It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Sen. Joni Ernst, who will be Trump's pick for VP

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

So a non answer is what she'd be forced to use right?

An attack on her opponent as opposed to an explanation of why she supports a sexist demagogue?

See how no matter who he chooses, Donald will basically be giving then the rope to hang their political careers with.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

" How do you react to the litany of sexist and derogatory comments made by your running mate, at women in the last 10 years?"

I'd reply with," A lot better than having a running mate that destroyed victims of rape by her husband".

That's not an answer to the question, that's a political talking point.

People love Donald because he doesn't talk like a politician he just says what he thinks. One set of standards for him and another for everybody else?

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

"sexist demagogue" is a term pushed by media and opponents, and has no basis in fact.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

" How do you react to the litany of sexist and derogatory comments made by your running mate, at women in the last 10 years?"

I'd reply with," A lot better than having a running mate that destroyed victims of rape by her husband".

That's not an answer to the question, that's a political talking point.

People love Donald because he doesn't talk like a politician he just says what he thinks. One set of standards for him and another for everybody else?

~Tenth

Controlling the narrative is the name of the game.

Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I agree with most of your post, except for the part about Trump saying sexist or derogatory things. I have never heard a quote where he said anything sexist or derogatory.

Well, snippets of clips would be played by the MSM where he called Rosie O'Donnell a pig, even though he was retorting against an unsavory comment by her. Also they would show where he said during a debate "there's blood coming from her, where ever, and the feminists insert their own bias into 'where ever'.
edit on 7jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

He is fairly insulting to both men and women. He does not pick on women just because they are women.

And he was right about Kelly having blood coming from her eyes during the debate. I thought the same thing before he even said it. I was like "whoooaaa, lasers of hate coming from her". He never said blood in relation to female anything.

Both of those things you mention have been spun and used by media, taken out of context.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

So a non answer is what she'd be forced to use right?

An attack on her opponent as opposed to an explanation of why she supports a sexist demagogue?

See how no matter who he chooses, Donald will basically be giving then the rope to hang their political careers with.

~Tenth

What you see as a non answer is an answer just the same. You consider It is an attack on an opponent, simply by using facts. Sorry, both candidates are guilty of this, but you can't see it thru your Trump biased, Hillary supportin' perspective.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Both of those things you mention have been spun and used by media, taken out of context.

Really? In his own words.....

www.youtube.com...

Real classy Mr. Trump!
edit on 4-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Kelly deserved the criticism. He was criticizing because of her behavior. It had nothing to do with her being a woman.

Do you think a woman should be able to get away with being a jerk, just because she is a woman?
To get respect, you need to earn it, woman or not.
And I say that as a woman.
To say a woman deserves respect just because she is a woman is sexist.

edit on 7/4/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Kelly deserved the criticism. He was criticizing because of her behavior. It had nothing to do with her being a woman.

Do you think a woman should be able to get away with being a jerk, just because she is a woman?
To get respect, you need to earn it, woman or not.
And I say that as a woman.
To say a woman deserves respect just because she is a woman is sexist.

He could have been more of a gentleman. Mentioning a female's menstrual blood in an insult just isn't done.

My 83 year old Baptist, Right wing conservative, republican mother saw this for what it was.

There is no excuse for that kind of talk by a presidential candidate!

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

He made no mention at all of female menstrual blood.
That would be a spin. As in taking something out of context. Or putting words in someone's mouth.

And I said, to say a woman is deserving of a man being a "gentleman" towards her just because she is female is sexist.
So if anything, Trump is the opposite of sexist.
He dishes it out regardless of the gender of the target of his comments.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

He made no mention at all of female menstrual blood.
That would be a spin. As in taking something out of context. Or putting words in someone's mouth.

You tell me....

What did he mean. Most women and men know exactly what he meant!!

He intimated that Megan was emotional because she was having her period. That was a sexist comment.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

He said she had blood coming out of her eyes... or wherever.
And she did.
She was shooting blood and hate from her eyes.
Hate was oozing from every part of her.
I felt it before he ever said it, so I'm sure he felt it even more, since he was right in front of her.
As he has explained, but the media never covers that part.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

if Hillary picks Warren as her running mate.

Warren is arguably more delusional than Clinton. Can the Democrats manage to find someone that isn't a borderline lunatic for this election?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

"sexist demagogue" is a term pushed by media and opponents, and has no basis in fact.

No, the evidence shows clearly that trump has engaged in both sexism, a lot and demagoguery.

You can't throw a rock and not hit 10 posts on twitter pointing that out.

Just because his opponents are saying it, doesn't make it less true. The same when Trump calls Hillary Crooked or a liar, it's true, it's not a lie.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Ah I see. You get your news and facts from Twitter.
No wonder you are misinformed.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
One problem ere with her and any other pick now in the Senate, is GOP control of the Senate itself. It's tight, and if she has to resign her senate seat in order to run, it puts the Senate at risk. Not that Trump owes the GOP anything given how they have treated him, but still....

The GOP is losing the Senate after the election no matter what they do. Remember the big Republican wins in 2010? That means most of who is up for reelection right now is a Republican. If they split the vote with the Democrats, each winning 50% of the seats up for reelection, the Dems take the Senate 54-46 I think it is.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Ah I see. You get your news and facts from Twitter.
No wonder you are misinformed.

Donald said all he knows is what he reads on the internet

And please tell me how I'm misinformed, can you please point out to me where Donald doesn't display the qualities I mentioned above? Did he not say all those things over the last 10 years? Was it all a fantasy?

But I guess his personal twitter account can't be used to point out all the things he's said right? It's not like, his main source of communication with his base or just in general right?

I meant you can't look at 10 of HIS Posts without finding one that's either being sexist, racist or a demagogue.

But again, nobody cares that Donald mocks the disabled, Women, Veterans, Jews etc.

That's why most of the GOP brass refuse to appear at the convention right? That's why 80% of the country has an unfavorable view of him right?

It's all because it's rigged against him right?

I'd rather actually just look and think about it, and see that he's a racist, sexist demagogue, trying to win the Presidency by just latching on to the lowest common denominator.

I hope in all honesty, that Donald does win, and then we can watch the GOP go through election regret like Democrats did with Obama.

~Tenth
edit on 7/4/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Not to derail this thread further from the topic, but everything you are claiming has been discussed in detail in other threads.
Trump has powerful women running his companies. He has raised strong, confident daughters. Everything in his real life shows his record with women.

As for the GOP elite who will not support him, I see that as a positive. They fear him because they can not control him.

Back to the topic of this OP, I think that Ernst will be a fine choice as VP. She has military experience that will help him with national defense and foreign relations issues. She has political experience that will help him. And she is a smart, strong woman with an impressive background. Her views on the issues are common sense.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Trump has powerful women running his companies. He has raised strong, confident daughters. Everything in his real life shows his record with women.

Yes, when it suits him, he's not a sexist. Also thank you for calling me misnformed and then not replying when I called you out to explain to me how what I said was misinformed. But anyway, I guess most Donald supports can't actually defend him without attacking his opponent or others, or just saying he was misunderstood.

Probably the most misunderstood man on the planet then.

As for the GOP elite who will not support him, I see that as a positive. They fear him because they can not control him.

I would usually agree with him, but it's not about control it's about putting man in office who doesn't know what he's doing. At least not the vast majority of people.

military experience that will help him with national defense and foreign relations issues. She has political experience that will help him. And she is a smart, strong woman with an impressive background. Her views on the issues are common sense.

She's probably the best choice I've seen so far. At least he has the foresight not to give it to Sarah Palin or something.

~Tenth
edit on 7/4/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join