It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another police involved shooting - Baton Rouge Police Shoot Alton Sterling

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
I wish I could say that video is unbelievable, but it sadly is not.

Remember when the states started instituting the death penalty and suddenly the murder rate decreased? Yeah, so we need to start prosecuting these murderous cops and give them mandatory death...wonder if these incidents would decrease if the officer had to consider
such extreme consequences?

I don't remember that at all. Do you have some statistical evidence to back up the correlation between legal death penalties and decreasing murder rates?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I think the main problem here lies

Don't be a criminal, and if you are, give up when caught.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
As he was already subdued and should have at that point been cuffed and arrested,it was turned into a summary execution.For selling CD's??
edit on CDTWedam31161 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
As he was already subdued and should have at that point been cuffed and arrested,it was turned into a summary execution.For selling CD's??

They CLAIM someone called 911 bc he "threatened them with a gun."

That man was straight up executed.

One of the WORST THINGS I have ever seen in my life.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

He wasn't subdued, he was still struggling with the officers and also was a felon with a gun.

Of course it's hard to be certain of from a seconds long shaky cell phone video, unless you already had your mind made up.

Over 60 black people were shot over the weekend in Chicago, where's all the angst and rage about that?

link   

He wasn't subdued, he was still struggling with the officers and also was a felon with a gun.

Of course it's hard to be certain of from a seconds long shaky cell phone video, unless you already had your mind made up.

Over 60 black people were shot over the weekend in Chicago, where's all the angst and rage about that?

link   

link   

link   

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I am AMAZED that the FBI and other investigators have shown up here, on ATS!

You'd think they'd be busy, but nahhh.

They have determined that he was a "felon with a gun" and "resisting" for the video...So I guess they are done with their business.

Amazing, I tell ya!

/sarcasm

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

iTruthSeeker

It doesn't matter if you are a criminal or not. This is an insane way to justify murder by cops. Remember when this country used to be about "innocent until proven guilty?" Not so anymore. People like you are allowing police in this country to become judge, jury and executioner, until one day this nonsense may strike in your backyard. Then you won't have that nonsensical attitude.
edit on 6-7-2016 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

TBF, the officers had no way of knowing he was a felon at that point, right? Just a suspect with an alleged gun. Anyways, this is what the investigation is for. I sincerely hope the citizens in B.R. can keep it together. It's a great town. It does have it's troubles and drawback, like any place, but also good people.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

iTruthSeeker

It doesn't matter if you are a criminal or not. This is an insane way to justify murder by cops. Remember when this country used to be about "innocent until proven guilty?" Not so anymore. People like you are allowing police in this country to become judge, jury and executioner, until one day this nonsense may strike in your backyard. Then you won't have that nonsensical attitude.

My interaction with police have all been wonderful. I don't fight them or attack them. So I have no worries of being hurt.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I had some professional experience with the BRPD that was mixed but of course there are good and bad apples in every barrel. Personally speaking, I had only one experience with them and it was kind of a joke. I was staying at a house that was supposed to have 24 hour police surveillance (long story) and my car got broken into. The perp had time to smoke three or four ciggys before he got into it and stole all of my stuff (I was in the process of moving from another town back home). So, it was either the officer on duty or that officer didn't do his job. When I called to file a report, it took them 45 minutes to show up...but they were already supposed to be on site? lol!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
'The officers were wearing body cameras, but they fell off during the altercation"

uh huh. Sure.
Why do all these body camera fail at just the right time?

In an actual struggle, depending on how the body-cam is attached, it's actually quite easy to snatch one off.

Most are either clipped to the edge of a uniform or a sewn-on tab on a uniform or vest. In a struggle, if the camera isn't snatched off the uniform, the tab is snatched off. Most cams use a smooth metal clip, no barbs or anything attached that would ruin a uniform.

I guarantee that 10 out of 10 times, I could knock a cam off of anybody's uniform in a fight.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen

originally posted by: DAVID64
'The officers were wearing body cameras, but they fell off during the altercation"

uh huh. Sure.
Why do all these body camera fail at just the right time?

In an actual struggle, depending on how the body-cam is attached, it's actually quite easy to snatch one off.

Most are either clipped to the edge of a uniform or a sewn-on tab on a uniform or vest. In a struggle, if the camera isn't snatched off the uniform, the tab is snatched off. Most cams use a smooth metal clip, no barbs or anything attached that would ruin a uniform.

I guarantee that 10 out of 10 times, I could knock a cam off of anybody's uniform in a fight.

If the bodycams got knocked off then they will.have bodycam footage of the struggle and the cameras getting knocked off. Unless when they got knocked off they landed on the delete button...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Here we go again. It seems we repeat the same things over and over and over. Just different people fulfilling the same scene, over and over and over.

Will we ever learn what we have to learn to end this suffering?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

No, it was because he had a firearm--that was the reason for the 911 call.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

No, it was because he had a firearm--that was the reason for the 911 call.

Evidently he did.Did make any attempt to aim it at police?As I read it was found in his pocket.So how do they justify lethal force?Not trying to be pro-criminal/anti-cop.
This just isn't the justice system I had grown up with.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hydra data shared...
edit on 7/6/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join