sad how this turned out, but ultimately it looks like Alton chose to die rather than spend a few years in prison. He should have thought about his son before he even bought that gun.

A few 'more' years in Prison, actually.

I'm sorry Alton was in an economic situation where he was having to hustle to support a family, despite his checkered past. I'm also sorry that Alton was being harassed. I'm also sorry that Alton was a Convicted Felon thus not legally allowed to carry a Gun.

It's at that point I run out of sorry. Alton made bad decisions that lead to a terrible outcome. He left his Wife and Child in a terrible position.

Yet few want to discuss Alton, his bad decisions, and his Wife and Child that now have an even tougher situation than before. Few want to hold Alton Sterling responsible for his personal decisions.

It's sad, the Nation we've become. A Nation of blame. "The buck stops here" no more.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join