It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Five Verses in Genesis Chapter One Expounded

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: 2tellthetruth
Absolutely nothing is new in Satan's kingdom, everything is recycled over and over and over again. Same symbols just with new names. ... ancient Babylonian mystery religions.

Talking about that subject of Babylon and that area (a.k.a. Chaldea and later Persia):

“The shape of the [two-beamed cross] had its origin in ancient Chaldea, and was used as the symbol of the god Tammuz (being in the shape of the mystic Tau, the initial of his name) in that country and in adjacent lands, including Egypt. By the middle of the 3rd cent. A.D. the churches had either departed from, or had travestied, certain doctrines of the Christian faith. In order to increase the prestige of the apostate ecclesiastical system pagans were received into the churches apart from regeneration by faith, and were permitted largely to retain their pagan signs and symbols. Hence the Tau or T, in its most frequent form, with the cross-piece lowered, was adopted to stand for the cross of Christ.”—An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words (London, 1962), W. E. Vine, p. 256.

“Various objects, dating from periods long anterior to the Christian era, have been found, marked with crosses of different designs, in almost every part of the old world. India, Syria, Persia and Egypt have all yielded numberless examples . . . The use of the cross as a religious symbol in pre-Christian times and among non-Christian peoples may probably be regarded as almost universal, and in very many cases it was connected with some form of nature worship.”—Encyclopædia Britannica (1946), Vol. 6, p. 753.

“It is strange, yet unquestionably a fact, that in ages long before the birth of Christ, and since then in lands untouched by the teaching of the Church, the Cross has been used as a sacred symbol. . . . The Greek Bacchus, the Tyrian Tammuz, the Chaldean Bel, and the Norse Odin, were all symbolised to their votaries by a cruciform device.”—The Cross in Ritual, Architecture, and Art (London, 1900), G. S. Tyack, p. 1.

“The cross in the form of the ‘Crux Ansata’ . . . was carried in the hands of the Egyptian priests and Pontiff kings as the symbol of their authority as priests of the Sun god and was called ‘the Sign of Life.’”—The Worship of the Dead (London, 1904), Colonel J. Garnier, p. 226.

“Various figures of crosses are found everywhere on Egyptian monuments and tombs, and are considered by many authorities as symbolical either of the phallus [a representation of the male sex organ] or of coition. . . . In Egyptian tombs the crux ansata [cross with a circle or handle on top] is found side by side with the phallus.”—A Short History of Sex-Worship (London, 1940), H. Cutner, pp. 16, 17; see also The Non-Christian Cross, p. 183.

“These crosses were used as symbols of the Babylonian sun-god, [See book], and are first seen on a coin of Julius Cæsar, 100-44 B.C., and then on a coin struck by Cæsar’s heir (Augustus), 20 B.C. On the coins of Constantine the most frequent symbol is [See book]; but the same symbol is used without the surrounding circle, and with the four equal arms vertical and horizontal; and this was the symbol specially venerated as the ‘Solar Wheel’. It should be stated that Constantine was a sun-god worshipper, and would not enter the ‘Church’ till some quarter of a century after the legend of his having seen such a cross in the heavens.”—The Companion Bible, Appendix No. 162; see also The Non-Christian Cross, pp. 133-141.

Of interest is this comment in the New Catholic Encyclopedia: “The representation of Christ’s redemptive death on Golgotha does not occur in the symbolic art of the first Christian centuries. The early Christians, influenced by the Old Testament prohibition of graven images, were reluctant to depict even the instrument of the Lord’s Passion.”—(1967), Vol. IV, p. 486.

Concerning first-century Christians, History of the Christian Church says: “There was no use of the crucifix and no material representation of the cross.”—(New York, 1897), J. F. Hurst, Vol. I, p. 366.

Does it really make any difference if a person cherishes a cross, as long as he does not worship it?

How would you feel if one of your dearest friends was executed on the basis of false charges? Would you make a replica of the instrument of execution? Would you cherish it, or would you rather shun it?

In ancient Israel, unfaithful Jews wept over the death of the false god Tammuz. Jehovah spoke of what they were doing as being a ‘detestable thing.’ (Ezek. 8:13, 14) According to history, Tammuz was a Babylonian god, and the cross was used as his symbol. From its beginning in the days of Nimrod, Babylon was against Jehovah and an enemy of true worship. (Gen. 10:8-10; Jer. 50:29) So by cherishing the cross, a person is honoring a symbol of worship that is opposed to the true God.

As stated at Ezekiel 8:17, apostate Jews also ‘thrust out the shoot to Jehovah’s nose.’ He viewed this as “detestable” and ‘offensive.’ Why? This “shoot,” some commentators explain, was a representation of the male sex organ, used in phallic worship. How, then, must Jehovah view the use of the cross, which, as we have seen, was anciently used as a symbol in phallic worship?

