It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Corporation: Making Evil Look Good?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Seems legit...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
A good majority of the traditional fairy tales had much, much darker origins. Disney always makes them far more family friendly.

Ariel turned to sea foam she didn't marry the prince. Sleeping Beauty was raped and impregnated. She only awoke when one of the ducked on her finger. Snow White, yay she made the evil queen dance in burning hot metal shoes until she died at her wedding. Cinderella, her step sister cut their toes off to fit the slipper. The prince noticed the blood filling the shoes and then married Cinderella. Top it off with her step sister eyes bein pecked out by birds. In the Vietnamese version, I believe, Cinderella has her dead step sister stuffed in a barrel and she ends up being fed to the evil step mother.

The evil in the stories is not new by far. In fact Disney has gone a long way to make these stories family friendly. Even the Grimm Brothers nice up a few of the stories. Most have been around since the 1600s some of them have much earlier origins.

People complained about "A Good Dinosaur" too because there was violent killing of other dinosaurs, fermented fruit eaten, and parental death. How dare Disney accurately display what life would have been like for a leaf eater. Not like The Land Before Time didn't cover that years ago.

It'd the responsibility of the parents to monitor what their kids see and explain/teach their children properly. It's not Disney, CN, Nick, CW, or any other companies responsibility. Movies and TV shows are rated and have a synopsis. It should be used by the parents.

But that is all just the opinion of this humble Christian. What do I know....

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Don't get me started on the Lion King, geeze!

Pumba and Timon had to be gay.

They always liked the little cream-filled ones...

My daughter is 26 now and I've seen, Aladdin, Mermaid, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, maybe 1278 times.

My wife worked for Disneyland Park and Disney office for the last 15yrs. I've been to 3 Disney Parks, she's been to all except Shanghai, which just opened.

I really like the Lion King live show, I've seen it 5-6 times. Excellent performers and production.

The Mickey brand is pretty militant and the rules for employees are very strict but it's a great place to work.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I think you should only get so many years protection for your characters, stories or whatever. Milk it for all you can, then throw it to the public to play with. Shakespeare isn't owned by anyone and copyrighted. Imagine if it was.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

If you think Disney is creepy and evil, then you haven't sat down and read all of the classic Grimm's Fairy Tales that generations of kids have grown up with since the early 1800's.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That's reasonable enough, alright.

I heard the Queen still insists that the copyright on the King James Version is still in force.

LOLOLOLOL.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Sorry man, I didn't mean to imply anything about you or your character....this entire topic has been a sore thorn in my side for years, guess I got over-zealous. Nothing personal and no offense intended, sorry if it came out that way. After all these years, I'm still very socially awkward on the internet.

My humblest and sincerest apologies.
I value your contributions here on board immensely.

it's a challenging subject for sure, so much interwoven int the entire "matrix" of the analysis. It just pains me when people try to assert the Sinister into every faction of our lives, including cartoons especially when it's a pale argument compared to the more severe atrocities out there.

The world needs more lighthearted children's stories, and the whole "Disney is Evil" isn't one of them.

Just hurts me on a personal level somewhat.
Sorry I got carried away back there.

Peace.

edit on 7/6/16 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting for clarity

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I didn't enjoy those.

The old Cinerama movie was tolerable . . . but I didn't enjoy the more classic versions of the stories, at all.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

No sweat.

I'm a natural lightening rod for hate anyway. Goes with the territory of being BoX, evidently.

Thanks for your kind reply. You are a rare one on that score. It shows a huge amount of integrity. Impressive.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

That's reasonable enough, alright.

I heard the Queen still insists that the copyright on the King James Version is still in force.

LOLOLOLOL.

I think that anything created by someone should be covered by protection for the life of the creator. If you can't figure out how to invest the money you made from your movie, songs, or artwork for your kids -- that's on you. After you're dead, let your masterpieces belong to humanity at large.

I don't think 50 or 60 years is enough...it's to inflexible. I say "for the natural lifetime of the creator" should be what intellectual property protection covers.

That seems really reasonable to me. It allows someone to profit for life from their works, and allows the public domain to be able to make use of the property in a reasonable amount of time.

And it's not like there won't be an advantage to being related to the original content creator. The son of a songwriter might have access to unreleased versions of a song or something...and always has the advantage in marketing to say, "From son of the original songwriter..." People like legit stuff, so the progeny of the creator have a leg up on any competition by default.
edit on 6-7-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Sorry to hear you bear the brunt of the burden of Hate.
I am by nature not a vengeful person, but I am passionate, being human and all.

