It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Following Brexit, Celebrating the 4th of July is Politically inCorrect Bigotry

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
Speak from the heart? Go to the Shed I asked for your presence. I want to know what you mean by "speak from the heart". In the Shed though.
edit on 3-7-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
At least you guys got out of there. At least you have actual elections.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Nope. Sorry. I've got some technically illegal fireworks and a lovely menu planned. We're going to party and help the rest of KC sound like a warzone just like every year.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
On this page now, if we could no longer talk about t-shirts, that would be great. Especially t-shirts that might hurt somebody's feelings. That would be un-PC!

link   

So...F*** the USA bad? LOL Ok.

It's a song

edit on 3-7-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Class B (brown paper wrapper baby)!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

So...F*** the USA bad? LOL Ok.

That would USA Shame people and therefore that's bigotry.

Got it? Good!
edit on 3-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Actually I do have it

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Can anyone learn a new word besides "bigot?" It's so overused. a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheCretinHop

You might call England and tell all of those folks that.

Their phone books are all online now.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
I am probably missing the deeper meaning behind your post — hey, it happens to everyone from time to time — but political correctness is a cancer on this Earth. Western civilisation will fall if this cancer is allowed to grow unchecked.

Wow! You give political correctness an awful lot of power!

I don't get what is so terrifying about people who are offended by the things other people say. Are they really that scary??

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

You're not allowed to hurt my feelings sir!

I'm bent on growing up having no "thick skin", having no ability to stand up for myself in any stratosphere, for not being strong enough mentally to 'fight' if I need to, to not have any hope of being strong in the an highly competitive professional world, not "building character", and so on (reasons I might be offended by).

If you hurt my feelings you might enhance my evolution over conquering all of that.

edit on 4-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

That's exactly it! That's why I don't understand all of the people so offended by the "PC types." I mean, I scoff at them, even though I'm probably naturally non-offensive to most, but I'm not scared of them, or offended by them. Let them be fragile and affected by what others say. Who cares? Leave 'em in the dust.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Well, they can label me however they want, and kiss my rebel grits! I am American, which means freedom, and I don't need anyone's approval to celebrate that. Any that don't like it can stay away from our celebrations. When overseas, didn't actually see anyone offended by the 4'th of July celebrations, either!

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
A celebration of independence is a good celebration, indeed.

I raise my pint to my blood across the pond.

...here's to ya.
edit on 00AMAMR-05:00-0500 by HAARPO because: Grammer, that's why.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Sadly, the America we were meant to celebrate doesn't exist anymore. I am with my British brothers. I want my country back from the sniveling special interest groups and Globalist scum.

The problem I see is that this is exactly what the Globalists want. They are destroying national pride and sovereignty with PC culture, illegal immigration and stupidity.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Seriously, what is wrong with America when it is illegal to blow up some crap to celebrate your 'freedom'? We can't even celebrate because fireworks are illegal and we might hurt ourselves.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I don't get what is so terrifying about people who are offended by the things other people say. Are they really that scary??

The killing of Socrates, The Inquisition, the Nazis, the long history of banned and burned works, the witch trials, the burning of Giordano Bruno, the jailing of Galileo, the Charlie Hebdo murderers, the Gulag, gives us good reason to fear people who get offended by what others say.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Well, happy independence day to all you lot over the pond.
As I understand it, the fight was to be free of the tyranny of the King, rather than actual animosity against the people of Britain.

I've never managed to get offended by the whole thing anyway. Anyone who does must have deeper issues.

Remember the words of those great American philosophers...You gotta fight, for your right, to party!

(On a side note, I was out in Cheltenham the other day and already the EU flags have been replaced by the George Crosses and Union flags...even the Messier Dowty Bugatti place has got rid of their EU flag...There definitely is something at work with these supranational organisations and their pressure to destroy national identity).

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Crap, sorry Britain. I micro aggressed you by being American.

Don't worry though I have nothing to be patriotic about

Maybe if we crush the Saudi royals into oblivion I'll have something to be proud of

By god if that happens then maybe, just maybe, you WILL have something to be proud of! Till then, more public flagellation please! And in the meantime, we can figure out something else for folks to whine about if and when that happens.

@ OP - if they or anybody else feels triggered, I suspect it's mostly because we did a Brexit it before it was cool and they're jealous

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join