It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some serious theological problems with the Christian religion

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

The Bible to me explains so much more than any church has been able to explain as my understanding is so different and so deep. If you take the Old Test. against the New Test. you see the Old transforming to the New. The Old body into the New body of Christ. The analogy of the loaf of bread even has the heel (old) on one end and the crown (new) on the other. Baptism to me is a symbol of rebirth in the most literal sense. To me the Bible is layered in meaning with a beautiful story line of mans story. The entire loaf of bread is humanity. The struggles and sacrifices. The way different men and women view their God and how their faith and works plays out to either the betterment of mankind or the opposite. The ultimate goal is to get to the crown and BE IT!

you can pull that out of most sacred texts. its not exclusive to judaism. judaism just happens to be the most prominent in our culture.

but whats wrong with just being a spectator? not everyone is "in it to win it". maybe instead of fighting to finish the race, a person makes it halfway down the narrow path and finds a nice wooded spot that could use a quaint little cottage and someone to tend the local wildlife. maybe armageddon and a coup de gras doesnt have to happen for all of us.
edit on 7-7-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Raggedyman

It's a false baptism of fire. It's a Kundalini spirit. It makes people laugh, shake uncontrollably, make animal sounds. It's a Hindu god/demon spirit.
how is this imparted to anyone. is it kind of black magic

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

It's a false baptism of fire. It's a Kundalini spirit. It makes people laugh, shake uncontrollably, make animal sounds. It's a Hindu god/demon spirit.

Same way as the Holy Spirit baptism of fire, by the laying on of hands. Satan counterfeits, he does everything to mimic a real thing.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Same way as the Holy Spirit baptism of fire, by the laying on of hands. Satan counterfeits, he does everything to mimic a real thing.

how do you know it is satan who is the counterfeiter? because god says so? but isnt that exactly what the counterfeiter WOULD say? hmmm...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The Holy Spirit doesn't need to counterfeit Himself.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

It's most commonly through Sahaja Yoga technique, though many Eastern based practices refer to it also. New Age people also. My guess would be that most people who refer to it would not classify it as "black magic".

wiki-Kundalini
Numerous accounts describe the experience of Kundalini awakening. When awakened, Kundalini is said to rise up from the muladhara chakra through the central nadi, called sushumna, inside or alongside the spine and reaching the top of the head. The progress of Kundalini through the different chakras leads to different levels of awakening and mystical experience, until Kundalini finally reaches the top of the head, Sahasrara or crown chakra, producing an extremely profound transformation of consciousness.

The symptoms that NOTurTypical described are also listed in the article I quoted.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The Holy Spirit doesn't need to counterfeit Himself.

is that what he told you? see, here is the thing. if god lied to you, you would have no way of knowing it. if he wanted to destroy you, you would never see it coming. if he wanted to use you like a sock puppet and throw you away, you would never remember it. all you have is his word, and all he has is absolutely everything else. how does bruce wayne put it?

“Count the dead: thousands of people. What’s next? Millions? He has the power to wipe out the entire human race. if there is even a one percent chance that he is our enemy, we have to take it as an absolute certainty"

another fun tidbit to go with the above: gods "recorded" (not including disease, starvation, random violence, etc) kill count is approx 20-25 million. basically another hitler. doesnt need to counterfeit himself indeed.

edit on 7-7-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Well, go get the Kundalini spirit then.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

thats kind of scary. how does one protect himself from such laying on of hands

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

you can pull that out of most sacred texts. its not exclusive to judaism. judaism just happens to be the most prominent in our culture.

Pull what exactly? What would I pull out of most ancient texts?

but whats wrong with just being a spectator? not everyone is "in it to win it"

Personally I see nothing wrong with someone being a spectator and not "in it to win it". Not sure what the prize would be other than the "crown" I referred to. Furthermore my post had nothing to do with Armageddon.... AT ALL so coming out of left field with that one confuses me.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Well, go get the Kundalini spirit then.

i prefer the kind that comes in a bottle. even if it doesnt fix my problems, it helps me forget them.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Fair enough, so why are you even worried about trying to figure out which is the true and which is the counterfeit? No need to even worry about it, grab the bottle.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

Pull what exactly? What would I pull out of most ancient texts?

those fuzzy life morals and anecdotes of the ages.

Personally I see nothing wrong with someone being a spectator and not "in it to win it". Not sure what the prize would be other than the "crown" I referred to. Furthermore my post had nothing to do with Armageddon.... AT ALL so coming out of left field with that one confuses me.

revelations is a part of judaic theology even if you didnt mention it. your comments did allude to the race of the narrow path by which we find the kingdom and therefore the crown, aka the bunch of people who surrendered their civil liberties for eternal servitude (theoretically).

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I dont believe anything. I have experience that arises and passes called phenomina... I observe this phenomina and rarely do I add any phenomonology to it it's unfortunately a necessary evil to do so when attempting to explain the experience that has occurred.

Doesnt matter what the experience is from the objective stand point... some call it start with any woo experience then carry it to infinity onwards with some descriptor... it does not cannot nor ever make it what it is. But for people to feel all cozy and ignorant they slap a label on the phenomina and call it anything so it fits in a tidy little box to bury it in or anything else that challenges them to think and not escape that box they and others constantly place each
other in.

Some say hey I like the label and boy oh boy is there enough medicine of it to go around... thats simply called profiting off ideas... how many times can the 1960's culture roll around for a money making machine? How about any other generation?

