It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Serious Question About Space

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I never heard any of the Astronauts say anything about day side or night side of the moon. They never made any comments about the stars other than they looked out an only saw deep blackness and the Earth.

First, If they were on the surface they were on the dayside of the Moon. Second if they were in lunar orbit and could see Earth, they were on the dayside of the Moon.

Here is what Armstrong actually said in the press conference after the mission.

We were never able to see stars from the lunar surface or on the daylight side of the Moon by eye without looking through the optics. I don't recall during the period of time that we were photographing the solar corona what stars we could see.
history.nasa.gov...

Here is what Edgar Mitchell said about seeing stars in space between the Earth and Moon.

This is why I asked the question.

This may be why many feel that they never really went to the moon.
No. It's more a matter of people thinking that they never went to the Moon then looking for ridiculous bits of "evidence" for support.

edit on 7/7/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I have requested pictures from NASA from the spacecraft as they flew around the far side of the moon and so far have not heard from them. I still have the pictures from 1969 and none of them show stars in the sky.

If you go here: Apollo Lunar Surface Journal

and click on Image Libs on the left, there are lots of images to look at, from all the Apollo missions. Lots of back towards Earth shots too. Not sure if you know the website, but I hope you enjoy it if you haven't seen it before.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Looks interesting.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
A rule of thumb for you - if you see the Earth, Moon or Sun in the photo, you're not going to see stars.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join