It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th of July Thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Sitting outside tonight, on this 240th anniversary of our country's birth, listening to my brothers and sisters celebrate the holiday. I had this thought, what if those were not fireworks, what if they were gun shots, or bombs, what if our brothers and sisters were dying? Is this truly what some in the USA want?

If that is the case, I really am too old.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Are you drinking as well?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

only the real bottom of the barrel want that, but they exist from the hard core anti government gun toting war hawks, to the thuggish liberals attacking folks at rallies, they exist. fortunately there's more of us than them - who just want to live freely and happily and being left alone.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Are you drinking as well?

Yes I am.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I'm sure there are many out there who want to watch it all burn. I'm sure there's even more who "think" they want it to go down that way. When/if it should happen I'm sure most will rethink their actions and reasoning.

I was thinking how ironic it is that in such a tough economy (where I live) all that money going up in smoke. How freedom has really gone by the wayside and with each passing year it only becomes relative to the last.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

only the real bottom of the barrel want that, but they exist from the hard core anti government gun toting war hawks, to the thuggish liberals attacking folks at rallies, they exist. fortunately there's more of us than them - who just want to live freely and happily and being left alone.

You have no argument from me that they come from both sides. I have listened to this crap for three nights, and can't honestly imagine it happening on our soil.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm sure there are many out there who want to watch it all burn. I'm sure there's even more who "think" they want it to go down that way. When/if it should happen I'm sure most will rethink their actions and reasoning.

I was thinking how ironic it is that in such a tough economy (where I live) all that money going up in smoke. How freedom has really gone by the wayside and with each passing year it only becomes relative to the last.

I always think of the money going up in smoke, but then I smoke, so I burn it too. Where I live right now sounds like film clips from Syria, I honestly don't want to live through that.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

The money spent on fireworks is taxed so not up in smoke. Money spent on gas to go get the fireworks also taxed. The money earned selling the fireworks gets dumped back into the economy. In summary, sitting at home looking at the walls is not good for anyone.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Yay for more gov't funding?

Then I suggest you stop sitting at home looking at wall?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

The money spent on fireworks is taxed so not up in smoke. Money spent on gas to go get the fireworks also taxed. The money earned selling the fireworks gets dumped back into the economy. In summary, sitting at home looking at the walls is not good for anyone.

Thank you for your evaluation, but due to my PTSD, I believe I will sit home and drink, and babysit my # scared 10 pound dogs.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Yea, I feel bad for the animals too. 1 of our cats hasn't been out all day. Shes at my feet cowering and shaking. It's almost done however.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Yea, I feel bad for the animals too. 1 of our cats hasn't been out all day. Shes at my feet cowering and shaking. It's almost done however.

I have Toy Fox Terriers, and yeah we have one that hasn't been out since early this morning, guess Daddy will clean up tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
More thoughts after another cig, I would probably do the same thing. Do what I had to do during the day, and sit on my porch and smoke at night. We all have an expiration date.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

a reply to: LifeMode

Yay for more gov't funding?

Then I suggest you stop sitting at home looking at wall?

Most of it is wasted unfortunately. I did my part today however. bought two 4th of July dinners at to community celebration and that money goes into the local kids swim team funds. If kids are learning how to swim then they are unlikely to be a victim of drowning which is a good thing. I also bought a Google Chromecast so my wife can display her phone workouts on our home gym TV. I also went run a couple of miles in the evening and drank a few beers I bought earlier. Fairly good day.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

If it makes you feel any better, I just got back off a near 3000 mile trek from Texas to Yellowstone and back in a giant loop. Stuff isn't as bad as the internet wants you to think it is out there. Just met a sh!t ton of people from every walk of life imaginable, and guess what... WE ALL GOT ALONG MARVELOUSLY!

I know that doesn't happen for everybody, every day, but I just want you all to know that it does happen.

Happy 4th to you OP, and to all.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
That's actually what the fireworks are suppose to represent
It's sad that people do want this and yes there are a few in both sides that do

However my gut feeling is that not many of them have ever actually been in war.....if they did they wouldn't be so eager to see it fought on their doorstep

People that advocate for this have no idea what they are asking for, having been there myself I can tell you it's the damn last thing anyone should ever wish to happen....

That being said. I have a strong suspicion a great majority hoping for this would soon find themselves deceased or moving at speed the other direction as fast and as far as they could get, wondering what the hell they were thinking.

At any rate. I still love my country and what was declared and paid in blood on this day so many years ago

Happy 4th brothers and sisters!
edit on 7/5/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

If it makes you feel any better, I just got back off a near 3000 mile trek from Texas to Yellowstone and back in a giant loop. Stuff isn't as bad as the internet wants you to think it is out there. Just met a sh!t ton of people from every walk of life imaginable, and guess what... WE ALL GOT ALONG MARVELOUSLY!

I know that doesn't happen for everybody, every day, but I just want you all to know that it does happen.

Happy 4th to you OP, and to all.

I know that to be the case, I cross paths with people from all walks of life every day. I love trips like that, haven't been on one in while, maybe that is the cure for what ails me. I am happy to hear that you had a safe and happy trip.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
That's actually what the fireworks are suppose to represent
It's sad that people do want this and yes there are a few in both sides that do

However my gut feeling is that not many of them have ever actually been in war.....if they did they wouldn't be so eager to see it fought on their doorstep

People that advocate for this have no idea what they are asking for, having been there myself I can tell you it's the damn last thing anyone should ever wish to happen....

That being said. I have a strong suspicion a great majority hoping for this would soon find themselves deceased or moving at speed the other direction as fast and as far as they could get, wondering what the hell they were thinking.

At any rate. I still love my country and what was declared and paid in blood on this day so many years ago

Happy 4th brothers and sisters!

^^^^^^^^ this right here, wish I could give you multiple stars for this

top topics

join