It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longing Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The eyes as gateways to the soul,
Words as signs to the bone,
Of all things in Heaven bright,
Love alone can not glow.

Where love dwells,
Despair follows,
Where love thrives,
Time will swallow.

Love was felt,
Twelve ticks of the clock past,
But now past love is gone,
Tears streak the face,
Beneath the skin,
Where no eye may gaze.

Pursuit of love,
Long not done,
Memory plays of an embrace,
Her sight,
Her cloth,
Her song,
All cause for longing,
All cause for loving.

To this night,
Beneath the Moon,
Soon,
Declared.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

I love this! For me love is a moment in life when you're truly living it at your best. Whether they are life long moments or fleeting..we always try to present the very best of ourselves to another..that's what makes it beautiful.

Hope you always find you're living life at its best!

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57
Glad you enjoyed! It's rather difficult to say what love is. For me it is something strong felt for someone else, but to define it in anymore specific a manner is I believe impossible. But I agree with what you said. I'll have to present the best of myself soon enough(whatever that may mean).

And no! I thank you and not the other way around!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

That just means we try to be the best we can be for another person. They in turn do the same...thus two people become the best at being who they are for one another....because of one another...

Hard to define..to be sure...

Blend57

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I loved this poem, has to be one of my favourites In a while now!

I think love is impossible to define, sometimes with the right person the word doesn't even feel like enough. I also think our pursuit of it is what leads to so many failures. I don't believe in fleeting love, that's not love at all!

Great poem!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ksiezyc that was beautiful!! Thank you for sharing!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57
Hard to define or perhaps I need my coffee. I agree though with what you say. Be the best for the ones dear to us. All that matters in this world.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant
Really a favorite, haha then get out there and read some proper poetry!! I'm happy you enjoyed.

I try to figure it out at times, but I really can't say. And one could argue that we love people for different reasons, but I don't think that is very true. Eternal love is the only worthwhile pursuit. Sometimes I wonder why we(people in general) do not simply love. Why do we struggle for fame or fortune so much? Why is there so much evil when there could be love. Sounds like hippie talk, but I am by no means a hippie, just seems odd.

Thanks again!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
Thank you
I'm happy you enjoyed!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Well I never included my partner in that, who writes the best poetry! lol but I did very much enjoy the tone of it!

Agree completely that eternal love is the only worthwhile pursuit, it makes no sense otherwise, yet it's common! I think the same, and if you're a hippie then I am too! there's a fear attached to love, and society doesn't exactly promote goodness, so I believe it's a cocktail of things really, though as you say, it doesn't make much sense when you sit and think about it!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant
Society promotes selfishness and sin. I'm no Christian either, but I can recognize a sinful nature in the things that are being promoted to the youth. I'm trying to figure out right now, how do you know the feelings you hold for someone(with whom you do not have a relationship) are real.

new topics

top topics

join