posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:11 AM
A isolationist or non-interventionist policy for the US would be a bad thing from both an economic and security perspective. The world is has less
people under arms than ever. This is because the idea invading and annexing a nation is an alien concept with US foreign policy backed by the power
of the US military. You take the US out of the equation what happens?
1. Global conventional arms race. Without the US backing of it treaties with neatly 100 nations those nations will suddenly feel vulnerable and begin
to arm up. That in turn will cause other nations in those regions to also begin military expansions. You would see most of the world turned into an
2. US would need to expand military. First lets start with the myth that a large percentage of US forces are in other countries. The are not. You
will find at least 80% of our active forces within in US territory, even during the peak of Iraq and Afghanistan 75% of our forces were within US
territory. So no money will be saved by "bringing home the troops" Now after the global arms race we are left with nations that have much much larger
Armies, Air Forces and Navies around the world. And since the US will now only be fighting wars on its territory later instead of earlier when
threats are smaller in somebody else s territory the US military will need to expand to keep up with the new World.
3. Global Nuclear arms race. Without the US nuclear umbrella protecting most of the World dozens of nations would go nuclear nearly over night.
Within a couple decades most of Asia, Europe, Mid East and South America would be filled with nuclear powers. And that is the ultimate nightmare fore
4. Dancing to somebody else s tune. With the world dominated by other powers would control key supply lines, resources, and trade the US could be
required to do so things to maintain certain vital resources like oil or thing like the 17 critical minerals that the US 100% dependent on other
nations for. Say nations tell us whom we can have foreign ties to, or what laws we need to change to fit their morals etc. We push democracy and
human rights on other nations, what would the new world powers push on us? End region? Socialism? Sharia law? Who knows?
5. Fighting big wars on out soil instead of small wars on other people. Something we learned from WW1 and WW2 is when the US is not involved early
things will continue to spin out of control and what was once a problem that could have been solved with a smaller conflict earlier ends up sucking
you into a big conflict later.
The world without the US policing it would quickly become a very dangerous one for everybody.