It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Red Light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I was six years old and it was Christmas eve. I had gotten up to potty as most kids do at night then went back to bed in the room me and my mom shared. I remember as I was dozing off seeing a faint red light outside my second floor window. As a little kid I told everyone that Rudolf was out side my window that night after all it was Christmas. Years later around the age of 11 I stopped believing in Santa and that sort of thing. Just last year I remembered that night and became frightened, I knew it was no magical reindeer then but then what was it? What was that glowing red light outside my window on the second floor? Why had I never seen it before that or after that? Was it a dream? Why did it seem so real? Every now and then I think of that night and roll those questions in my head non stop but I never have an answer, it scares me of what it could have been. It was most likely nothing more than a small kid's imagination but it fills me with dread to think of it.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: HextiraRipply

Interesting memory, there! Oddly, after reading this, I can recall a time I'd swear I heard sleigh bells one Christmas Eve, also when young enough to remember. In that case, as I recall, ,the sound was from outside, and I think all the adults were inside, but I can't be sure. With your light, on the second floor, not much chance of that being an adult! Very odd!

Do you recall whether or not it looked close? Wondering if some sort of aircraft light is a possibility.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

It was right out my window only a few feet away.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Parents do weird things to convince their kids Santa is real. While it could have been something totally mundane, it also could have been something bizarre, or it could have been your parents trying to keep you innocent as long as possible. When my brother was 3 (and yes, he was naughty at that age) my family wrapped up fake reindeer poop for his Xmas Eve present to give him a lesson on being nice. He was very upset by this, and I was furious on his behalf. I still get mad thinking about it haha
Shaking bells and claiming to hear the reindeer on the roof are very common. I've never heard of using a red light before but I would believe it. Also it could have been a weird reflection of someone's Xmas lights.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

maybe it could have been a refection but i don't recall having red lights (mom hates red) or anyone for that fact , but it was 100% not my mom as i mentioned we were on the second floor and my mom was in bed in the room we shared.
edit on 7 4 16 by HextiraRipply because: because i wanted to

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Perhaps my brother and I were too suspicious of how Santa entered our house because we didn't have a chimney. One Christmas morning we woke to deer prints and sleigh tread leading all the way up our snow covered asphalt driveway.

Sometimes my Dad went deer hunting with his work buddies and one particular year he must have saved the hooves from a carcass. All I can think of is he must have sat on a sled and propelled himself along with the hooves... or ?

In regard to red lights, you can see them any time of year. They seem to stay with certain people over time and they appear to be benevolent. The first time I saw mine it was right outside my window too, descending. It was a trip.
edit on 4-7-2016 by hurdygurdy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
A child's mind in a wonderful thing.
My mother told me that when I was very young, I said to her " I remember when I was a old man, I had another family." and told her some details about my other life.
She said she can still remember her skin getting goose bumps after me saying that.

I also remember becoming really scared of Pinocchio.
Back when I was a little kid, parents would always leave the kids in the car as they ran inside to a store to quickly grab something. But I can still remember it started to get dark out, my mother and grandma pulled into the markets parking lot and said they would be right back. They just had to grab something. I must have been 5 or 6 at the time.

Stupid as it sounds, I remember looking into the alley beside the store and seeing Pinocchio emerge and walk in front of the store and come up to the car and look in at me.
For some reason, I was not scared at all. I was actually happy to see him.
He waved and then left. I was so excited to see him, that when my mother came back to the car I immediately started telling her who I just seen. Her and my grandma tried telling me that Mr P was just a cartoon and not real. But I swore up and down I was telling her the truth. Heck I can still see it in my mind and the memory is still very real.
I got in trouble for making up stories and that night was told the story of the boy who cried wolf.

I remember being really mad and frustrated because they didn't believe me that I seen him.
After a while I started becoming scared of Pinocchio and wouldn't watch the movie anymore or look at any of my books with him in it. In fact to this day, I still get creeped out by him.

My adult mind says it was just me passing the time using my imagination. The childhood memory in me says otherwise.
Like I said - A child's mind is a beautiful thing.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hurdygurdy
I had never seen a red light like that ever and not since that time. It just hovering outside the window. I've seen white floating lights on the other hand since I was little. My great great granny told my mother entities followed me before she died when I was just a baby and my family just chopped it up just that she was crazy from old age.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HextiraRipply
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

It was right out my window only a few feet away.

So no way that was an aircraft or tower or something of that sort! Very creepy! I'd say a dream, but I have some weird memories from childhood as well, and that explanation doesn't fit when you know you were awake! No idea what to make of this. One light, not two, so not eyes. Very odd.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HextiraRipply

verry interesting

top topics

join