It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever seen this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I was looking around CNet.com and stumbled on this little gem:

i.i.com.com...

Supposedly it's "General Electric's late 1960s Hardiman. The company never got more than one arm working." Cute huh?

Then I came across something a big more interesting:

i.i.com.com...

Now this thing looks cool! The guy wearing it looks like a deer in headlights. The "Oh no, someone caught me on camera with thing on! The guys at the frat house are never going to let me live this down," look is priceless. Evidently its "The DARPA-funded Berkeley Lower Extremity Exoskeleton."

Anyone else know about this thing? How close to being in actual use is it? Know of a good site with some info?

Talk amoungst yourselves...

[edit on 17-1-2005 by The Big O]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This might help you?
Exoskeleton

And perhaps this?
Military Exoskeleton

seekerof

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Looks pretty cool. I can see the military getting their greedy little hands on this.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How about an exoskeleton for an ostrich, they already have a topspeed of 50 km/hour by themselves . the bird has decent size and with the added exoskeloton you could perhaps turn it into a a single person attack raider with some guns and mounted rockets. however its said ostrich riding is for daredevils only, especialy during mating season, they seem to have a mind of their own

Horses would perhaps be more interesting candidates, already proven their millitary importance for thousands of years, horse already have an impressive combination of speed/loading capacity/endurance/trainabillity, just imagine the cavalry comes to the resque on horses that have the attack capacity of a light tank. Would cut down on oil consumption also.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
one of the main reasons Exoskeletons are being use is because the Military is always looking for ways to lload up troops with manageble weight. And Exoskeleton could allow for this to happen.

Animal mounts have been discontinued because you have to feed them and they are not all that reliable or durable in combat as a soldier is

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures
How about an exoskeleton for an ostrich, they already have a topspeed of 50 km/hour by themselves . the bird has decent size and with the added exoskeloton you could perhaps turn it into a a single person attack raider with some guns and mounted rockets.

Attack ostrich...AWESOME!!!

Team America.....F**K YEAH!!!!

Xon

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
In Norway we have a nice magasine about sienc. And for about 1-2 years ago there was a article that the fire men and medic people are going to get some of this things. So the hard work will get much easy.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I saw this article in the January '05 issue of Wired.

www.wired.com...

It's about the world's first exoskeleton weightlighting competition. Pretty impressive what these guys have come up with.

By the way-- Hi. New member.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
was that elton john in the first pic?

top topics

join