I suppose if one looks at the history of Fairy Tales, the original works by the Brothers Grim and so forth, one will see that even back in their infancy, these children's tales have been quite severe, even bloody to warn children about dangerous characters out there and how they prey on the innocent.

Disney, for me anyway, has always struck me as making sure there is a happy ending. Interesting and lighthearted Family Films that convey laughter and drama without the gore of say, the old fairy tales such as The Red Shoes (a girl covets a pair of red shoes and when she puts them on they dance her to death) or even the cautionary marital tale of Bluebeard (a husband who forbids his new bride to open one small door in their home, when she does, at the advice of her sisters, she finds the bloodied remains of his previous wives.)

A lot of these Old Tales are seeing a resurgence in Popular Fictions these days, and maybe it's to prepare children for the trials and hardships of the World, a cautionary tale that parents should rightfully read alongside their kids.

Most folks in our town do just this....the adults are always on top of which Teen Bestsellers their children are reading, they read the works themselves in order to know what their kids are "up to" and establish meaningful insightful discussion with them.

I know my parents did and I was a handful growing up, but instead of throwing an overtly Dogmatic Ban on me, they asked why I was reading what I was (or what music I was listening to) asked relevant and deep questions about my moralistic stance on such matters and....well, you know....they PARENTED. They made sure I knew right from wrong and cautioned me against putting "too much darkness into my head".

Wise words : "Careful what you put into your head, because you'll never get it out."

A lot of folks out there think their kids can run themselves without intervention, and ever since the 70's and the Rise of the Anti-hero, it's been a steady decline into focusing the of the Role Model into these deranged and Psychopathic characters....the kids hang on to these "rebellious don't care" fascinations and....well....there are more than enough kids out there "gone wild" than we could cover in a single post.

We're in this together, and I am not in the business of making enemies.

Peace be with you, and thank you for the kind words.
I am working on how to communicate more effectively online given the various lack of normal social cues.
Appreciate your understanding on this matter.

edit on 7/6/16 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting again...sorry

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well Disney owns ABC Television, and we all know ABC is part of the propaganda machine.

----

Disney may have started out wholesome enough but I don't know about now.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

You make many excellent, worthy points and make them well.

Thanks.

I particularly liked your comments about your own parents and the parents in your town. Excellent.

There was a book some time ago . . . something like titled: "THE BEAUTIFUL FACE OF EVIL" or some such.

Folks in our culture have been taught to wink at snuff movies; torture; blood, gore, mayhem, genocide even.

Kids by the thousands play with evil as though it were a nice safe ball or puppy.

It's NOT.

Whitewashing evil is never a good idea.

Winking at evil is never a good idea.

If parents are struggling to manage their teens, then they were hugely INADEQUATE PARENTS AT BEST the first 6 years of the kid's life. IF THEY DID NOT PREVENT RAD, THEN, the teen years will be at best catch-up and mostly a disaster.

Anyway, I like the dialogue you described between you and your parents.

Thanks for your kind responses. Happy to know you better.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

BTW, Most of those who have lived with me have insightfully insisted that most of the hate I seem to attract like a magnet is because folks HATE having a multi-dimensional mirror reveal things to them that they don't want to deal with.

And, there's a measure, too, I think of some bit of my personality, character or values reminding folks of parents or some such that they hate for one reason or another.

Regardless, it has been that way about as long as I can remember. It is less face to face, thankfully. Face to face, folks can see my tender caring heart a lot easier and more intensely.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

YEAH. I AGREE with that perspective.

Seems reasonable and fitting to me.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I always thought that their was something not right with them.

I don't mind the films guess some of them bring me back to my childhood.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
There does seem to be a whole lot of imagery in Disney productions that are surprising to say the least. I don't know if there is something coordinated and evil to it, but I will say that IF there were a force in the world hell bent on bringing satan into our daily lives, it is fairly logical that it would start with kids.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Disney does produce evil and strange cartoons, however they do have kind and positive ones. From time to time they offer this world a cartoon full of love. But still the parents should be carefull with any cartoons, the TVset is not the best nanny for your kids.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Funny. I equate it to this election cycle. Where both parties are making evil look good with Trump and Clinton. LOL

We're not buying it.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

You went to Disneyland at 23 or 24 yrs old and you were underwhelmed?

Shocking

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join