It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

myATS???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Is it just me? The last two days whenever I click on 'myATS' I get a server maintenance page and 'come back in a couple hours'.

Is this just me, or is something else going on?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
No problems here

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
None here either. I live on MyATS and I haven't seen a thing. Can you take a screen cap?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Yes, I've been getting exactly the same thing. I was going to start a thread myself later if nothing changed.
Unfortunately MyATS is my usual bookmark, so I thought the site was unavailable, and spent hours trying to get back in.
Eventually I noticed that the Twitter account was still running, got back in by one of those threads, and discovered that every other page was working normally. It was rather disconcerting to find that nobody else had even noticed any downtime.

I can find other ways of getting to favourite forums, but the function "Latest posts on subscribed threads" is absolutely vital to the monitoring of my own threads. It's very inconvenient to have to manage without it.

P.S. The two members so far reporting "no problem" are both American residents. I think the OP is Australian? I wonder if this is affecting whatever server/s deal with "offshore" members.

edit on 4-7-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

No, I'm a US resident, Colorado.

Jaymp...I can't really post a screen shot, but the screen which comes up says..

"Too many connections" in black letters at the left of the page about half way down.

In the center at the top it says.."our servers are undergoing maintenance. We apologize for this interruption."
Next line says "Please try again in a couple hours"
Third line is a larger ATS logo with 'abovetopsecret.com' below that, and then 'Deny Ignorance' below that.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I've been getting this for about the last 48 hours or so.

I use myATS as a bookmark also, so it kind of bites trying to get back to the threads I'm participating in without it.

edit on 7/4/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
P.S. The two members so far reporting "no problem" are both American residents. I think the OP is Australian? I wonder if this is affecting whatever server/s deal with "offshore" members.

Speaking as an Australian, all of my ATS pages are working perfectly, including the specific myATS page.

edit on 4 7 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

In the center at the top it says.."our servers are undergoing maintenance. We apologize for this interruption."
Next line says "Please try again in a couple hours"
Third line is a larger ATS logo with 'abovetopsecret.com' below that, and then 'Deny Ignorance' below that.

I am getting all this too (and the last two lines have a faint upside-down echo making fourth and fifth lines).

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Exactly...same screen.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jaymp

I'm sorry but your avatar made me laugh hard.

Oh the topic? Nope. No problem here.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The weird part is, every now and then myATS will work (about one time in ten attempts). Like just now, I refreshed the server maintenance page and myATS came up.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Brilliant! I've just followed your example, and it worked for me too.

P.S. It may be necessary to keep our fingers crossed, but it does look as though the one refresh has solved the problem.

edit on 4-7-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
For me sometimes its very slow to load

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci things are working most excellent in my area too

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
"Too many connections" in black letters at the left of the page about half way down.
In firefox you can put "about:config" in the URL line and "enter" and you get a warning that you have to promise to be careful, meaning don't change anything if you don't know what you're doing.

Then you can type "connection" in the search box to bring up connection parameters only.

I have a setting for "network.http.max-connections-per-server" and if I was having your problem I'd check that number and if it was a big number, I'd try making it smaller. Mine is set at 15 and I've had no problems like you describe about "too many connections", but I don't have the latest Firefox because it doesn't display right for me, so I'm not sure if the latest Firefox still has that setting.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Problem seems resolved now.

myATS is working fine.

top topics

join