It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Trump supporters believe the crap they use to justify supporting him?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: lortl

Its called cognitive dissonace.

It was on full display during the Bush years as he trampled the Constitution, increased spending, increased debt and expanded the size of government.

originally posted by: lortl

It's like those who are anti abortion are pro death penalty. It's frustrating, just be honest rather than performing elaborate acrobatics to justify YOUR candidate while slamming the opposition.

There is zero moral equivalency between taking the life of an unborn baby vs the death penalty for a convicted murderer.

If anything, I'd say the Left's position is inconsistent: its ok to take the life of an unborn child but wrong to take the life of a convicted murderer...

Anyway while I agree with the death penalty on principle, I no longer support it due to the corruption in the "judicial" system.

edit on 4-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Oh boy. I love reading the rantings of children up way past their bedtime. Like Tech said, good luck with your thread. I'll flag this one just to amuse myself with your antics.

+3 more 
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

That is the only reason I would vote for Trump.

No one really likes him, but he pisses off all the right people and the alternative is Hilary. Both of those reasons are all I need...I don't have to like him.

link   
So long as these types hate him.move away ,etc ,he will get more popular as we get closer.
THEIR own worst enemy here is a rather clear illustration of it.
'I know I am but what are YOU " arguments and the like with the depth of rain puddles.
The really bias ones struggle to understand me.I'd try to figure it out but I take as no loss.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

So do you expect to be taken SRSLY when you use the term SJW, Libtard, terrorist muslim supporter, traitor etc?

Do you expect to be taken seriously with that tripe ?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
someone is confused

Trump's biggest appeal to many supporters is the fact that he has leaned left on social issues in the past and still does. Many people don't want to vote for bible thumping republicans, but they are at least smart enough not to vote for the filth which is currently being pushed by the Democrats. Many Trump supporters would vote 3rd party but unfortunately, the media won't push those parties at all so it's harder to get the manipulated masses on board.

If Trump is a hypocrite, how do we describe someone like Hillary Clinton? If Trump is delusional, how do we describe someone like Sanders?

Anyways, you can't reason with most liberals. They don't vote on real issues. They vote on "social issues". Makes it easy for the DNC to take advantage of them.
edit on 4-7-2016 by VivreLibre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I believe SJW is legitimate as it's a proper term and one that's self described. Traitor in certain contexts, for instance any american citizen who radicalizes and attacks as some islamist is a traitor, the other terms I don't use, what else do you have?

america currently sits at a big fat zero for american citizens radicalized by wahhabism, if you're pointing to the new yorker who shot up a bar in oregon, he frequented bars and practiced homosexuality, neither popular in any form of islam, had never visited the middle east let alone received hands on training from a terrorist and only declared he was doing it for isis, while actually shooting the place up, if that equals being radicalized, good luck.
calling him a traitor, in this case is yourself, being a SJW.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I believe SJW is legitimate as it's a proper term and one that's self described. Traitor in certain contexts, for instance any american citizen who radicalizes and attacks as some islamist is a traitor, the other terms I don't use, what else do you have?

america currently sits at a big fat zero for american citizens radicalized by wahhabism,if you're pointing to the new yorker who shot up a bar in oregon, he frequented bars and practiced homosexuality, neither popular in any form of islam, had never visited the middle east let alone received hands on training from a terrorist and only declared he was doing it for isis, while actually shooting the place up, if that equals being radicalized, good luck.
calling him a traitor, in this case is yourself, being a SJW.

good ol english liberal logic, coming from the guy who actually came into the ORLANDO THREAD and claimed it was a christian terrorist as some kind of sick #ing joke, listen here, and listen good, you and I do not see eye to eye, yes people have been radicalized, wahhabism is not the only radical form of Islam, salafists,literalists, pretty much anyone who hard lines the hadith and the sunna, stop spreading complete and utter lies, anyone with even a slight education in these matters, see's right through your attempts here. Yes a citizen who pledges allegiance to a Islamist group and is found with Islamist propaganda on his computer, and who goes and kills our fellow citizens is by definition a traitor. If you want to call me an SJW go ahead, I am an atheist and I don't like religion, but some of your weirdness regarding Christians - especially how you behaved in the recent Islamist attack thread rubbed me the wrong way.

trai·tor
ˈtrādər/
noun
a person who betrays a friend, country, principle, etc.
edit on 4-7-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Your name lortl is an anagram for troll.
New account.
Inflammatory thread in the mud pit.
Yeah doesn't take CSI to see it.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: aeroslag
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I think things like trade, jobs, and immigration are what people like about him. Plus the fact that he can talk without being fully scripted via a teleprompter.

