It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Pentagon reveals rejected chemical weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
A Pentagon spokesperson came out this past week; he told the press that a US Air Force lab in Dayton, Ohio had received funds from the Pentagon to research different types of alternative chemical weapons. The lab was given a period of six years, which started in 1994, to come up with the material which is disclosed in their "Harassing, Annoying, and 'Bad Guy' Identifying Chemicals" document, which was obtained by the Sunshine Project. One of the chemical weapons suggested by the lab would aim to cause mass aphrodisia amongst the male "Bad Guy" cohorts, resulting in homoerotica, while other chemicals aimed to cause some serious bad breath.

www.newscientist.com
"...Most bizarre among the plans was one for the development of an "aphrodisiac" chemical weapon that would make enemy soldiers sexually irresistible to each other. Provoking widespread homosexual behaviour among troops would cause a "distasteful but completely non-lethal" blow to morale, the proposal says."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can only think of one name for the aphrodisiac chemical: Purple Haze (PplHz). And we all know that the minty freshness of a TicTac will cure any kind of bad breath; alas, nobody can be in any covert operation with that noisy box of TicTacs tac-ing around in the cargo pocket of their camo's. So it looks like these guys from Dayton really thought this one out good. Or they just know how to deal with a bunch of "sidelers".

Related News Links:
www.sunshine-project.org

[edit on 18-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Most bizarre among the plans was one for the development of an "aphrodisiac" chemical weapon that would make enemy soldiers sexually irresistible to each other. Provoking widespread homosexual behaviour among troops would cause a "distasteful but completely non-lethal" blow to morale, the proposal says.

We're doing this to ourselves with "don't ask; don't tell" and mixed gender units.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Oh man - what will they think of next?
Makes the soldiers irresistable to one another? Yeah I guess that would be pretty bad for morale.
Imagine a couple decades from now:
"Grandpop, what did you do during the war?"
"Well little Billy, I was lying on the battlefield with my battalion."
"Where you under fire Grandpa?"
"No, little Billy, we were not...."
"Were you just laying there Grandpa"
"No not exactly, little Billy.........."

join