Same diff with religions... theyve been a non stop money making machine for 1000's of years because woooo be a good little boy or girl or satans gonna get ya... first it was god, but having an angry god pissed people off so the new testament was born make god nice and well blame it on his son... now you can have your children be the social paraih and outcast too and have your own throne room so be the angry god of the old testament sitting on a throne throwing thunderbolts and blaming it on the dog.

Hey thats the cycle stop being children and slaves as adults looking for an excuse to be a child take some personal responsibility... and guess what? POOF! youre an adult.

Welcome to reality. If anyone wants to blame anyone for the suffering they see internal and external first blame this angry little children that are in adult bodies blaming everyone else for their problems... wahhh if they only believed in my fake daddy in the sky... dont worry Ill pander uncle government to go beat up you and your make believe sky daddy too.

People need to get a damning and you know what kind?

A damned grip.

Cause REAL children want world peace FAKE adults prevent it from happening by acting like children... looking for any excuse to escape personal responsibility.
edit on 7-7-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The important things here is that the biblical Jesus simply never existed. The bible is based on "pagan" custom/stories appropriate by its writers. The bible has been verifiable edited and changed so many times up to modern times that even if it was originally true the original messages has been so diluted as to hold few worthless meaning now. But the most important thing of all is that the God of the bible is the biggest myth of all.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: enkilo

Where are these important?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ahh...sorry to get here so late
I saw the thread title long ago, actually

i'm the one to straighten this all out, all I read was the op three complaints of salvation and rapture and the first one....

quick answer, everything in the Bible is truth and it takes some reading to get there.....some searching.
Salvation...let's plow deep...Jesus words here...in red, " father I pray for those you gave me, I do not pray for those in the world. ".....it goes on a little more, this is the most discerning statement in the book.

it means we have limited salvation, I'm a scholar on that book, huh! Calvinism and the others agree...it gets deep

In general, you want something supernaturally good in your toolbox, and this is it...if you talk to Jesus, he will talk to you

let's put it out there.....forgiveness is only in the country and culture of the Jesus followers.....this will get us going.... the catholic....the islams....and the jews have not been taught that. so they are uncertain about their salvation and won't know till they get there. Leaves them living in fear of it. Christ followers know, know!!

with it you have certainty that you are in with God....this gives you the opposite of jihad, bickering amongst themselves and get this.....this is important, I'm putting a lot on ya!!!!

get this....when the last day comes, men will not be fearing for their physical safety as much as they will know it's too late to get right with the higher power that is sending world wide something in the sky about to get wry.....men will know God is showing......don't be one whom does not know him....it takes a mere thought to claim the free gift, you don't even have to pray out loud, that way no one can ever stop ya

you don't even have to clean up.....He'll wants ya like ya are brother......told ya I was good....
edit on 7-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 7-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

edit on 7-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

edit on 7-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Gosh you rant a lot
It's good to know when you talk to others you should say something interesting, always keep it short, you can lose an audience by boring them with rhetoric

It's funny, you know I disagree with you but, like some religious fundamentalist you can't stop banging your drum, preaching your word, knocking on doors, proselytizing your faith in your chosen religion
You are a fundamentalist, you stalk me to tell me your religious choice is superior, your moral is superior, your intelect is superior
Well good for you my friend, I am glad for you, congratulations on your very large head

Children and adults want world peace, have done for many thousands of years, you and your divisiveness, your childish antagonism, your moral superiority, your boring rants are not going to achieve that either

I would really appreciate it if you stopped knocking on my ats door with your holier than thou religious nonsense BBD

Find a better way to vent your spleen

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Gosh you rant a lot
It's good to know when you talk to others you should say something interesting, always keep it short, you can lose an audience by boring them with rhetoric

It's funny, you know I disagree with you but, like some religious fundamentalist you can't stop banging your drum, preaching your word, knocking on doors, proselytizing your faith in your chosen religion
You are a fundamentalist, you stalk me to tell me your religious choice is superior, your moral is superior, your intelect is superior
Well good for you my friend, I am glad for you, congratulations on your very large head

Children and adults want world peace, have done for many thousands of years, you and your divisiveness, your childish antagonism, your moral superiority, your boring rants are not going to achieve that either

I would really appreciate it if you stopped knocking on my ats door with your holier than thou religious nonsense BBD

Find a better way to vent your spleen

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

quick answer, everything in the Bible is truth and it takes some reading to get there.....some searching
a reply to: GBP/JPY

So, question?? What do you do with 25 years of searching, digging...almost to dang China. Had the "baptism of fire by the HS", heard (literally) the audible voice of said "god" speak to me, felt love beyond anything I can imagine or put into words, and after those 25 years, I DON'T believe the bible to be the truth anymore. Oh, I believe it has truth in it, but I don't believe it's all truth. It's a mishmash of both truth and lies.
You know how I know for certain now? The reaction that most "Christians" have to challenging them on the bible. It's sad really.
And I appreciate your attempts at "clearing it all up for us". But, you really didn't. Do you know how many "ex-Christians" are on this board?? People who know the bible just as well as you do? People who have actually had "god encounters"?
What would you say to a gay man who had an NDE and met god? That man is my best friend now and loves god AND people better than any Christian I've ever met. Oh, but he's still gay. He berates himself for being that way, but it's been that way since he was pre-puberty. You know what? 7 years ago I would have judged, stamped a label on, and rejected that man. God has shown me otherwise. So, please stop. You haven't cornered the market on "TRUTH", just because it's in a freaking book.
I'm so dang tired of religion.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join