He's also one of the few (if only) billionaires to run for office. People must see that as a strong quality in a leader (running successful businesses and negotiating trade deals, etc).

I've watched dozens of trump rallies over the last year, and he pretty much says the same things every time (things like China being a currency manipulator, the wall, etc). Like any politician he does specify things specific to the people he is talking to (ie: talking about coal/mining jobs in coal/mining country).

I'm personally still on the fence with Trump, well, because I don't trust anybody

You mean Mr. Trump saying the first thing that comes to His mind? You realize that a majority of politicos use a teleprompter ? It is either that or a piece of paper that has their speech written on it. 'Many' don't like the fact that they NEED to wear reading glasses for smaller type so they opt for the teleprompter so as they don't look 'weak' wearing glasses.
I'd opine that anyone here at ATS™, and I mean ANYBODY, could also be a Billionaire if'n We started out w/a Billion and if We took a gamble and that LOST We could do a BANKRUPTCY or 5 (FIVE).
This is akin to playing BlackJack and betting $500.00 and even though You have 18 or 19 and the Dealer is showing a 10 value card; You continue to say "Hit" and then if You bust, the PitBoss will just put Your $500.00 back...

Will Mr. Trump have the Chinese build The Wall? I mean they have the experience or will He just get a bunch of Romanians from His hotels to do the work? Wait He is ALL for 'immigration reform' (Just for edification: "Immigration Reform" doesn't mean what most think it does. It means to get MORE foreign workers in the USA so as to not having to pay them as much to make more profits, it isn't to provide more jobs to folks who are from here...

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Well, I really don't use anything to "justify" supporting him; at this point in the cycle there is absolutely no alternative. I am not of the school of "I won't vote" and leave my country on auto-pilot, so until there is a viable alternaive, looks like it will be Mr. Trump for me. Disclaimer: I still have my fingers crossed that after the conventions BOTH parties have reasonable candidates moved into position (or Gary Johnson can get enough traction to at least get into the national debates where those that don't follow anything but the talking heads on the TV). Not really a fan of the two party systems, but of the two parties currently in the mainstream, and their two current presumptive candidates, only the GOP offers a reasonable option. It is unfortunate that most can't see the reason the GOP campaign has so many issues is because of the total lack of "establishment" experience.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I always find it interesting to read those that want change stick to the same BS, I have been around and I believe this will be my 10th president, and time have changed but here are some questions to ask yourself.

All those freebies the democrats want for us and tell us we should get, "WHO is really paying for it, those that are working are"

Why is Washington establishment afraid of letting someone like Trump in, is he going to break the Status Crow?

How can Clinton be ever be president, If I was under investigation I would not be even considered for a job, I think most of us on an application have seen the phrase like "Are you or have you been charged with a Federal Crime".

And her past history of Lying which all started back in Arkansas with the Savings and loan scandal.

foreign policies, why should we flip the bill for everything, let some of those other countries help out, it just goes to show you when the US need a hand during Katrina only a few other nations step in to help.

Immigration, needs to be done legally, not lets just let them in because they are refugees, example of this done poorly, back in the 80"s Cubans were coming in, we the people started to settle them through out the US some kind family's brought them into there homes, but guess what some of those people were killed because they were being kind to criminals that Cuba got rid of.

Lets make it harder on the us work force by making the EPA rules tougher, its great to be environmental sound, but when the government set unrealistic standards companies will either fold up (lead Plant in Mississippi) or leave the US and Americans that were hard working are now out of work

If I look at the Candidates and they say " I will Create Jobs", last I look they don't create jobs the private sector does, and there is only one candidate left that really does and has created jobs.

