It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

How To Be Inconsistent For Dummies.

page: 1

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:34 AM
Advocate for drug decriminalization whilst also advocating for gun restrictions/bans.

Ignore your own religions death counts, wars started, sins hidden, etc - while pointing at others.

Say you will vote for Mr. Anti-Corruption who will not take money from wall street, but if he doesn't win, you will vote for the embodiment of corruption.

Take a stance against abortion - Also take a stance against social programs/benefits/aid.

Talk about law-abiding citizens, and keeping their gun rights followed by talking about criminals and keeping them out of bathrooms.

Tell everyone you have a gay/black/trans/etc friend to ensure people know that you are not bigoted - Proceed with your bigoted post.

Make sure to ignore all inconvenient parallels between those things you advocate for, and those you fight against.

Ignore statistics and science and only watch the news, proceed to tell everyone you have a more educated view on things.

Write a post about inconsistencies and provide no other feedback, solutions, etc.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:46 AM
a reply to: deadlyhope
Being against abortion and against welfare isn't being inconsistent. These are two separate matters. One has to deal with the life of an individual. The other has to do with a program or set of programs that promote laziness. Welfare should have more limits in terms of time and there should be drug tests.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:29 AM
Every choice you make you decide which side of the fence your on , unless you decide to sit on the fence .

Iike me I didn't mind gays or migrants , now I like them less and less , same with Muslims and white supremacist , and the BLM people .
I see it like there all in a swimming pool splashing for attention , while I'm sat around the edge of a pool , relaxing and yawning thinking , there enough sun beds for everyone , cut the drama . CHILL OUT

edit on 4-7-2016 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:53 AM
a reply to: ksiezyc

Saying someone absolutely has to have a kid, then refusing to give any aid towards that end is inconsistent.

Have a baby - Even if the baby starves to death, or you end up raising a child in a home you knew would not be fit for a child.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:06 PM
Abortion should be allowed for cases of rape, incest and/or danger to the life of the mother. It is possible to reduce chances of pregnancy to 0.02% rather easily. In other cases you can give up for adoption or work hard.

No inconsistencies, just things you don't like or agree with.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:14 PM

I think ksiezyc is talking about personal responsibility. I know it's a crazy concept these days.

I agree that abortion should be legal and available, however I don't want my taxpayer money paying for some stupid bimbo who is having her 4th abortion because she's too stupid to keep her legs closed.

But I am also aware that my taxpayer money is wasted in greater quantities on a lot more BS. So it's not that important to me.

Otherwise, I very much agree with your OP.

I admit to being inconsistent too.

I disagree with homosexuality, but I fully support lesbians.
For me the constitution states that all are created equally, and gay equality isn't going to result in people having gay butt sex on my couch. So they should be able to do whatever makes them happy. I don't care, just stay off my couch, unless they're hot lesbians, then my couch is always available.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:25 PM
a reply to: watchitburn

It comes down to understanding human nature.

Drugs, guns, abortions, alcohol.. Are all things many people want, look at what happens when things are banned, against the law, etc.

Washington DC with its insane gun crime - guns are banned.
Prohibition and it's lessons about alcohol.
The war on drugs and how other nations combat this war by... Legalizing or decriminalizing drugs.

Abortions follow the trend. Ban them, and you'll see underground practices, you'll see wire hanger instances, and just a lot of bad things. I'm not judging the people, though - I'm judging the restriction.

Want less numbers of abortions? Legalize it across the board, and spend pennies on the dollar providing girls with the pill or guys with condoms.

Or, we can have it the conservatives way - ban something, allow it to create a huge black market and major problems, including statistically raising the occurrence of the actions they disprove of.

I'm libertarian mostly for the record. Freedom without restrictions. Leave people alone unless they are literally causing you harm like you're being assaulted or you're being robbed.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:20 PM
WHO ARE YOU CALLING A DUMMY??? Thats tres douchey!
edit on 4-7-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:36 PM

Always advocate for individual rights and freedoms.

Too many get their ideologies from political leaders without developing their own ideology.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:35 PM
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's basically what being libertarian is.

Smaller government, more freedom.

It's like organized anarchy.
Anarchy isn't as realistic though because so many people need structure to function, in my opinion.
So libertarian is the next best thing.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:39 PM

Anarchy is not respecting that others have the same rights as you do.
Libertarians do respect the rights of others.

new topics