It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Gay Atheist: Here’s why you should stand with Christian Mingle

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Annee

AS LONG AS OTHER CHOICES ARE AVAILABLE, THEY CAN GO TO THOSE and leave those of faith ALONE.

THEY ARE OF FAITH.

LGBT Christians.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Irrelevant if they aren't welcome in THAT faith!
So they can go to other choices of faith that accept them,others who seek NOT to be part of the LGBT are free to choose so.
THAT is how we learn to live with each other.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Irrelevant if they aren't welcome in THAT faith!

Oh, but they are. Not all Christians are Fundamentalists.

So they can go to other choices of faith that accept them,others who seek NOT to be part of the LGBT are free to choose so.

Those who don't accept ALL Christians can go elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

haha you guys are still here?

Ok let me say one thing...

If those who don't accept ALL Xians have to go somewhere else, then wouldn't it be fair to say that those who don't accept ALL Biblical Versions of the KJV also must go elsewhere?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

If those who don't accept ALL Xians have to go somewhere else, then wouldn't it be fair to say that those who don't accept ALL Biblical Versions of the KJV also must go elsewhere?

Although I was raised Christian, I researched facts of history, not man's words and mis-translations.

Scripture and "Jesus' words" are not necessarily the same thing.

I trust people, real Christians, to understand the real message of love and acceptance. Not dirt level prejudices and ignorance.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Although I was raised Christian, I researched facts of history, not man's words and mis-translations.

I trust people, real Christians, to understand the real message of love and acceptance. Not dirt level prejudices and ignorance.

ok do you mind if i ask you a few questions about your experience as a Christian? Did you have anything extrordinary occur within that time?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I wasn't raised in it, but everyone said grace at dinner. I only began going when i became 20 something, had an experience. Big one actually, then noticed everyone in it, were plastic fake dorks. I couldn't believe how fake and deceitful 'some' people were acting, and it made me shudder. I began to question it, all of it after that. And came to some really interesting conclusions at that time about 'all religion'. Now, im past that, by miles.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

ok do you mind if i ask you a few questions about your experience as a Christian? Did you have anything extrordinary occur within that time?

I had "paranormal" (for lack of better word) experiences since first memory. OBEs a lot when I was 5/6. There is more then what we see.

Everything is energy. When people congregate the energy increases and can create a euphoria experience. Not God, energy.

If I was a God, I would not want people following blindly or listening to false prophets. Man interpreting God's message is not God.

I think there are over 1500 different Christian sects in America alone. You pick the right one. Make sure its the "true" one.

The only measure of a true Christian is their heart and how they treat others.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

It would seem you were where i was 15 yrs ago. I remember i was highly resentful as well, and angry after having gone through it. But it made me look further for more answers. So i do understand where you are now, as i was there also.

I had a 'spiritual experience' that took away my fear of hell, and other things, but now i see it as what it really was, myself. I believed so much so, i diminished that fear, but back then, i thought it was 'holy'.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

It would seem you were where i was 15 yrs ago. I remember i was highly resentful as well, and angry after having gone through it. But it made me look further for more answers. So i do understand where you are now, as i was there also.

I had a 'spiritual experience' that took away my fear of hell, and other things, but now i see it as what it really was, myself. I believed so much so, i diminished that fear, but back then, i thought it was 'holy'.

I am not resentful or angry.

But, I have very little use or tolerance for those who can't think for themselves.

IMO, if you truly believe in a God, you don't need man's words to know what is right.

As I tell my kids/grand kids - - "People are their Heart".

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I think you missed my last post. I hate it when posts get lost at the very bottom of a page.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
"Spiritual Christians"

Those who can accept the "Jesus Message" of Love, Acceptance, etc - - - and not be hindered by 2000+ year old dogma (man's words).

Any thinking person would never literally accept ancient text as 100% accurate and apply it to today's world. Especially text that was written years after the fact, and then translated and re-translated.

I have zero tolerance for Fundamentalists that take it beyond themselves in trying to force others to be restricted by their belief.

The Rise of Religious “Nones” Indicates the End of Religion As We Know It

I have seen the future of religion in America, and its name is “none.” Yet another survey just recently published and publicized is emphasizing what is now an undeniable trend on the American religious landscape: increasing, if not historic, numbers of Americans are claiming no religious affiliation when asked to state their religious identity, and more and more are embracing “spirituality” as an alternative religious brand that is not tradition-specific, but is more in line with the democratic spirit of individual tastes.