Personally I'm tired of giving my hard earned money to other countries, refuges, programs that don't work, Pork Spending, and to pay the wages of those oxygen thief's in DC, government is to big to many agencies, why is that? Companies are always stream lining themselves to me more productive and profitable but not the US Government, they don't care about us and the spending because its not their money, its ours.

edit on 4-7-2016 by 19KTankCommander because: sp

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Bankruptcy, how many people and companies in the US use this daily, because the law says they can, would you not if you had to, sometimes it only takes 1 accident to throw a household into bankruptcy.

I read the report about Trump hiring Illegals to work for him, actually it was not him, it was a subcontractor, Trump got wind of some poor working conditions and went to see for himself and he found out what was going on, he fired the subcontractor but honored the contract with the foreign workers that came from Poland, once the work was completed they all went home, can't call them illegal because they were here on a work Visa.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20940387]gladtobehere[/postThere is zero moral equivalency between taking the life of an unborn baby vs the death penalty for a convicted murderer.]

Moral equivalency is a interesting way of putting it, here we are talking about a convicted murderer, what about the family's that had to suffer for the loss of a loved on while this murders actions were of no concern to him at the time. But wait.....lets put him in jail for the rest of his life, educated him, feed him, give him internet and tv, so he will have a better life than most Americans do, and he is not thinking about what he did, while the family's live on in pain, no we need to just thin out all the convicted murders, so this way others will be reminded that commit murder, you loose your life, and lets make it a lot shorter none of this 20 years after the murder.

Abortion, the only Moral equivalency to this is the mother, she is the one that has to deal with it, but I am a guy and I really don't have a say in it, unless it was my child, but I believe the women should have right to abort if it is because of medical condition, incest and or Rape.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
OP has bailed. Which is typical for trolls who've had their ass handed to them.

On Topic - Ok, OP. I'll Play. Tell me, why should I support Hillary or Sanders over Trump? Or are you suggesting we just don't vote? Sanders plans are unworkable so I won't waste time on him and Clinton...ah Clinton. The woman who began her political career by getting kicked out of Watergate for an ethics violation. Do you get the irony of that? Or are you too young to even know what Watergate was? From your text abbreviations, I'd say you are.
A woman who has done nothing for this country and has shown time and time again, she will sell out to the highest bidder. the other 2 are not talking about jobs or immigration, just more of the same old PC bullsh**.

edit on 4-7-2016 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Wow, I can see your last account did not work out so well so you made a new one with the same attitude.

Maybe you will figure it out with your next account.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Your title should read..............Do Trump/Hillary supporters believe the crap they use to justify supporting them?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
Well ... if I was American ... I wouldn't care what Donald Trump says.

I'd just vote for him to annoy people like you.

That's about 50% of the reason why I voted to leave EU. To annoy the noisy, agree-or-die 'mainstream opinion' holders. If the world burns along the way, well I'm fine with that as long as you're burning too!

This type of mentality is why we can't have anything good. Sometimes I wish the old and bitter losers could just shut up and let people with dreams alone instead of being negative about it and actually work against people with dreams. Just like the guy that says ''it will fail'' and then make sure that it does. It's a losers, disgusting, regressive, selfish, stupid, destructive mentality and there is absolutely nothing to be proud about it.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Law #31 from the 48 Laws of Power...

Control the Options: Get Others to Play with the Cards you Deal

The best deceptions are the ones that seem to give the other person a choice: Your victims feel they are in control, but are actually your puppets. Give people options that come out in your favor whichever one they choose. Force them to make choices between the lesser of two evils, both of which serve your purpose. Put them on the horns of a dilemma: They are gored wherever they turn.

When are people going to wake up and realize that Trump and Hillary are two cards from the same deck?

edit on 4-7-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
His biggest appeal is that every politician lies to get elected. Trump isn't a career politician. Since the chance to elect a non-politician rarely presents itself, it's worth giving Donald Trump a shot.

Plus, Hillary hasn't really done anything, other than oversee things already in existence. She hasn't built anything... except maybe some of Chelsea's Lego toys a couple of decades ago.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join