It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason And Faith are Irreconcilable

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The Christians being the most unreasonable because they cannot perceive that Yahoshua stated very clearly to his disciples Christians would all be deceived and deceivers.

“Do not be deceived for MANY will come in my name and say they are christ [anointed] and deceive many.”

I am not (nor was Yahoshua) condemning Christians because it is their(Christians) nature(religious) and character(corruptness) to be deceivers and deceived.

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Rex282

The Christians being the most unreasonable because they cannot perceive that Yahoshua stated very clearly to his disciples Christians would all be deceived and deceivers.

“Do not be deceived for MANY will come in my name and say they are christ [anointed] and deceive many.”

I am not (nor was Yahoshua) condemning Christians because it is their(Christians) nature(religious) and character(corruptness) to be deceivers and deceived.

The context of that it the end of the age, and it's false teachers, wolves in sheep's clothing. Jesus said His sheep will hear His voice and a stranger they will not follow.

We watchful of creating doctrine out of a single verse, everything goes together succinctly.

Thank you for providing(and being) the clear evidence of my point.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

It's your choice. He has put life and death before you, make your choice.

there is no choice. there is life and then there is death, just as there is day and then night. to ask anymore is selfish.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Lol, I mean eternal life.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Achilles92x

You're essentially saying that by being all powerful, God would have no power. By having all of the control, God cannot control Himself...

that is not what i posted. "when he has taken it upon himself to be guardian" was the conditional part. all he has to do is fly away to some other world and he can be a throbbing phallus all he wants. or just stop pretending to have our best interests at heart so we can show him how mankind handles business. hypothetically speaking, of course.

The answer to that arrogant series of questions isn't really that difficult. An all powerful God is inherently all knowing... But first, I'll point out this: Technically, an all powerful God is inherently all good, too, as his omnipotence could determine what good is.

on the contrary, the delightful portrayal of lex luthor by jesse eisenberg submits an interesting argument: a being which is all powerful CANNOT be all good, and a being that is all good cannot be all powerful. it is difficult to test this premise given the rather conspicuous lack of all powerful entities, but it is a fascinating concept to toy with. more to the point, all powerful and all good are not synonymous. im sure you know how to use google to look up definitions so ill leave the legwork to you.

The answer, however, is uncovered by the realization that you do not ultimately know what "good" is. You know nothing in comparison to an all powerful, all knowing, and all good God. You know nothing of the grand scheme of all things, nor do I--but God does. What you believe to be "good" may not even be good at all. Your opinion means nothing because you know nothing--you cannot comprehend it.

so i dont know enough about what "good" is to criticize faith in such a hypothetical figure, but you know enough about what "good" is to defend said hypothetical figure? thats cute. really cute.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The only thing you proved is that you took His words out of the intended context, and didn't factor in other verses that say His sheep won't follow a stranger's voice.

That's why I said to be mindful you don't make doctrine out of a single verse.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Lol, I mean eternal life.

my point stands. all life that dies, stays dead. just like every day that passes, stays past. asking for more than that is selfish. here is a concept that ought to tickle you: live wisely while you have life to enjoy and you wont have to worry about running out of time. a good death is its own reward.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I'm talking about the soul. It's eternal no matter what, it has no mass therefore it's not bound by time. There is nothing selfish about choosing to be with the Lord, that's what He has called everyone to do.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The only thing you proved is that you took His words out of the intended context, and didn't factor in other verses that say His sheep won't follow a stranger's voice.

That's why I said to be mindful you don't make doctrine out of a single verse.

It is you who are out of context .Yahoshua does not say anything about my sheep hear my voice in this context however what is in context is what I stated from Matthew 24 because in Matthew 23 Yahoshua is dressing down the religious and specifically the pharisees and scribes that perfectly describe what you do here at ATS.

Yahoshua said woe to you who shut up the kingdom of the heavens against men, for you neither do you go in yourselves, and neither do you allow them that are entering to go in.You are a blind guide.You strain out a gnat and swallow a camel.You clean the outside of the cup but within are full of extortion and excess. You are like a white washed sepulcher full of dead mans bones and uncleanness and you are serpents and vipers. That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth,…etc…etc.

He did not say this to unbelievers.He said it to the self righteous self chosen, religious that are like you.You kill the prophets(metaphor) which are sent to you and your house is left desolate.THEN he preceded to Matthew 24 he clearly warns the disciples what they will be up against and identifies those who will come in his name that are deceivers and deceived..which are Christians like you…and as usual Yahoshua was correct.

What I stated of what Yahoshua said was to deny your great and abundant ignorance.I know for a fact you cannot see or hear because you are blind and deaf.I am not attempting to teach you because there is nothing to teach and you are unteachable.I am positive you will continue to believe through faith your false religion because it is your nature and character.Everything you write here is more evidence to that fact.

If what you believe was of the creator God then people would hear you except they don’t.You are consistently the center of strife and conflict at ATS religion forum.There is not one drop of Good news in anything you say it is all full of buts and buts and buts that conform to you confirmation bias interpretations of the scriptures.Even the ignorant are wise in comparison to you and many other Christian believers.The only converts you can make are to the doctrines of men you preach that become twice the son of Hades you are.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

He did too say that to the unbelievers, he said their father was the devil. That they elevated their traditions above the word of God making it none effect.

