It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims - there are good ones AND bad ones - Deal with it!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
For the record my man ...I'm atheist, I don't buy into ANY OF IT. And on a side note I see your new to ATS....... please don't ever compare GLP to ATS. Here we try to Deny Ignorance......over there they wear it like a 3 piece suit......Leisure suit at that. It's like comparing.....community college to HARVARD.a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: imsoconfused

"If the majority of Muslims would stop wanting us dead maybe that would stop."

But the majority of Muslims just want to get on with there lives and really wish you no ill will whatsoever.

Why not try testing the premise of you argument? Ask 10 everyday Muslims out on the street whether or not they wish you dead.

Whats the bet that 9 of them really dont give a crap?

I just want to clarify, I hate all religions. I have known and talked with lots of Muslims in my life, and yeah they generally dont give a shi about me in their everyday life.

But one thing 90% of them have in common is their hatred for Jews. Whether they admit it or not deep down they all think its ok to kill a jew and they will still go to heaven. Allah will not mind.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

Again why not test the premise of you argument? Ask 10 Muslims if they think its ok to kill people of the Jewish persuasion. Think you may be rather surprised as to there response.

Keeping in mind the Quran explicitly states NOT TO fight against those who are not fighting against you.

You may receive a more favorable result relating to killing Jews if you were to ask some Palestinian Muslims all the same.
edit on 5-7-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Tenebris

I understand what you're trying to say but I'm one of those people who often says "they weren't a true Muslim" however I also say "they weren't a true Christian" or true whatever. I talk how I talk and I think anyone who does horrible things in the name of their religion, philosophy or ideology isn't true to their beliefs.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Snarl
That view seems a little harsh, i mean what about Muslim people who have immigrated in to our respective nations and seamlessly integrated within our community's since the 1960s?

I saw this analogy the other day. Might put things into perspective for you.

I give your kid a sealed bag of M&Ms. They're all fine except for two. Those are poisoned ... and there's no known antidote. Do you let your kid keep and open the bag? Or, do you take it and shove it right up my arse where it belongs?
edit on 572016 by Snarl because: Autocorrect

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFart

originally posted by: Snarl
Most people have a problem with the political ends of Islam. They simply fail to see there are two components: One religious and the other governance.

Focus on the governance part ... and you can kick every stinking one of them back to the Middle East where their system of government belongs.

I have a problem with the political ends of Christian faith and Zionism in the US.

Me too.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Even a small minority of 1.6 billion adherents are a lot of people. A majority is even worse.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

To be honest Snarl i was always taught and have instructed my children never to accept candy from people they don't know, so the question is really nether here nor there. Would you like to come to my house and see some puppys?

On a more serious note your logic suggests hatred of the majority of a religion down to a small minority of religious xenophobic fundamentalists. That's nonsensical at best and just as xenophobic as the Muslim fundamentalist crazy zealots at worst.

Don't hate the players Snarl, hate the game!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
There are good and bad people in all three of the Abrahamic religions. But that doesn't negate the fact that the religions themselves are evil, and came from the minds of evil men seeking to control others.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Also, water is wet.

Pointless thread.

Au contraire,

Water is not Wet..
War is Peace..
Freedom is Slavery..
and Ignorance is Strength..

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

That's all well and good, but there are obviously some differences. I can't recall the last time many people were killed in the name of Jesus. Is it possible an mass shooter was a Christian? Sure. It's also possible, and most likely, they were a Democrat. That doesn't mean they killed in the name of Hillary Clinton either. When it comes to activities that result in the deaths of many people at once, in the name of a specific faith or organization... the Islamic faith and related terror groups lead the world by far. who cares if it's 1% of a larger group. That still equates to millions, and just one person can do a ton of damage. Are these extremist religious leaders banned from Mosque's? No. Not even here in the states. If the "no true Scotsman" fallacy weren't stupid enough, these violent radicals are allowed to perpetuate their messages of terror through official religious channels. The only thing comparable I can think with any other religion is the Westboro nuts, and I've never actually heard them advocate violence, though I could be wrong.
I say we "Capone" them. If any religious group perpetuates speech that encourages violence towards others, they lose their tax exemption. Then bust them for tax evasion.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Also, water is wet.

Pointless thread.

