It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Gay Atheist: Here’s why you should stand with Christian Mingle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

The Unruh Civil Rights Act 1959, is one of the oldest (if not oldest) anti-discrimination acts in America.

CA takes LGBT equality very seriously.

We should punish LGBT individuals because they choose to keep their faith in spite of the adversity?

Not in my world.

Christian singles should mean Christian singles. PERIOD!

Good call judge.

Christian singles should meet Christian singles. Period. But if someone chooses not to allow it through their channels, that is their right.

You're not giving liberty in this case, you destroying it.

Bull#.

You offer Christian singles. You offer it to all Christian singles.

You don't like it. Shut your doors.

No.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Here is where my problem lies, my wife and I were very active in the "Life Style" for a few years, and a lot of those folks bragged about teaching Sunday school, but I know what they were doing Saturday night.

Ah, yes. Harper Valley PTA for sure.

I'm atheist now, but I did grow up in a Christian church.

LGBT Christians probably take it more seriously then the anti-LGBT Christians.

Your word "probably" there shows how much you understand the human heart.

Like I can make a definitive of humanity.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Here is where my problem lies, my wife and I were very active in the "Life Style" for a few years, and a lot of those folks bragged about teaching Sunday school, but I know what they were doing Saturday night.

Ah, yes. Harper Valley PTA for sure.

I'm atheist now, but I did grow up in a Christian church.

LGBT Christians probably take it more seriously then the anti-LGBT Christians.

Your word "probably" there shows how much you understand the human heart.

Like I can make a definitive of humanity.

You attempted to. When I did it, it was knowing that people love money more than the Lord. People also love stirring up pointless trouble more than they love the Lord.

Anyone who is complaining about using a website is NOT Christian. They aren't worried about a good work, neither are they suffering at all, not because of a website.

Get real.
edit on 7/5/2016 by TarzanBeta because: Move equals love i guess

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Does anyone else find its funny that people who say the are for equality really aren't. They just want whatever group they associate with to get more of the pie.

Do you think they gay people who brought this lawsuits is going the university of California at San Diego and suing them for have a LGBT scholarship which is bigoted because it doesn't accept straight people?

I am sure the people that sued, have a 1984 mentality with the word 'bigot'. As in, if you don't give me something, you are a bigot. If I don't give you something, that's my choice

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Does anyone else find its funny that people who say the are for equality really aren't. They just want whatever group they associate with to get more of the pie.

Do you think they gay people who brought this lawsuits is going the university of California at San Diego and suing them for have a LGBT scholarship which is bigoted because it doesn't accept straight people?

I am sure the people that sued, have a 1984 mentality with the word 'bigot'. As in, if you don't give me something, you are a bigot. If I don't give you something, that's my choice

Exactly.

I think the phrase, "he who smelt it dealt it" applies here aptly.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Social Justice SERVED.

Who is next, 2nd wife? Oh whats that, afraid of Islam? Best to not serve them? kaaaaay.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No it's not a good call. If there are no gay options on a certain dating site, go to another one. There are thousands out there to choose from and hundreds of gay ones. Pretty much every dating site besides Christian ones offer options that you can check off such as "gay" and "christian", what's so hard about joining one of those sites? It's not like you have to drive halfway across town to get to these dating sites like with a cake shop.

This ruling is absolutely stupefying. It should be obvious that such a site wouldn't offer a gay option by its name alone, why should they have to cave in to these people's strong arm tactics? Get the grindr app or something, don't take a company to court because they don't offer something they never claimed to offer to begin with, that's petty and just sticking your nose into something for the spite of it.

Should a black dating site all of a sudden start adding a white option if I decide to take them to court over it since I'm white? That would be completely counter to the point of their site. Christian Mingle isn't discriminting against gay people any more than black dating sites are discriminating against white people.

Like the author of the blog said, this could open up so many companies to frivolous lawsuits that are petty and stupid.
edit on 7/5/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Social Justice SERVED.

