It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director will be holding a Press Conference at 11AM EST today

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: Gryphon66

You kind of missed the fact that 110 of those emails were classified when sent / received on the unclassified server itself, including 8 email chains of top secret info regarding special access programs.

Comey also made statements that contradict your claim that the SD has an 'over-classification problem' and actually mentioned that the SD under Clinton had major issues with security of sensitive and classified information based on the evidence they found.

I haven't missed that statement from Director Comey; I've quoted it.

Go back and look at the process he described in their investigation. They scanned the emails, then they sent those out to various government departments and agencies ASKING if they should be or were classified. Comey states specifically that this is the process of "up-classification."

Once again, the up-classification only relates to some of the emails:

From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent; 36 chains contained Secret information at the time; and eight contained Confidential information, which is the lowest level of classification. Separate from those, about 2,000 additional e-mails were “up-classified” to make them Confidential; the information in those had not been classified at the time the e-mails were sent." In addition, there were other work-related emails recovered that were not stored on the server, though the bureau found no evidence that any were deleted in an effort to conceal them: "With respect to the thousands of e-mails we found that were not among those produced to State, agencies have concluded that three of those were classified at the time they were sent or received, one at the Secret level and two at the Confidential level. There were no additional Top Secret e-mails found. Finally, none of those we found have since been 'up-classified.'"

I don't know why you are trying to change Comey's statement. It's in print and on video for people to refer to.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: RickinVa

Right...so now your story is even though they were classified, it is all simply a mistake of over classification..

Rationalize much these days?

Perhaps if that was what I'm arguing, you'd have a point.

It isn't. If you'd like to move beyond your strawman, deal with what I actually claimed or stated.

You claimed over classification is a problem,, you are IMPLYING that Hillarys problems were caused by over classification.

That is NOT what Comey said.

Learn the difference between implication and inference.

You are participating in inference.

I have not stated that Director Comey made any claims about over-classification. I am stating, clearly, that the issue is a component here ... which is more than obvious to anyone who is not on a mere political snipe hunt.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Just remember. Since the investigation phase of the case is over and since the recommendation was no charges then that means the case is now open to FOIA requests.

Unless I am wrong... but that is the way I understand it now. You can believe that if it is the case and we the people are able to send FOIA requests Judicial Watch will be all over this.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

That is not the statement that I am discussing and you know it, nor have I claimed that Comey referred to over-classification.

However, I will address this text since you have brought it up ...

Here's what I'm interested in ...

From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received.

That "determination" happened after the fact of the FBI skimming emails, identifying certain ones, and sending them to the owning departments for "determination" of classified status.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
a reply to: Xcathdra

Just remember. Since the investigation phase of the case is over and since the recommendation was no charges then that means the case is now open to FOIA requests.

Unless I am wrong... but that is the way I understand it now. You can believe that if it is the case and we the people are able to send FOIA requests Judicial Watch will be all over this.

State has not decided whether to take the FBI's recommendation.

The matter isn't technically over.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

That is not the statement that I am discussing and you know it, nor have I claimed that Comey referred to over-classification.

However, I will address this text since you have brought it up ...

Here's what I'm interested in ...

From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received.

That "determination" happened after the fact of the FBI skimming emails, identifying certain ones, and sending them to the owning departments for "determination" of classified status.

Correct, but it was not "up-classification". The information sent or received by Clinton included secret and top secret information at the time it was sent or received. Undeniable fact. I suspect it was a case of her just not being aware. In other words careless and incompetent for the job she was supposed to be doing. Secretary of State is hardly the job to be so careless with information.
edit on 6/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

So I wonder how long it will be before the DoJ makes its determination on the case...

Could they sit on it until after the elections?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

So I wonder how long it will be before the DoJ makes its determination on the case...

Could they sit on it until after the elections?

I sincerely hope that they do not. And I sincerely hope that there is something more to States determination besides "we're not going to prosecute" because the larger issue here is a very important one.

Apparently, in terms of emails, our Government leaks like a sieve.

That needs to stop. Yesterday.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Well we can only hope the practice of using servers out of the loop and not accountable stops. As we can see, too much gets lost in these cracks.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Its not up to The State Dept, it belongs to the DOJ.

State is the one that must comply with FOIA because
as the ruling goes these accounts are now subject to FOIA.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Correct, but it was not "up-classification". The information sent or received by Clinton included secret and top secret information at the time it was sent or received. Undeniable fact.

And she deleted hundreds of emails marked classified, and did not
turn them over as she swore under oath to Congress.

That is aka Perjury.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Its not up to The State Dept, it belongs to the DOJ.

State is the one that must comply with FOIA because
as the ruling goes these accounts are now subject to FOIA.

You are correct.

I misspoke.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Correct, but it was not "up-classification". The information sent or received by Clinton included secret and top secret information at the time it was sent or received. Undeniable fact.

That is aka Perjury.

... and your evidence for that is? ....

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

That is aka Perjury.

Contempt of Congress is appropriate at this time.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Well we can only hope the practice of using servers out of the loop and not accountable stops. As we can see, too much gets lost in these cracks.

I had no idea before I started researching this issue how bad it is.

Clinton's emails are the literal tip of the iceberg.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

That is aka Perjury.

Contempt of Congress is appropriate at this time.

92% of the American people state their contempt for Congress.

It's always appropriate.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
FBI.gov Comey Official Transcript

The FBI also discovered several thousand work-related e-mails that were not in the group of 30,000 that were returned by Secretary Clinton to State in 2014.

Several thousand work related emails she failed to turn over.
edit on 6-7-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

:-)

And, because I need something more than a smiley: the owning department? Email chains?

How many people are culpable in all this then?

Where is our Deep Throat when we need him? No whistle blowers?

I gotta admit, I love this stuff. I kinda wish this story was more interesting than it actually is
edit on 7/6/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

It's always appropriate.

Is that the new campaign talking point, to
make jokes about Perjury to deflect?

Seriously, make a laughing stock out of her,
why not. She is after all the biggest joke to ever run for POTUS.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

It's always appropriate.

Is that the new campaign talking point, to
make jokes about Perjury to deflect?

Seriously, make a laughing stock out of her,
why not. She is after all the biggest joke to ever run for POTUS.

Again, you turn a general statement to be about your imagined nemesis.

I am not the one here who is obsessed with Hillary Clinton.

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join