You'd think that, but the way people act on these forums when you say the word "Muslim" makes me greatly doubt that.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
All religions have been used to justify killings, maiming and torture. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize religion is the catalyst that corrupts and brain washes the mind, the soul, and creates conflicts and wars around the world. Just like the saying "it's the economy stupid", in this case, it's "Duh, it's religion stupid!"

edit on 5-7-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I pretty much agree with what you say, however religion is not responsible for all the worlds woes per say.

Organised religion on the other hand now that really does seem to be the root of rather a few evils down to the fact that when one group of people attempt to impose there will on another group while claiming it to be the will of God there is always going to be trouble.

End of the day organised religious practices are based on books written and edited over the millennia by Man, with all his fears and fallibility at play, and laced with control constructs designed to retard and prevent free thinking.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
All religions have been used to justify killings, maiming and torture. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize religion is the catalyst that corrupts and brain washes the mind, the soul, and creates conflicts and wars around the world. Just like the saying "it's the economy stupid", in this case, it's "Duh, it's religion stupid!"

So did atheism, non religion
Stalin, Mao, pol pot

It's people

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

All ideologies. Not just religions.

People have been killed in the name of communism, patriotism, eugenism or ultraliberalism too.

People claiming that religions are the root of all evil are shortsighted and biased. Probably due to their personal history with religious people.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
There are good and bad people in all three of the Abrahamic religions. But that doesn't negate the fact that the religions themselves are evil, and came from the minds of evil men seeking to control others.

Or stop the blaming of others who simply address reality.

Very nice post.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Stalin, Mao, pol pot

It's people

I know you didn't mention Hitler, but nevertheless...The Atheist Atrocities Fallacy

Religious apologists, particularly those of the Christian variety, are big fans of what I have dubbed, the atheist atrocities fallacy. Christians commonly employ this fallacy to shield their egos from the harsh reality of the brutality of their own religion, by utilizing a most absurd form of the tu quoque (“you too”) fallacy, mingled with numerous other logical fallacies and historical inaccuracies. Despite the fact that the atheist atrocities fallacy has already been thoroughly exposed by Hitchens and other great thinkers, it continues to circulate amongst the desperate believers of a religion in its death throes. Should an atheist present a believer with the crimes committed by the Holy See of the Inquisition(s), the Crusaders and other faith-wielding misanthropes, they will often hear the reply; “Well, what about Stalin, Pol Pot and Hitler? They were atheists, and they killed millions!”

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Stalin, Mao, pol pot

It's people

I know you didn't mention Hitler, but nevertheless...The Atheist Atrocities Fallacy

Religious apologists, particularly those of the Christian variety, are big fans of what I have dubbed, the atheist atrocities fallacy. Christians commonly employ this fallacy to shield their egos from the harsh reality of the brutality of their own religion, by utilizing a most absurd form of the tu quoque (“you too”) fallacy, mingled with numerous other logical fallacies and historical inaccuracies. Despite the fact that the atheist atrocities fallacy has already been thoroughly exposed by Hitchens and other great thinkers, it continues to circulate amongst the desperate believers of a religion in its death throes. Should an atheist present a believer with the crimes committed by the Holy See of the Inquisition(s), the Crusaders and other faith-wielding misanthropes, they will often hear the reply; “Well, what about Stalin, Pol Pot and Hitler? They were atheists, and they killed millions!”

This is coming from a fervent atheist who's also completely missing the point. Probably to defend his very own beliefs from what he perceives as attacks.

The problem isn't with religions, the problem is with ideologies in general.

But in the polarized US worldview it is customary to reduce everything to a X vs Y debate, like everything is either black or white, like the whole world is binary. Atheism vs Religion being one of the most common theme.

We are bad to square one, just like OP tried, with difficulties, to remind ATS that evil people exist in all groups, we now have to explain that like all ideologies, religions cause deaths when they are enforced in a coercitive fashion.
edit on 5-7-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Actually no, we don't have to. We don't have to have extremely high risk groups flood our borders due to the treason of our governments who's oath of office is to serve the well being, sovereign rights, freedom and equality of its citizens and who is not allowed to commit open borders, treason, violated constitution or common law, and endanger citizens in any way.

We absolutely don't have to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join