It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's All Choose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Life is so full of drama and strife, and it's all so unnecessary. The little things in life that we allow to destroy our relationships, our friendships, and our lives. I've spent so many years angry at the world. Angry at my environment. Angry at the way my kindness to others is shat on repeatedly.

But what do I have to show for my anger and bitterness? Nothing. Nothing but cold and lonely nights. All because I let my anger destroy me from the inside out.

No longer. No longer will I lend my focus and energy to things and past memories that have no effect on the present unless I CHOOSE to dwell on them.

I CHOOSE to be happy, and I choose to enjoy the rest of my short time on earth with a smile and a heart full of love.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Suggestion: Start with the removal of "Grumpy" from your account profile.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jaymp

Admirable thoughts. I wish you the best of luck in maintaining them.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Lmao. Noted.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I wish we were in the same room so I could pinch you and see if you snap.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

lol that's naughty but very funny.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I appreciate it. It's not an easy feat to pull off. I'm just tired of being miserable, and that's one of the few things in life I actually am in control of.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I CHOO CHOO CHOOSE YOU!!

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Happiness is not a purpose, or else we'd all hook ourselves up to happiness machines and stop living.

Rather, try being interesting instead. Happiness comes and goes like all emotions, and are fleeting, but an interesting life transcends even those.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Happiness is more than a mood to me. It's a mind-state. I'm very interesting by the way. lol. I'm my own unique cocktail of personalty, and I pride myself on being an original person.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Change the changeable
Accept the Unchangeable
Remove yourself from the unacceptable.

For me I had to remove myself from things/ people that were getting to me. The first line is the hardest to work on!

Best of luck

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

You can do it!! Enjoy every smile, every laugh and happy thought you can..and don't forget to give some to someone else each day.

When all else fails..look at this guy..for some reason, he makes me laugh when nothing else will..lol

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

...or something like that.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Admirable attitude to maintain, but is it realistic?

What do people that are calm and happy have to show for their attitude? A larger social network, perhaps?

I guess some people desire more friends, but at the end of the day, if they aren't meaningful relationships then it is just another material possession.

edit on 5/7/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Not trying to pull psycho-babble....even though I am a licensed psycho-babblist

But aim for content. 100% happiness is not possible. 100% content...that is an admirable goal. Obviously, I am not trying to tell you how to live or pass that I am some thought-leader...just suggesting from what I have seen from oodles of clients who try to attain and maintain happiness round the clock

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I kind of feel like there is a choice to make about your baseline, or set point, in emotional state?

I think I was depressed for a very long time early in life, and I always had a very deep and dark point which I would always return to eventually- and it was pretty bad. When I was there, I could be suicidal. But no matter how happy I got at any time, that hole was always there to pull me back.

I think things got better in a concrete way, I found security in life, then it took me a while to get used to that and really embrace it, and then I decided I was going to do whatever I could to be happy- or at least fill in that damned ditch.

Little bit by bit I think I did....My moods go up and down with events, but not that drastically, and I don't find myself down that far anymore. It feels like when you have finally, after many years, changed the set point of your weight?

But it was an active struggle.
I have these periods of time when my mind spends all moments trying to find things to get down about. It rehashes every mistake I have ever made, ever faux pas, every failure, every time I was irresponsible, inconsiderate, unaware of others....I have to make a choice each minute, not to stay focused on that. To let it go, and look forward.

It is rather like quitting smoking, where you just have to repeatedly make a choice in each moment not to give in to the desire to smoke.

It actually felt like quitting an addiction in fact- an addiction to being self destructive.
edit on 5-7-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Of course it's realistic. lol

I don't really care about making more friends. My issues with rage are likely to get me in more trouble with the law, and besides that, I'm going to have a stroke if it continues. Not to mention perpetually fantasizing about the death of my enemies, ALL day. Every day. I wake up thinking about the carnage and destruction of those who've betrayed me. The flashbacks haunt me, and up to this point, I felt freed by my anger. I felt in control for a change.

But I was so wrong. I only imprisoned myself further. I finally understood that weakness is not being taken advantage of or betrayed. Weakness is not controlling yourself and you reaction afterwards. They want you to play into their hand, and I refuse to play that game.
edit on 7-5-2016 by jaymp because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join