Pharisees, Scribes and Saducees were non believers.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

there were three sets of people the BIble speaks off. ONe set of believers and two sets of unbelievers.

1Co 10:32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I'm talking about the soul. It's eternal no matter what, it has no mass therefore it's not bound by time. There is nothing selfish about choosing to be with the Lord, that's what He has called everyone to do.

there is nothing selfish about generating an entire species expressly so they can sing about you and build temples in your honor and talk about how great you are to other people and have kids so they can sing and build and talk and pray generation after generation after generation. earth is just one giant sycophant machine. nothing selfish about that at all. but hey, go hard or go home i guess. have fun with your jealous and vengeful deity.

edit on 7-7-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

He did too say that to the unbelievers, he said their father was the devil. That they elevated their traditions above the word of God making it none effect.

Pharisees, Scribes and Saducees were non believers.

Thank you once again for setting in stone who you are.I used “your” term unbelievers as those that don’t believe as you do.You are quite correct the pharisees,scribes and saducees father is the father of lies... the diabolo because Yahoshua is speaking of you also.However what you cannot perceive is that is also you that make the LIVING word of the creator God(which is not the scriptures) void with your doctrines of men.

That’s why you cannot perceive what I am am saying because it is true and you have no truth in you.On that note I won’t be responding to you in this thread anymore.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Faith—What Does the Bible Say?

Some people claim to be religious, but they struggle to understand the meaning of “faith.” What is faith, and why is it important?

What is faith?

WHAT SOME PEOPLE SAY

Many people think that a person who has faith simply accepts a belief without having any real evidence. ... In such cases, there might seem to be little difference between having faith and being gullible.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

“Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen.” (Hebrews 11:1) For a person’s expectation to be assured, he or she needs to have sound reasons for that assurance. In fact, the original-language word for the phrase “assured expectation” means more than an inner feeling or mere wishful thinking. So faith involves conviction that is based on evidence.

“His [God’s] invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship.”—Romans 1:20.

Why is it important to acquire faith?

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

“Without faith it is impossible to please God well, for whoever approaches God must believe that he is and that he becomes the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him.”—Hebrews 11:6.

As mentioned earlier, many people believe in God simply because they have been taught to do so. ... But God wants those who worship him to have genuine confidence in his existence and in his love. That is one reason why the Bible emphasizes the need to seek him earnestly, so that we can truly come to know him.

“Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you.”—James 4:8.

In the final analysis, your faith must be based on evidence that you observe as you weigh the truthfulness of what you read in the Bible. In that way, you will follow the example of first-century students who “accepted the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.”—Acts 17:11.

“This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.”—John 17:3.

Just so you know, when someone is repeatedly conflating "blind faith" with "faith" as described in the bible (after having been reminded of this), that person is not providing an argument, demonstration or evidence against the existence of the God mentioned in the bible as Jehovah or the accuracy of his inspired scriptures for that matter, but instead a demonstration of its accuracy and Jehovah being the God of truth and the revealer of secrets. Cause it shows their conditioned (taught over and over, using mental triggers) bias or possibly their agenda and the phrase "not open to any agreement" ( to name just one example in the bible where this behaviour is described accurately). And it counts for both the religious and non-religious who do this. It demonstrates how much their way of thinking has been affected by what the bible refers to as "the spirit of the world" (also a concept and reality for which you require to observe the evidence for it to know it's there and what it exactly means; oh thanks btw for helping me with that on ATS to all who participate in demonstrating this to me, it has been very helpful in strengthening my faith in God's existence and his message to humankind, the bible).

“You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder.” (James 2:19)
edit on 8-7-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Wrong, I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the Messiah. That He died for my sins, was buried and rose again.

"Unbelievers" reject the gospel, they reject that Jesus is the Messiah. They reject Him.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Wrong, I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the Messiah. That He died for my sins, was buried and rose again.

"Unbelievers" reject the gospel, they reject that Jesus is the Messiah. They reject Him.

lets take care not to confuse rejection with indifference. aka "who cares?" if the dallas situation is any indication, we have far greater concerns to address. at least thats what my sense of reason tells me.
edit on 8-7-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

People who are indifferent and people who outright reject are still in the "unbelieving" group. A person either believes or they don't, there can be any number of reasons why they don't believe.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

2 Corinthians 4:4

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: TerryDon79

that is why I do not, he is God and that is it for me.

The reason you cannot know the truth is that the light of God is not in you. You can read the Bible day and night and if you are not converted to Christ then it profits you nothing the word will only convict you in the end.

The light of GOD has nothing to do with belief in christianity or any other religion but the battle between good and evil within ones heart. The light can be spent on experiencing egotistical pleasures or spiritual growth, but not both. These keys of knowledge have been known to Judiasm and eastern religions long before Jesus was born. So belief in Jesus is not a prerequisite to attaining enlightment (or heaven).

"the word will only convict you in the end"

Threats of hell and comdemation illogically dictates that life on this plane has no purpose but to achieve spirituality. If that was the case then GOD would not have created this universe in the first place. It must have purpose. That purpose according to Kabbalists is to weaken the Creators desires by experiencing all that can be experienced. So those that seek pleasure in egoism are also working for the Creator. If their egotistical desires are still strong then threats do nothing but hinder the Creators goal to accomplish a desireless state.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join