It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM Toronto Halts Pride Parade, Forces Director to Sign Document Agreeing to Group's Demands.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
And the guy actually signed that #? How spineless of him. I would have kept the parade halted all day if I had to, I'm not going to give into someones strong-arming bull#.

BLM is a joke, they aren't fighting for anything close to equality. I can't help but think that a movement that had good intentions to start with has been hijacked by extremists who's only interest is to make themselves feel superior to other people.
edit on 7/3/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Never heard of him before, but from that clip you posted it looks like he isn't afraid to criticize and call out the issues BLM should be focused on if they really cared about black lives.

I can understand why some people might be offended, sometimes the truth hurts.

edit on 3-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why there would be any kind of Black Lives Matter movement in Toronto, Canada ? First I've heard of anything "BLM" up here.

I could see maybe a Native Lives Matter movement happening in Canada, but a Black Lives Matter movement ??

I'm baffled on that one...

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Looks like all the progress blacks have fought for over the decades is being undone by many of their own and in rather short order too.

Pretty soon all blacks are going to find themselves at the back of the bus again and they'll have no one to blame but themselves.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Yeah they are there, sadly.
Not long ago they protested outside City Hall and premier Wynn came out to meet with them.
I believe the meeting failed in the end for whatever reason.

As for Native Lives Matter, please don't give them any ideas.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

BLM is going to create an atmosphere of hate and then they'll be able to justify their activism because people hate them.

What they'll fail to realize is that people will hate their activism and not their skin color.

BLM is doing more harm for the Social Justice movement than anyone else ever could.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

BLM leadership is completely void of intellect.

Its astonishingly hilarious and unbelievably sad at the same time.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

No black gays in Toronto?

Wtf?

Why didn't they just join in the parade instead of stopping it if they wanted the attention.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

originally posted by: Metallicus

The special interest snowflakes are competing with each other over face time. I guess it is hard to find someone who isn't tired of their agendas. I know I am tired of the whining by both groups.

And then there's the heroes who take to the message boards to whine about "whiners" who aren't even whining.

BLM is a moronic hate group full of entitled brats. Toronto's pride events are the exact opposite.

What exactly is the Toronto gay community "whining" about? Oh, right; nothing. That's you.

I didn't start this OP I was just giving my opinion so you could whine about me whining about people whining. I don't have any use for parade gays or the BLM...they all suck.

I am sick of EVERYONE which is the equality everyone seems to want.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Exactly. It's a Kafkaesque cycle where they create the very thing they are fighting against so they can justify their own existence.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
As usual we Canadians apologized to them and offered cheese with their whine.
edit on 3-7-2016 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Exactly. It's a Kafkaesque cycle where they create the very thing they are fighting against so they can justify their own existence.

They're just doing what our government is already doing.
edit on 3-7-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Shouldn't BLM be marching in the streets of Chicago? How many black lives have been lost there in the last week?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

This is just out of control.

The treatment of the LGBT community by Black Lives Matter is completely disgusting. It was bad enough when BLM activists hijacked the Orlando vigil to deliver a rant against white supremacy, now they are halting gay pride marches and forcing the organizers to sign pledges condoning their message of hate, division and regressive identity politics.

BLM has become a racially motivated agitator group. When is the MSM going to start talking about this instead of giving them a free pass? Nobody else could get away with this.

Thank you for posting this, Konduit. I understand you better now. The new avatar helps.

You are quite right. It's riff-raff being manipulated into rabble-rousers. Happens all the time. It's very sad and alarming.
The answer is twofold: Education and Parenting

F/S
edit on 7/3/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

I've got the movie!

Anyone like showtunes?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Shouldn't BLM be marching in the streets of Chicago? How many black lives have been lost there in the last week?

I'm not even sure they know what they're doing anymore. They seem to be a protest without a clue.

Right now it seems like they have to pull a Kanye at every event out there to try to stay relevant. It's like they're becoming the WBC of the protest world, disrupting everything just to keep themselves in the news and I'm not fully sure what their movement was mostly about in the first place since they stopped going after police and moved onto college compuses, then they started going after conservative speakers and Trump and now it seems they're marching on gays too?

What exactly is the coherent message in that beyond, "Hey! Look at me!"

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: rollanotherone

Never heard of him before, but from that clip you posted it looks like he isn't afraid to criticize and call out the issues BLM should be focused on if they really cared about black lives.

I can understand why some people might be offended, sometimes the truth hurts.

hehe I love Milo~

I really don't think any of these BLM, pc, sjw people care about anyones lives. They care about attention and special treatment and feeling morally superior in some way when really they are just a mob of scared fools following each other for fear of being outcast.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

The special interest snowflakes are competing with each other over face time. I guess it is hard to find someone who isn't tired of their agendas. I know I am tired of the whining by both groups.

And then there's the heroes who take to the message boards to whine about "whiners" who aren't even whining.

BLM is a moronic hate group full of entitled brats. Toronto's pride events are the exact opposite.

What exactly is the Toronto gay community "whining" about? Oh, right; nothing. That's you.

I didn't start this OP I was just giving my opinion so you could whine about me whining about people whining. I don't have any use for parade gays or the BLM...they all suck.

I am sick of EVERYONE which is the equality everyone seems to want.

It's amazing to me that people can manage to say such things without realizing just how correlated they are with the very stupidity that they are claiming to be against.

I'm personally sick of the rhetoric on this forum that coagulates rather benign circumstances involving childish behaviour into a huge issue that offends certain people's fragile sensibilities and somehow now you're a victim of bearing witness to it.

Somehow you've spun BLM highjacking a pride parade into "SJWs are self-destructing 'cause I'm right for not liking gay pride parades".

Astonishingly idiotic.

Fortunately you've found your own parade.

Enjoy the stars.
edit on 4-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I love watching the nutjobs on the regressive left eat each other alive. Normal every day people don't even need to do anything anymore, other than watch these ridiculous "movements" implode.

So much for all that "intersectionalism."

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I was there with my girlfriend watching majority of the parade. There was a lot of random out of place groups in there, BLM had groups strewed out throughout the event.
When they first came around with their largest group I didn't even know what to think, nothing about their little band and such had to do with pride at all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join