It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian “Swamp Gas Journal” (1978-2003) by Chris Rutkowski - PDFs online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Canadian UFO researcher Chris Rutkowski is a rare treat within ufology – a veteran ufologist doing serious research but with a sense of humour. It was a pleasure working with Chris as part of the Roswell Slides Research Group last year.

In addition to the material on his “Ufology Research” blog, he periodically appears in the media – particularly in relation to his annual Canadian UFO Survey, such as in this news item this week:

Chris can also be seen in various videos on Youtube, including this one:

During the period from 1978 to 2003, Chris Rutkowski published a UFO newsletter in Canada entitled “The Swamp Gas Journal”. While a few issues of that publication have been available online, most have been difficult to obtain.

That publication included a lot of insightful comments about who was doing what within Canadian ufology and about some classic Canadian cases, over a fairly long period.

Since I like the cut of his jib, I thought it desirable to get a fuller collection of Chris’ newsletter online. When I asked him recently, he promptly gave his permission for searchable PDF versions of “The Swamp Gas Journal” to be made available online.

The under-appreciated “Archives For the Unexplained” ("AFU") in Sweden has scanned nearly all the issues of that newsletter and made them freely available online. Chris kindly photographed the first two issues of his newsletter, which hopefully makes the collection complete – or at least nearly complete.

The collection of “The Swamp Gas Journal” issues can be downloaded from THIS TEMPORARY LINK for the next week. After that date, or if you only want a specific issue, you can find them on the AFU’s download section at THIS LINK.

Canadians may also be interested my recent thread Now online : Full collection of “Journal UFO” – Canada 1979-1980 (a “great resource”) and my 2011 thread Canadian disclosure: “UFO Found” and other documents/photos and my 2012 thread Canadian PDFs – “At no time should it be made available to the public” + more official memos.

edit on 5-7-2016 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yet another wonderful gift to ufology Isaac.

I am also glad it has a permanent home online for those who only need to grab a specific copy.

MM

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Thanks, Issac, and also thanks to Chris Rutkowski for allowing this work to be shared.
Way too much of UFO literature is rare and inaccessible. The work of the AFU and folks like you to help preserve and share this material is outstanding.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

You came today as a gentle breeze on hot summer day and gave me some wonderful stuff to read.

new topics

top topics

join