It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Is Comey being clever? Have you noticed how quiet it is about the Clinton Foundation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:06 PM
a reply to: Gumerk

If Comey has made a deal with superiors about not pressing charges on Hillary even when the evidence is clear to those inside FBI agents, then we can expect a large amount of disgruntled agents to turn in their badges due the boss's actions.

That may take a couple of weeks before it starts to play out.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:12 PM

After today, I believe the Federal Bureau of Injustice is going to further disappoint you.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:24 PM
a reply to: Shamrock6

We're talking about penalties...which could include removal from national security clearance.

Left unanswered is what civil or administrative penalties would be normally applied to someone who treated classified information the same way that Hillary has.

Would such as person even be considered for a national-security clearance if she wasn’t elected President in November?

I doubt it. Rudy Giuliani told Fox News that he’s seen thousands of background checks and that Hillary would never be given national-security clearance with her record.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:29 PM
a reply to: IAMTAT

Fbi is is like any other tla.
On the payroll, in for some immunity.

Ever met someone with real money? They don't much care for law. It isn't their problem.

Go up the chain and it's never about money. Power. Absolute power. These people aren't being transparent for you and I, they're doing what they're told to save their place- or their lives, or the lives of their loved ones.

It's broken, and these puppets are simply caught in their webs of lies. Trying to get out. Expect a bunch to retire in the coming year if things manage to keep running through this mess.
edit on 5-7-2016 by lordcomac because: Typo

edit on 5-7-2016 by lordcomac because: More auto correct nonsense

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:51 AM
a reply to: IAMTAT

And I'm saying that as a president none of that matters. If she was some regular citizen, it would matter. Candidate for president? Nope. President elect? Nope. President? Nope.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:09 AM
One could only hope that is the master plan. It's something that has been discussed here more in depth over the past few days. However, I'm losing hope that will happen.

Immediately after Comey's press conference, people were already out to get him. I thought to myself. big deal. This is what we expected. Things are playing out like they should (letting her skate on the emails to go after the foundation).

The more I think about it...I just don't have faith it will actually happen. Yes, he pointed out all of her misdoings, but why? Was it for the sake of transparency or was it just more in our faces "yes, it was wrong, but we are above you and the rules don't apply to us"?

I am trying to do my part. I posted a somewhat long-winded posy on facebook urging people to research The Clinton Foundation and share their results with their friends. Out of 600 friends it got 14 likes and 1 share. We are doomed I am afraid.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:18 AM

Yes, I think Comey is being a genius.

Sorry for the cross post, but I just realized this fits this thread better than the other one:

originally posted by: BlueAjah
After much pondering, I think I have a theory regarding the puzzling press conference, and Comey's apparent contradictory statements and conclusion.

If he was going to indict, he likely would not have been able to say much more. A prosecutor would call the case tainted if the FBI publicly said what he said. We should have known as soon as he started hitting her so hard that he was not going to indict.

If anything, we would have known the FBI recommended charges, it would have quietly gone to the prosecutors. In this administration, it might have died there. The most that would have happened is perhaps a misdemeanor charge, she pleads guilty, Obama pardons her, and it all goes away. Then they could claim it was all done fairly. And in this case, she could never be charged again.

Comey is a genius. He knew the outcome. She was never going to face justice. So he took his one opportunity to make public as much as he could. He exposed her lies. He exposed her incompetence. He made a point of that no one in government knew what he was going to say, and I assume he is now experiencing harsh admonishment from the administration.

He could never have made this information public in any other way.

Now, her opponents have ammunition. The only way to stop her is if Americans take to heart what he tried to tell us.

And if Trump is elected, they could suddenly find more evidence, which they already have, and justify indicting her. With a new Attorney General, she would face a fair trial. It is the only hope for bringing her to justice.

(I touched on this in an earlier post, but now fleshed my ideas out a bit.)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:49 AM
I think you nailed it Blue.

I kept remembering what that FBI "insider" from another thread had said. (I would link it, but sorry, am not able to)

After Comey's non-indictment I decided to re-read all of that "insider's" threads. I saw the bigger picture much more clearly. That Comey was up against a rock and a hard place is obvious. I agree what he ended up doing was genius.

As that "insider" had suggested, there was only really two ways to go, A or B - (the C choice was a nothing.) Either way, it would not be a pleasant outcome. Comey's career would be over, (snuffed out either by his higher up bosses or by public opinion and outrage by the American people), but that would be the least of it.

In refresher for those who have read that thread of the "insider": The "insider" said this (regarding the outcome): If we recommend (indictment) "...this case would explode into a million other cases if fully brought to light..." and "...we would literally hand over documentation implying the entire government is involved in treason at the highest levels well as some sensitive details of SAP's (tope secret programs) which would obliterate national security. "

and further "...if it were an indictment - the government would be exposed at every layer: who pays who, who buys what, - and no one has yet asked about the human trafficking bits..."

IMO Comey was doomed to throw himself on the sword either way. He did the more noble thing in order to offer a greater chance of "saving" the American people and our Republic. With his statement he tried to offer as much information of the shoddy on-goings (couldn't have done that if he'd recommended indictment) in order to try and send the bigger message. He is, with this controversial non-indictment handing the American people needed ammunition to stop the madness - he did a brave thing in exposing Hillary and the state department and laying it out for all the world to see.

a reply to: BlueAjah

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:56 AM
a reply to: annabanana

Exactly what I was thinking!

Comey was definitely in a hard position. If he tried to keep things under wraps (as would be proper for an ongoing court case) and push for an indictment, it would have been dragged out long past the election, and likely would have ended up with her getting off with no damage anyway. Too many others would have been implicated, and she is too powerful.

He hit Clinton and the State Department hard in that press conference. He carefully worded everything to expose her lies. He blatantly showed that they found her to be incompetent. I think he did what he could to let the public take it from here.

The only hope was to expose what he could so that hopefully people see what is going on, and don't let her get into the presidency.

I think he has more saved up for the future, but this is likely the best he could for now with the options available to him.

edit on 7/6/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:57 PM
I wonder if Hillary has dirt on Obama

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:34 AM
I would guess she certainly does.

I believe it has been pointed out before - there are also links between BHO and some of the same "groups and individuals" who have ties to the Clinton Foundation.

I think digging into the CF will answer a lot of questions.

the same a reply to: FlyingFox

top topics

<< 1   >>