It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharp-shooting US Army Veteran Rescues Bald Eagle Hanging from a High Tree

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Sure Carlos Hathcock might have only used 25 -30 rounds, but then, he wasn't here. Good job and great ending.

One shot, and he could have had dinner.

But, after 150 rounds the bird still escaped.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

yea i wonder how many people thought about that way.
fired 150 shot within inches of the bird, and didn't even hit him.
that there should tell people how good a shot he was.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester
Yeah, I'm thinkin' there is a big difference between a wild eagle and one trained to sit on a handler's hand. I've watched the Eagle cam in Iowa and seen them tear apart full-grown rabbits and squirrels like they were tissue paper. That's as close to one of those critters as I want to be!
They do nest on Kentucky Lake's shoreline where we watched a couple hunting for fish one afternoon. They had found an area where the flood waters were receding and a lot of really big fish had been stranded. They were plucking drum and buffalo out of that pool like they were goldfish. It was awesome to watch.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Here at 00:22 a man describes having an eagle talon driven into his arm to the bone.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
oh FFS - i understand the american obsesion with guns

but this farce went on for 2 days - and the best any one could come up with is :

" cletus , git mah gun "

now if you are unable to think beyond " shoot it " - thats fine - i am done with you

but IF you want to learn something

google trea climbing or tree surgery techniques

because despite claims upthread - i am neither a braggart nor a super hero - and getting 25 m up a pine tree is distressingly easy and yes i could also free the eagle from a distance - without getting savaged

hint lop-saws with telecopic handles enable the branch // rope to be cut from the saftey of the trunk - and the eagle lowered to the ground - not dropped

PS - the person asking how i would subdue the eagle ? - did you stop to think - how did the wildlife expert on the ground do it ??????????

and while i know nothing about subdueing eagles - i would hope that the wildlife " experts " on hand would have a better solution than " shoot it "

thats it - rant over

there are more than a dozen ways to skin a cat and climb a tree - but if " shoot it " is all you can think of in 2 days - then you are idiots

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

I live in northern Wisconsin where we see bald eagle's up close quite a bit. I will personally pay you 1000 dollars cash if you think you can climb 75ft and wrestle a pissed off eagle out of a tree. It will maul you in about 5 seconds, 3 seconds later you will be dead on the ground from the 75ft fall. But feel free to prove me wrong. Wake up people-video games and TV heroics are nothing like the real world.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join