It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Sen. Joni Ernst, who will be Trump's pick for VP

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Back to the topic of this OP, I think that Ernst will be a fine choice as VP. She has military experience that will help him with national defense and foreign relations issues. She has political experience that will help him. And she is a smart, strong woman with an impressive background. Her views on the issues are common sense.

And if she wants to continue her political career with the Republican party; it would be wise to avoid a Trump VP position. imo Trump is going to destroy the GOP and turn the entire government over to the democrats.

Palin would be a perfect choice for Trump, or Newt....

edit on 4-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: olaru12

Ummm...I agree...it will be Newt Gingrich...

Constitutional Historian...check
More intelligent than the entirety of the democrat caucus...check
The architect of the balanced budget during Bill "the cigar" Clintons reign...check

Impropriety with handling his divorce...MEH...that's all his detractors have...
I watched Newt through all of the Bill "the cigar" Clintons eight years...the man is the most intelligent person I've ever seen in politics...

ANY...administration would do well to bring him on board...Not only that...He's not a neocon...he's a Constitutionalist...with a fair smattering of Libertarianism thrown in for good measure...

YouSir

Of all you have said of Newt Gingrich, I totally concur. I loved the guy back in the day! He is as sharp as a tack. I think picking him would be a stroke of genius.
edit on 4-7-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: d, needed a d

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Ernst is a smart woman, and her views align with Trump's.

I'm sure she must be considering the opportunity to meet some of her goals with the additional influence as VP.

I really like that she wants to abolish the IRS.
She is supported by the NRA, and is a strong supporter of citizen right to carry.
But I think the best thing about her views is her strong beliefs in removing power from Federal Government and giving the States oversight of many things, including education.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
lets hope she doesn't have an ugly face or pms issues

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...I agree...it will be Newt Gingrich...

Constitutional Historian...check
More intelligent than the entirety of the democrat caucus...check
The architect of the balanced budget during Bill "the cigar" Clintons reign...check

Impropriety with handling his divorce...MEH...that's all his detractors have...
I watched Newt through all of the Bill "the cigar" Clintons eight years...the man is the most intelligent person I've ever seen in politics...

ANY...administration would do well to bring him on board...Not only that...He's not a neocon...he's a Constitutionalist...with a fair smattering of Libertarianism thrown in for good measure...

YouSir

note to Trump....if you pick newt, make sure you have a food taster on staff.....just sayin'

Maybe thats what Sarah Palin meant?

www.mediaite.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Sorry, but I'd be amazed if his VP pick isn't Chris Christie or Newt "I have no soul" Gingrich.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
I'd love to watch Ernst castrate that pig!

Maybe she needs to go back to the farm and do that. I can't stand her.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Sorry, but I'd be amazed if his VP pick isn't Chris Christie or Newt "I have no soul" Gingrich.

Newt is ruthless but brilliant. Trump would't make it thru the 1st year and Donald knows it.
Chris "puddin" Christie might have a shot though.

The GOP convention will be classic.
edit on 4-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Newt is ruthless but brilliant. Trump would't make it thru the 1st year and Donald knows it.

I did hear a report that Trump wants to speak on each day of the RNC? Is that right?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

That's cause nobody wants to speak. He has to have his daughter fill in one of the spots because of lack of interest.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I did hear a report that Trump wants to speak on each day of the RNC? Is that right?

that's right.....www.cbsnews.com...

Donald also wants to have a night of winners at the convention with sports stars...no politicians.

www.newsmax.com...

This GOP convention will be fantastic....

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

It would be smart for him to pick a woman.

Although, I don't see anybody who isn't going to get just destroyed at a debate if Hillary picks Warren as her running mate.

However he picks, they better be verbose and ready to defend him on his silly silly talking points.

~Tenth

Warren? Meh. Right out if anyone points to the fact she claimed she was Native American and listed herself as a minority, when in fact she isn't even on the Senate minority list, she will lack credibility in everything else she says.

Sen. Warren not listed among Native Americans

Sen. Elizabeth Warren's Native American heritage sparked a major dust-up in the Massachusetts Senate campaign last year. Now, the newly sworn-in Democrat is not being listed as a minority on the Senate's official website.

They could also point out how Pocah...er...Warren was flipping foreclosed homes for profit. Ernst might be a good choice...don't know much about her.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
lets hope she doesn't have an ugly face or pms issues

Compared to Hilary she is a goddess. And she doesn't speak in the high shrill or give the fake cackle laugh like cankles.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

edit on 7jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

It would be smart for him to pick a woman.

Although, I don't see anybody who isn't going to get just destroyed at a debate if Hillary picks Warren as her running mate.

It's really easy. After Warren talks and slams America for one reason or another, you just simplify her argument down to basic verbiage and ask her "So your premise is X?" and watch her flounder around trying to counter it. Since she can't speak in plain language and only use strawmen arguments she'll do most of the damage to herself.

However he picks, they better be verbose and ready to defend him on his silly silly talking points.

~Tenth

Verbose is not the answer. Direct and basic dialogue. Keep it simple.

Christie demolished Rubio by pointing out the same talking points over and over.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

that's right.....www.cbsnews.com...

Donald also wants to have a night of winners at the convention with sports stars...no politicians.

www.newsmax.com...

This GOP convention will be fantastic....

Well, it will be different than the Dem dog and pony show.........mostly dogs since it will feature the greasy short haired, Birckenstock wearin', pantsuit supportin' Hillary brigade.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Jodi Ernst is also a first time Senator who got elected only because she ran as a Republican in a heavily Republican district.

She has nothing to offer Trump.

Iowa? Won't make a difference in the Electoral College Vote
Women? Trump has already lost 80% of women
Veterans? He already HAS them, the ones that will vote for him, anyway.

He might actually lose some of his core voters - the straight white Christian gun bearing male - by selecting a woman as his VP. Many of his core voters still actually believe a woman should just stay home

Jodi Ernst is the Senator elected because she was going to "make Washington squeal like a pig" and she's done absolutely nothing but tow the party line since she's been elected.

She's been a complete waste of space as a Senator. Would probably be ideal for Trump, because ideally, all he wants in a VP is someone who will just tow the line and rubber stamp everything he does.

She's also not young enough or attractive enough for Donald to be seen with her on a regular basis.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Whomever Donald Trump picks had better be able to step into the Presidency once he quits because he got bored after 3 months.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Trump should pick Gary Johnson and blow everyone's minds.

heeheehee

Hey, I was thinking that very same thing. He would be a great choice and solve a lot of problems for Trump.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

a reply to: AngryCymraeg

That's cause nobody wants to speak. He has to have his daughter fill in one of the spots because of lack of interest.

~Tenth

Isn't both his son and daughter registered democrats in NY?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join