It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods please read.. Site issue.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Is there currently an issue with the site? I can click the PM button and it will take me to the inbox however I cannot open any of the messages there.

I tried using the thread alert button to ask however the section you fill out is not loading / visible either.

I know this is not an appropriate forum however I didnt know any other way too ask. Before this thread is locked / trashed can you post a response to my question please.

Thank you

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Oh.. Looks like you have been banned. Must be a glitch if you still post..

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
I can't see any reason why you are having these issues, X. Also, I checked and the PM system works fine for me.

I've alerted your post for ATS staff. Likely this thread will get moved to a more appropriate forum shortly and we'll also try to see what the possible problem is from your side of it.

ETA: a reply to: Misterlondon
No. On both counts.

ETA II: this thread has now been moved to BBQ (Board Business and Questions) so we can get more input from ATS members.

edit on 5/7/16 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
If other ATS members are having similar problems to Xcathdra's, please post.

If OTOH you're having no such issues, also feel free to let us know.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
No issues on my end. Might be worth clearing your cache, that tends to be one of the generic solutions for problems like this.
edit on 5/7/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Thanks for the response I appreciate it. I use Firefox and saw there have been issues in the past with the same issues when I searched the forums here. I went through several suggestions and no luck. Nothing is blocked for this site on my end (firewalls etc). No issues with cookies either (aside from wanting my cookie from sending in items and never getting the cookie).

As for being banned from the site I thought we had those records deleted since some people are above the law and terms and conditions

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
If OTOH you're having no such issues, also feel free to let us know.

I'm having no issues... been PM'ing all day, and having just checked - my inbox is still working fine at the moment.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
No issues here.
X, if you have another browser, try it and I'm betting your problems will go away. Try clearing the cache on Firefox and if that doesn't work, uninstall and then reinstall your browser.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The same issue is present with both versions of IE. I downloaded / reinstalled firefox still the same issue. Cache was cleared out same issue.

No issues on other websites either. Everything on ATS works just fine, including clicking on the pm button. It loads just fine showing everything on the left (pms). However the pms do nothing when I click on them. Nothing will load on the right side of the screen (message content).

Same holds true when I click on the alert button inside threads. The pm section loads but shows nothing at all on the right. Also the save and delete message buttons do not work. It also does not load sent pms, replys nor saved.

Also I have the same issue with my laptop, PDA and cell phone.

Checked firewall settings - nothing being blocked. I disabled the firewall and same issue - pms wont load (firewall re enabled).

Also I am receiving PM's. Most recently from this morning when my threads were moved.
edit on 5-7-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

No issues in Michigan this morning!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

No issues in Michigan this morning!

I used to live there.. Michigan always has issues

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

This is true, but not on my end!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
X, please drop by again here when you have a minute and let us know if this issue still persists.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
X, please drop by again here when you have a minute and let us know if this issue still persists.

Heya.. Yeah I still am unable to read my pm's. I am still receiving them and they are showing as unread. If I move the mouse over a pm it changes shades just like any other selectable link however clicking does nothing.

Also if you right click on a selectable link it normally brings up the option of opening in the window, opening in a new tab etc. For the pms when I right click it it gives me the option to save the page, view background etc. No options for opening in new window / tab / etc.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Try a different browser. I am positive that's your issue.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

Try a different browser. I am positive that's your issue.

Tried that earlier and no luck. Firefox, IE Edge and IE all have the same problem. I have also checked with my laptop, surface pro and cell phone and no luck.

I attempted the suggestions made by people in other / older threads that had the same / close to the same issues and no luck.

I receive pm's just fine and received the test messages sent by orionthehunter. Can not open it.

The last pm that was read / working was on 07/04/16 @ 12:24.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
For some reason the issue is now resolved. Although I can't explain how it was resolved. I opened a new firefox window and logged in and can now access my pm's.

Thank you everyone for your assistance / suggestions. I appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

HA! You got that right. Touche'!

new topics

top topics

join