It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Gay Atheist: Here’s why you should stand with Christian Mingle

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ok. Let's break this down. Are you female?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
*raises hand*

Um..am I the only one who thinks that the site "Christian Mingle" is just a company pandering and taking advantage of Christians?

"Look! It's so....Christian!"

Play up a bunch of stereotypes and draw in the crowds...It's like decorating a BBQ joint with a bunch of stereotypical crap like NASCAR, confederate flags, barrels to sit on, straw floor, country music, shooting range out back...and cashing in.

Just had to ask, since I've always felt these boutique dating sites were cashing in on people's self-described identities.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

star, I don't disagree with anything you said. Yes, there are interpretative differences, and in a perfect world they would always fall towards the more progressive side. It's possible they wanted to play politics, or that yes they were genuinely offended. Either way it would be nice if bigotry did not exist.
edit on 6-7-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: infolurker

There is bigotry in the bible, that I am staunchly against as an atheist, however, I do not believe this company should be forced to accommodate a group they are not targeting to sell to, it's bull# and it will ultimately drive business away.

I agree. Seriously, this ruling is BS. Especially when the premise was totally unnecessary, and done to stir the #.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I've been an ardent supporter of LGBT folk forever. If this is their stance, not some guilt ridden individuals, I can't support that. The Gay community wasn't fond of being screwed with forever, and now they are going to screw? Nope. Not for me.

Like I said, I think they should go to POF or something of the sort, and the overwhelming majority of gay people likely would and have.

But the dynamic of the issue is that I don't feel it's right that they can break the law, either.

And in regards to the women's gym, well... men have also successfully filed case against that and won.
edit on 6-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Well, to be fair...Christianity in its infancy was pretty darn "progressive" compared to Judaism at the time of its inception. It was pretty radical to claim the messiah had arrived, and follow his teachings...which claimed the covenant had been fulfilled and the old testament didn't really apply anymore.

That was pretty brave and bold for those early Christians to do and take upon themselves. As history shows, a lot of folks weren't happy with the "new and improved" fledgling Abrahamic faith...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Nope. Male, age 50.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

star, I don't disagree with anything you said. Yes, there are interpretative differences, and in a perfect world they would always fall towards the more progressive side. It's possible they wanted to play politics, or that yes they were genuinely offended. Either way it would be nice if bigotry did not exist.

If bigotry, jealousy, selfishness and the resulting anger, hatred and violence ... didn't exist?

Yeah. Sounds like paradise, eh?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Nope. Male, age 50.

I can still work with that. You have experience. Tell me.... would a woman just walk into a strip club on a fancy?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Lesbian or straight woman?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

That semantic is an answer.
No. Women don't go to strip clubs because it's the wrong venue. Same as this issue but everyone is all up in the LGBT thing lately that some miss the fact that this ISN'T an issue. Someone made it one though.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

That semantic is an answer.
No. Women don't go to strip clubs because it's the wrong venue. Same as this issue but everyone is all up in the LGBT thing lately that some miss the fact that this ISN'T an issue. Someone made it one though.

And conversely, I'm saying that the sexual orientation of the subject individual is NOT merely semantic or coincidental.

The primary concern at Christian Mingle is ... CHRISTIAN. Not gay, straight, bi-, try- or what-have-you.

If one is CHRISTIAN why should one be excluded from the service (particularly IN CALIFORNIA where discrimination based on SEXUAL PREFERENCE is against the law?)

You don't see this as an issue. Those involved did. You are welcome to your understanding and they, theirs.

(I don't know what else there is to say.)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

As I said, then please try to score some drugs from a public open domain. Doesn't have to be FBI. Try your states website. VENUE!! Just because you are Christian AND GAY, doesn't mean the site has to cater to what they do not want to. I'd NEVER look for someone there. I'd be better off a Metalhead.com(IDK if that's a site)
. VENUE!!!!! Stop trying to push # on others. PLEASE.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Nope. Male, age 50.

I can still work with that. You have experience. Tell me.... would a woman just walk into a strip club on a fancy?

You do realize this happens all the time and they aren't kicked out.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

Nope. Male, age 50.

You must be young or have the wrong friends. That NEVER happens.

ETA: GTG. It's way late. I'll take care of the rest of these fallacies when I wake up.
edit on 6-7-2016 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

As I said, then please try to score some drugs from a public open domain. Doesn't have to be FBI. Try your states website. VENUE!! Just because you are Christian AND GAY, doesn't mean the site has to cater to what they do not want to. I'd NEVER look for someone there. I'd be better off a Metalhead.com(IDK if that's a site)
. VENUE!!!!! Stop trying to push # on others. PLEASE.

Dude. I'm not trying to push anything on anybody. Businesses have to obey the laws. Stop with the theatrics.

I'm arguing that California state law makes it illegal to discriminate based on sexual orientation. If you have any logical exception to that statement, have at it.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

Nope. Male, age 50.

You must be young or have the wrong friends. That NEVER happens.

I literally went to a strip club with my straight female roommate two weeks ago and it was not our first time so...

I'm not sure what your definition of "very young" is, but I am 28.

If I'm missing something feel free to let me know.
edit on 6-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: infolurker true love is great and something I believe in! Thanks for the good news! The good church welcomes all! after all I am a Christian too, and LGBQT are... Welcome in any church housing I may attend..to hear the word of the lord!

No such thing as a LGBQT Christian. They may say they are christian...... but they are not a christian because the bible speaks out against homosexuality...... so being gay is against the teachings of the bible. In the bible the creator spoke out loud five times..... one of them was how he despises homosexuality........ that must mean something to him if he spoke out about it. Christians follow the teachings of the bible and in both the OT and NT homosexuality is forbidden.

Many fake christians out here........The same with others.....who parade around boasting they are Christian but are actually far from it...

Bad ruling by judge......

I am so happy that I no longer live in the USA...... and to revoke my US citizenship costs over $2500.00 dollars! So if anyone wants to pay this costs for me..... I will gladly accept it.

edit on 6-7-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Do you eat shellfish? Or where two different types of cloth? If so by your own reckoning you are not a christian.
Dumb post dude.

edit on 6-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Do you eat shellfish? Or where two different types of cloth? If so by your own reckoning you are not a christian.
Dumb post dude.

You do not know the teachings of the NT.

You should not speak about things you do NOT know.

Like you said .......dumb post ..... on your part.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join