It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Comey being clever? Have you noticed how quiet it is about the Clinton Foundation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Director Comey firmly criticized both Clinton and the State Department over their sloppy handling of emails. But, by dropping the case on the emails he has set the stage for the more important case against the Clinton Foundation which is a much larger (and easier to prove) case. By giving her a pass on the emails he has accomplished two very important necessities:

1) he has avoided the appearance of the FBI looking solely “anti-Clinton”, and 2) he has avoided the possibility of totally destroying the U.S. Government, which is so riddled with corruption that to expose her would open a can of worms that could potentially affect the governments ability to operate.

Simply put, it is far smarter to take down the Foundation than it is to take down the government. If the FBI sinks the Foundation HRC will go with it. And the real upside is that the President, who can pardon individuals, would be hard pressed to pardon an entire criminal organization.

Perhaps Comey knows there's more coming down the pipe?

What do you think? I'm a Bernie Sanders supporter but loath HRC and the corruption she stands for. She is a disease to our political process.

edit on 5-7-2016 by Gumerk because: clarification

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I think you may be on to something here. Could also explain why he took no questions today.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hmmmm.

If she can't keep a secret why do you want her with the codes?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
We are being fed a storyline of their choosing. It apparently went too far.

It's time to control the situation.
and here we go. Weeee!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gumerk

Simply put, it is far smarter to take down the Foundation than it is to take down the government. If the FBI sinks the Foundation HRC will go with it. And the real upside is that the President, who can pardon individuals, would be hard pressed to pardon an entire criminal organization.

Perhaps he was bought off long before this story ever broke. He does serve after all at the leisure of the President.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I hope so... I got the distinct impression that this conference was off, the flow the timing the location, the lack of questions... all felt off to me... or it could be the whiskey... time will tell... Sh!t will smell.. and water will seek its own level.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

By law she committed a felony; yet no problem for she is the chosen one. If any of us would have done half the crap she and her husband has done dating all the way back to Mena, Arkansas we would be spending time at club fed certainly not at a government job. Just one more nail into the coffin of the republic for which people once believed in.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Maybe...soo hard to prove though. Most of what she does is behind closed doors so no records, no emails, phone conversations. These are deals that are made with no need for record keeping. SD grants the favor and the funds go into the account. Not sure how it can be proved on any level. So a country wants something, back channels they will pay X. No contracts just a leap of faith sort of thing with a consistent record of making the leap of faith a leap that happens with no need for faith. She keeps her promises to them. That is the trick of the whole operation.

I'm a Trump supporter and I get he is not ideal but he's not a criminal at this stage. Never want a criminal in any position of authority. Whatever they abused they will abuse it even more if given more power to do so. I don't think people really understand this notion. I get people hate Trump but putting criminals in charge is far more a worse case scenario. I also think economic class plays a factor. I'm upper middle and Trump will aim to reduce those taxes. Hillary and Bernie no. They will hit me even harder. Not fun when you earn a nice bonus through hard work and 35% of it is skimmed to be wasted on a government that is deep in the red.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Comey still hasn't recommended whether or not she should still have a security clearance. That recommendation and others are still coming.
Her saying "I won't do it again" shouldn't cut it.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Director Comey firmly criticized both Clinton and the State Department over their sloppy handling of emails. But, by dropping the case on the emails he has set the stage for the more important case against the Clinton Foundation which is a much larger (and easier to prove) case. By giving her a pass on the emails he has accomplished two very important necessities:

1) he has avoided the appearance of the FBI looking solely “anti-Clinton”, and 2) he has avoided the possibility of totally destroying the U.S. Government, which is so riddled with corruption that to expose her would open a can of worms that could potentially affect the governments ability to operate.

What do you think? I'm a Bernie Sanders supporter but loath HRC and the corruption she stands for. She is a disease to our political process.

Text

If that's the case then tear the whole system down.Our government is corrupt.Open it up for all the world to see.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I wish you were correct... but unfortunately I think you are grasping at straws.

Do I think the slush fund that is the Foundation should essentially prevent her from running for office by default? Do I think that, while serving as Secretary of State, sending Bill out to some of the worst human rights nations in the (somewhat developed) world to collect large speaking fees while remaining silent about the doings of these nations is a conflict of interest? YES!!!