Source (besides the ones already listed in the quotations): Cross: Reasoning

Moloch was also sacrificed infants too.

The Persian Mazdayaznians influenced Judaism to become Monotheist and they condemned Asherah worship in the Temple but not outright until later.

YHVH is Baal, both are grandsons of El and both were married to Asherah and I guarantee that all they did was change the name.

It gets creepier because Baal is Nimrod, Bel, Osiris and Remphan/Saturn.

Which is why the Jews rock the HEXagram that=666 geometrically, NOT a Satanic number at all because he isn't the beast and has no connection to the number.

Solomon does though, and so does Saturn in Chaldean Gematria .

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DefeatDeceit888
Nimrod's wife is not Allah. Dumbest thing I ever heard.

Did someone really claim that (in one of the links or something)? That is funny. "Allah" is just the Arabic word for "God". It's about as unspecific and vague as the unnamed mysterious single-celled ancestor that evolutionists go on about. Well, maybe a little less.

I recommend to stop the video below at 2:44:

This video has more clues though (where Islamic teachers got some of their ideas from, their philosophies and theology):

Of course, there's also a part 1 with more background.
edit on 8-7-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: DefeatDeceit888
Nimrod's wife is not Allah. Dumbest thing I ever heard.

Did someone really claim that (in one of the links or something)? That is funny. "Allah" is just the Arabic word for "God". It's about as unspecific and vague as the unnamed mysterious single-celled ancestor that evolutionists go on about. Well, maybe a little less.

I recommend to stop the video below at 2:44:

This video has more clues though (where Islamic teachers got some of their ideas from, their philosophies and theologies):

Of course, there's also a part 1 with more background.

Yes it was NOTurTypical that said it.

Allah means The God like HaShem means The Name (allegedly). Shem has a bigger meaning than Name. " My name is Name' doesn't ring true to me. Shem is Mysterious.

He says 15 equally ridiculous statements a day and thinks he is a theological genius.

And odd combination.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DefeatDeceit888

I edited my post, autocorrect doesn't know Moloch I guess. And what I meant when I said it's not the star of David is that David didn't have any symbol like that, it has nothing to do with David. It's the star of Remphan. So I was correct, it's not David's star/symbol whatever, it has absolutely nothing to do with King David, I don't care what the Jews say.

You know so much about Islam huh? Tell me, what was going on at the Kaa'ba before Muhammad went to Mecca and destroyed 360 idols? Tell me also what was happening with the black stone before Muhammad, where was it?

Explain why the crescent moon and star/sun appear in every culture dating back to Babylon. Tell me, why is that?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DefeatDeceit888

YHVH is Baal, both are grandsons of El and both were married to Asherah and I guarantee that all they did was change the name.

Don't you remember what happened with Elijah on Mt. Carmel with him and the 450 prophets of Ba'al and 400 Prophetess of Asteroth? (1 Kings 18:16-45)

(post by DefeatDeceit888 removed for a manners violation)
(post by DefeatDeceit888 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You all have to get back on topic please this thread is about my expounding of the first five verse of Genesis one . Not you Baal worship junk or your own exposition on other chapters of Genesis.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
On the fourth day the luminaries were made, because God, who possesses foreknowledge created them in the pattern of a great mystery.

The three major bodies, earth, moon and sun symbolize the Trinity and the threefold nature of all. In like matter also the three days before the luminaries are types of the Trinity, of God his Word and his Wisdom.

Man (3) and woman (3) are created on the 6th day. The seventh day is for God's glory.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Theodosius
OffTopic

My OP is about my expounding the first five verses of Genesis nothing more and nothing less.
edit on 8-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
OffTopic

My OP is about my expounding the first five verses of Genesis nothing more and nothing less.

I didn't go past the first five. I expounded upon it.
edit on 8-7-2016 by Theodosius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

are you familiar with melchizedeks work?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
[snip]

Luminaries weren't made in the first five verses of Genesis

The sun moon and stars were not mentioned in the first five verses of Genesis.

Man and woman were not created in the first five verses of Genesis.

So you want to lie one more time.
edit on 8-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2016 by spacedoubt because: ********CEASE discussing banned member incarnations in thread. Alert is your friend.********

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I am not sure which melchizedeks work you are referring too.

But link to it and I will look at it.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

its called a "genesis pattern" or basically sacred geometry. the verses regarding moving upon the water and such are mentioned specifically 10 minutes or so in.

(post by Theodosius removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

It was interesting. I have seen and heard similar in the past and at one time believed some of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join