This surge of people not willing to associate with any faith tradition when asked by surveyors will certainly garner a great deal of attention: the faithful will cry the sky is falling, and the world is clearly coming to end with this movement away from traditional, authoritative religious institutions; political pundits will pounce on the figures indicating that a majority of these “nones” are on the liberal side of the political spectrum, and therefore are likely to exacerbate the cultural wars that have become so prominent since the rise of the Religious Right in the second half of the twentieth century; and the atheists will claim the upper hand in the ongoing battles with religious leaders who they believe have been deceiving and exploiting weak-minded sheep for far too long. www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

OK, what was your point then?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

If THEY WANT to BE fundamentalists within their own faith that is their right.
Like Hasidic Judaism.
As a former Methodist I DON'T storm into THEIR midst or businesses and order anything they would disagree with nor demand they be baptized by the blood of Christ.
I WOULD get it from someone WHO SELLS what I want.
ITS HOW WE LIVE WITH EACH OTHER AND PLAY NICE.
NOT go around picking fights FOR Methodists...who would probably start a campaign against shabby clothing if MY childhood experiences hold true...Pot lucks.
OTHER planes of existance, OBEs ,that isn't covered in the book as we got from that council.
AND your basic premise of this social assault as you are attempting to articulate it to the rest of humanity would be ....because you want to break up churches,establish a new culture of atheism based on your belief of that vision.
MEAN while we are sill here and I think the future is only a possibility that we create by our acts.
I DO so.
edit on 16-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Like Hasidic Judaism.

Yes it is.

As a former Methodist I DON'T storm into THEIR midst or businesses and order anything they would disagree with nor demand they be baptized by the blood of Christ.

Church is church. They are not required to accept anyone they do not want.

A public business is a public business. If you serve the public, you serve all the public.

I WOULD get it from someone WHO SELLS what I want

Christian singles.

LGBT Christian singles

no difference.

ITS HOW WE LIVE WITH EACH OTHER AND PLAY NICE.

Yes, "we" do not discriminate by race, sexual orientation, etc.

edit on 16-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Like Hasidic Judaism.

You mean the ones who "suck the infection out" of 3-day-old boys' penises after they are circumcised?

Mm.

"Religious freedom" should allow you to break the laws for sure, fundamentalist or not.

Can't wait until the Islamic fundamentalists figure out that they can legally kill people who refuse Allah.
edit on 16-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

They already think so YOU included...DUH.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Are you ESL? It's an honest question; I have no idea what you're saying 90% of the time.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Now, on to interpretation of the bible. You can go positive, or you can go negative, judgmental, ignorant, etc.

Logical Health Reasons - - - in other words "Safe Sex".

Many of the moral laws of the Bible also have definite health implications. Adultery and fornication are clearly forbidden in Scripture (Exodus 20:14; Leviticus 18:20; 1 Corinthians 6:9) because they threaten not only the stability of the family and society, but also the health of the individual. One of the most easily demonstrated facts of medical history is that promiscuity spreads diseases—often dangerous and deadly diseases of which AIDS is only the latest and most notorious. Sexually transmitted diseases bring suffering, disfigurement, infertility and death. This is one reason why Paul advises us to "flee sexual immorality," and warns that the person "who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body" (1 Corinthians 6:18). One reason why prostitution is labeled a sin in the Bible is that it spreads disease. Serious health risks are among the reasons why the Bible prohibits homosexuality (Leviticus 18:22) and bestiality (Leviticus 18:23–30). Sexually active homosexual men have a much shorter life span than the average man, and a much higher risk of contracting—and dying from—a serious disease. The Bible warns that people practicing immoral sexual activity "lack understanding," because they do not grasp the serious risks they are taking—healthwise or otherwise (Proverbs 6:32). These health-related moral laws—and the consequences of breaking them—are still very much in force today! www.tomorrowsworld.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

That LINE if bias you have hase F##KED up and you CAN'T get it...very intersting ..almost pathological.
I'll attempt to clarify for you ..I DIRECTLY ANSWERED your last post stating what is rather obvious to most of the reading world.
JIHADISTS already believe they have the legal right to kill both of us...try to keep up.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join