Sadly, nothing will come of these Foundation shenanigans. The way I see it, "We the People" are missing something that those who came before us had. A truly free and autonomous press. Although us commoners have the right to vote, we do not have the ability to directly confront politicians. As individuals, we lack the time, resources and connections to ask the hard questions. As I understand it, originally it was The Press that acted as the truth seekers. I could be wrong but I believe that there was a time when reporters/journalists would start with a question and follow it to whatever end. Now? Not so much. The alphabet channels pick political sides and shelter those in their favor and endlessly attack those on the opposite side.

The REMARKABLE conflicts of interests (and possibly treasonous) incidents will NEVER be on the front pages. They will NEVER be the lead story.

As I say far too often.... I hope I'm wrong (but I doubt it).

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Can you elaborate?

The foundation is by nature tied more deeply into the rest of the US government than just her. The corruption goes all the way to the top- she can't be in on ALL of it.

Taking down the foundation would bring in ties to scandals involving presidents decades ago right up to today, and top brass from every TLA you've heard of.

Taking HER down would be a lesser blow to the corrupt state of the government than taking down the whole foundation... and dollars to donuts, they'll all be cleared once again. Especially if she gets in the hot chair and pardons them all, forever wiping any and all records of their wrong doings.
Her *s*election would seal the envelope on the clinton dynasty, burying their skeletons forever and opening them up to new levels of twisted corruption.

But, you know- no biggie. We'll just bicker about her emails

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

That is a good point. As Comey stated, they don't know what entity or country breached her emails. It could be of no concern or it could be a a strong blow to not only her but our whole system. Anybody with that much ability to do damage would be looking to blackmail. Releasing it would be stupid when they could gain a massive amount of political will power to shape things how they want like the Russians. Either accept their offer or tread some very choppy water so to speak.

IMO I do not think Hillary is that stupid. She was breaking the law but she knew nothing would be done unless she left a defined map on how it was done. The foundation deals were done with no records. Those countries took a leap of faith. Anyone wanting to convict her on it would have to do the same. No records of those agreements.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Puhlease. Comey handed her the Presidency today. There is no taking down the Clinton Foundation...when Hillary is the President.

The only wild cards here are the Russians, the hacker or Wikileaks.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Could it be that he doesn't care about and he didn;t find anything there?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, because that would interrupt people having their whining moment today.
edit on 5-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

She wouldn't be standing on a stage today with the President having a "Fired up, ready to go!" pep rally if there was anything else coming that could damage her.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare

Puhlease. Comey handed her the Presidency today. There is no taking down the Clinton Foundation...when Hillary is the President.

The only wild cards here are the Russians, the hacker or Wikileaks.

prove it?
edit on 5-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

whaaa? What's there to prove? Are you asking me to prove that there is something else coming when I have just given my opinion that there is not? Are you asking me to prove that when Hillary is hypothetically the President she will hypothetically block any inquiries into the CF?

Exactly what are you babbling about?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Regarless, Comey's shots were not glancing. They will have an effect. Obama said she was careless. Comey raised it up a couple of bars. Then there is the IG report. It will have an effect on the independents and the swing states. That is a plus to Trump. He's in better shape than Romney at this point and no reason why he can't gain more ground with the 30 plus civil suits against her that are playing out as we speak. She is treading water. Air Force One does not tread water. It sinks. My point is riding on the bird does not make you any stronger. Obama did it as a show of force for a wounded duck. She was wounded today and it won't ever go away. She lost some voters today and swing states. It was a major hit to her and her staff. They are corrupt and will continue to be corrupt until someone puts a lid on it.
edit on 5-7-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Comey still hasn't recommended whether or not she should still have a security clearance. That recommendation and others are still coming.
Her saying "I won't do it again" shouldn't cut it.

Comey doesn't have dick all to say about her getting a security clearance if she's elected because the president is exempt from it, along with every member of congress.

Might be why he didn't bother to say anything, ya think?

ETA - this will probably make you wet your pants: not only can the president, in theory, view any document at any time, the president is the ultimate authority on who can and can't see any damn thing the president wants them to see.
edit on 5-7-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join