Who is next, 2nd wife? Oh whats that, afraid of Islam? Best to not serve them? kaaaaay.

Yeah. You don't know it yet, but you don't want the government to have this kind of power. You will care, eventually.

Excusing your hyperbolic sarcasm, btw.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think I found a perfect analogy for this case.

It's like someone walking into a Mexican restaurant, ordering spaghetti then trying to sue the Mexican restaurant for not serving italian food.

STUPID!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Nail on the head.

Gracias.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's like someone walking into a Mexican restaurant, ordering spaghetti then trying to sue the Mexican restaurant for not serving italian food.

STUPID!

What? That doesn't even make sense.

We're talking Christians. Only Christians.

We're not talking about Jews signing up for Christian singles.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

No it's not a good call. If there are no gay options on a certain dating site, go to another one. There are thousands out there to choose from and hundreds of gay ones.

It's a Christian singles dating site. PERIOD.

ALL single Christians.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

You can't sue a site for not offering an option they never offered nor claimed to offer to begin with. That's lunacy. Would you be defending a white person for suing Black People Meet for not offering a white people option? Or should Christian Mingle put a "no gay option" disclaimer on their front page to make it even more clear than it already should be?

If they did put that "no gay option" would you treat them differently than a black dating site for excluding whites?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

You can't sue a site for not offering an option they never offered nor claimed to offer to begin with. That's lunacy. Would you be defending a white person for suing Black People Meet for not offering a white people option? Or should Christian Mingle put a "no gay option" disclaimer on their front page to make it even more clear than it already should be?

If they did put that "no gay option" would you treat them differently than a black dating site for excluding whites?

Christians are Christians.

I get you don't comprehend that.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

If you don't like the site, GO TO ANOTHER ONE. It's literally a few clicks of your finger away, it's not that hard to find another one that caters to your taste.

I'm going to go to a barbeque joint tomorrow and start suing them for not carrying a certain type of barbeque sauce. That's about how much sense this whole thing makes.
edit on 7/5/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I know gay christians got married in a coe church also.
They have the same right as any christian to find love.
I'm sure jesus wouldn't mind seeing he never mentioned them.
Questimated I hear christians say the old testament doesn't count in christianity so why use it to disprove of gays?.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
In searching reviews of ChristianMingle, I found they ask a lot of basic questions, like:

. . . height, body type, eye color, hair color, ethnicity, etc.

If you can ask ethnicity, you can ask Sexual Orientation.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Simply, I can not comprehend your posts. In any thread.

Are you from another country?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Get the grindr app

Um... lol.

I seriously doubt that Christian gay people would be happy about using a hook-up app.

Plenty Of Fish does offer the ability to check off your religion, although I do not believe it is available to search based on that criteria.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

STUPID!

What? That doesn't even make sense.

We're talking Christians. Only Christians.

We're not talking about Jews signing up for Christian singles.

But you don't get it.

The point of this lawsuit opens up exactly that!

A Jew could sue under the same excuse. Don't you see? Basically the ruling opens the door to anyone going into any business and more or less suing it because it doesn't offer an option, not because they find an option it does offer to be discriminatory.

If I go to a vegan restaurant and it doesn't offer dry-aged steaks, I could sue for discrimination against non-vegans.

If I go log on to a black dating site and it doesn't offer to match up white singles, I could sue them for that despite them never even offering that service. Hispanics could sue them for not offering Hispanic matching. Asians could too.

In other words, people who have made a living by working what were otherwise called niche markets would be sued for working those markets. You know, markets that used to be defined by a exclusive clientele like various ethnic, religious, gender and other such groups because now apparently making your living by catering to those groups is discrimination if someone from some other clientele market decides they want to piss in your bucket because they don't like your preferred clientele group.

So, I guess if I decide I don't like ... say Hispanics in California, I ought to go cite this ruling as a precedent and start suing businesses that cater exclusively to Hispanic clientele by claiming they don't offer goods and serves catering also to some other ethnic group. If I do it right, I can force them out of business.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join