It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason And Faith are Irreconcilable

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Jesus isn't God. Jesus is the son of God.

So, again, we have to believe in your God even though we can't prove he exists? What makes that any different from any other religion? What makes your religion the correct religion?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

tower

Come on, it was a cliff.

I actually like Paul's take on "Christ". But it completely conflicts with Jesus' words. "Christ" is a concept that was first developed by Plato, and was expounded upon by Philo of Alexandria. That "Christ" has nothing to do with Jewish messiahs, like King Saul, King David, King Solomon or Cyrus the Great! It has much more to do with "The Angel of the Lord". But, I know that that's over your head.

And, by the way, it's your government that keeps the marauders away from your clean stream and pristine well.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Because you do not believe you do not have the knowledge to know who God is. For you believe not in God or that he is.

Jesus is the Word (John1:1-3AV), Jesus is the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Col 2:9AV), the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost are one (1John 5:7AV).

Even given the proof you will throw it off as myth, as lies, as anything but what it is, the truth.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: winword

Come on, it was a cliff.

You Err not knowing the scriptures

Luke 4:9 And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence:

If you truly would take time to read and study the AV Bible you will see that Paul and Jesus Words compliment each other. Jesus Ministry was to Israel, preparing them for the kingdom, Paul's words and ministry are to all me apart from the Kingdom, in the current church era. Rightly dividing the word of Truth shows this and in so doing reveals why there is more than one Gospel (not the four books) for men to follow depending on which era they are in.

Learn the differences and requirements of the ''Gospel of the Kingdom'' and the ''Gospel of the grace of God''

edit on 6-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Because you do not believe you do not have the knowledge to know who God is. For you believe not in God or that he is.
Neither do you. You believe you do, just as you believe there is a god. That doesn't make it true.

Jesus is the Word (John1:1-3AV), Jesus is the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Col 2:9AV), the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost are one (1John 5:7AV).

Even given the proof you will throw it off as myth, as lies, as anything but what it is, the truth.
You forgot Luke 22:70
"Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am"
Or John 10:36
"Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?"

Clearly Jesus is the son of God and not God himself. I even made a thread about it.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You Err not knowing the scriptures

Looked it up, and you're right. It wasn't a cliff. Still, Jesus did jump, he tested God, and won, right?. He just didn't jump off a building or a cliff, because the angels would catch him. Jesus jumped onto the cross, the Angels didn't catch him and he died, right?...as was his destiny, according to the Bible.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

you know not what I believe and can never know that truth because you believe not that God exists.

The proof he exists in in the answered prayer, supply and in my heart for God resides there in the person of Jesus Christ, the Father and the Holy Ghost.

Ro 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
1Co 3:16 ¶ Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
2Ti 1:14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.
Jas 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
1Jo 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
1Jo 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
1Jo 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
you didn't have to look it up I gave it to you. No, he said he would not tempt the LORD God. Not that he knew they wold catch him. Satan used that against him.

Where there is a little leaven the whole lump is affected. First purge the lump so it may be pure. then possibly you may see there is truly any light in you.

Mt 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

you know not what I believe and can never know that truth because you believe not that God exists.
Thats false. I don't believe God doesn't exist. I'm pretty sure we cleared that up on a separate thread. My stance is that myself and everyone else hasn't any evidence that God does or doesn't exist. A book, written by man, doesn't prove God exists. Just like a book on Santa doesn't prove Santa exists.

The proof he exists in in the answered prayer, supply and in my heart for God resides there in the person of Jesus Christ, the Father and the Holy Ghost.

Ro 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
1Co 3:16 ¶ Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
2Ti 1:14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.
Jas 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
1Jo 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
1Jo 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
1Jo 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
Trying to use the same book that says he exists, to prove he exists, is the same argument as saying Santa exists, because a book says so.

Either way. Let's agree to disagree. The thread isn't about if God exists or if Jesus is God. You've got your belief and I've got lack of evidence. We'll just go around in circles and neither of us will change our minds.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You're right, Christ is actually a poor representation.

Go with Yeshua HaMashiyach if you don't like the Greek term Christos.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

you didn't have to look it up I gave it to you. No, he said he would not tempt the LORD God. Not that he knew they wold catch him. Satan used that against him.

But they would have. Satan didn't lie to "The Christ". The Angels would have caught him, as they have caught me, and I suppose that they have caught you too.

link   

The Son is the ''Me'' in Proverbs 8:22 and that person is Jesus Christ, the fullness of the godhead bodily, he is God in the flesh, he is the Light that was called forth in Gen 1:3 by which that which was made was by through him.

Your lack of belief that there is a God keeps you from seeing who Jesus Christ is. You use scriptures only to keep yourself from believing there is a God and from faith on Jesus Christ. So you will remain in darkness until you either believe there is a God and come to Christ, or when you stand before him after you die. It is your choice.

link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Jesus isn't God. Jesus is the son of God.

So, again, we have to believe in your God even though we can't prove he exists? What makes that any different from any other religion? What makes your religion the correct religion?

Not quite accurate, Jesus is God the Son and not God the Father. Distinct persons, one God.

Check out Isaiah 9:6 for some of the titles for the Messiah.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The Messiah is for Israel not us today. He was never promised to me only to the Jews. I know him as God Almighty. He is a king but I know him as my Saviour. I am one with him and he with me.

Reading to much stuff other than the Bible my friend if you knew the doctrine of Christ you would know he is God. If I error I will answer for it. But I know in my heart I am not. the fullness of the godhead lives in my and Jesus is the fullness of the godhead bodily.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'm not going to go round in circles debating the son of god vs Jesus is god.

I'm also not going to go around in circles debating if there is a god or not.

Both of those are futile for us to debate with each other. Neither of us are going to accomplish anything.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

that is why I do not, he is God and that is it for me.

The reason you cannot know the truth is that the light of God is not in you. You can read the Bible day and night and if you are not converted to Christ then it profits you nothing the word will only convict you in the end.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

That's not true, the OT prophets foretold the Messiah would redeem the nations. The Judaizers error was not that Gentiles were being converted, their error was in thinking they had to convert to Judaism first then accept the Messiah.

And when did I ever say Jesus wasn't God? That's why He was murdered, for claiming to be God.
edit on 6-7-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

In my example above I do know my priorities. By faith God supplied for our NEED. But I would not temp God by jumping off a building not even Jesus did that. If Jesus refused to do it when asked so will I.

in other words, you are accommodating god by giving him credit no matter how the dice roll. he is either generous or merciful, never shortsighted or cruel. even though the property you were so graciously blessed with does nothing to address the thousands that are dying of starvation and disease and violence all around the world. its funny how that works.

My priorities aren't to tempt God but to trust him and that is where reason comes in hand, deciding where and when we trust him is where Reason comes in.

speaking of funny, its interesting that you get to decide what you want to trust him with and when. it was my impression that god decided everything long before you ever had a brain to make decisions with. god does not consult you anymore than the president does. and if he DOES consult you, why you specifically? and no one else? again, im forced to think of those thousands i mentioned above...

So while the two can be juxtapositional they also compliment each other when one lives a life trusting Our God and Saviour Jesus Christ.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I'm not going to go round in circles debating the son of god vs Jesus is god.

I'm also not going to go around in circles debating if there is a god or not.

Both of those are futile for us to debate with each other. Neither of us are going to accomplish anything.

Then why are you even participating in this thread?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Actually, I'm fine with the pagan "Christ". I'm just not fine with attributing Jesus the Nazarene to "Christ", unless of course, we are all "Christs".

edit on 6-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join