It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM Toronto Halts Pride Parade, Forces Director to Sign Document Agreeing to Group's Demands.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Black Lives Matter Toronto briefly halts Pride parade

Members of the Black Lives Matter Toronto group briefly halted the Pride parade today, holding up the marching for about 30 minutes.

The parade didn't re-start until after Pride Toronto executive director Mathieu Chantelois signed a document agreeing to the group's demands.

The organization was given the status of Honoured Group for the parade, which is the grand finale of Pride Month. It did not give Pride Toronto advance notice of their planned sit-in.

Alexandra Williams, a co-founder of Black Lives Matter Toronto, told CBC's Natasha Fatah that they held the sit-in because they wanted to hold Pride Toronto accountable for what she called "anti-blackness."

BLM activists yell "Shut it down" during Toronto Pride parade.

This is just out of control.

The treatment of the LGBT community by Black Lives Matter is completely disgusting. It was bad enough when BLM activists hijacked the Orlando vigil to deliver a rant against white supremacy, now they are halting gay pride marches and forcing the organizers to sign pledges condoning their message of hate, division and regressive identity politics.

BLM has become a racially motivated agitator group. When is the MSM going to start talking about this instead of giving them a free pass? Nobody else could get away with this.

edit on 3-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Konduit

These people are absolute failures at life.

+32 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

The special interest snowflakes are competing with each other over face time. I guess it is hard to find someone who isn't tired of their agendas. I know I am tired of the whining by both groups.

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The absolute trash and refuse of society. They contribute nothing and demand everything. Their demands don't even make sense, and what does make sense is alarmingly racist. Their Propaganda is a laughable mix of lies, extreme spin and incitement of hatred.

What a joke of a political movement.
edit on -050007pm7kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The special interest snowflakes are competing with each other over face time. I guess it is hard to find someone who isn't tired of their agendas. I know I am tired of the whining by both groups.

And then there's the heroes who take to the message boards to whine about "whiners" who aren't even whining.

BLM is a moronic hate group full of entitled brats. Toronto's pride events are the exact opposite.

What exactly is the Toronto gay community "whining" about? Oh, right; nothing. That's you.
edit on 3-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I've got popcorn.

Who's got the butter?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Metallicus

I'm getting tired of everyone's whining to be honest. It seems like everyone is just begging for hurt feelings this political season. The Left, The Right and everyone in between. We all just need to shut the hell up and learn to live with one another.

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

What BLM doesn't understand is that you cannot demand that people like blacks.

You have to behave yourselves and it'll happen naturally.

Bah, whatever. They'll either figure it out or they won't.

In the meantime, yeah why not hassle LGBT folks.

Makes sense.

+35 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Anti-blackness.

An excellent excellent play on words to push their anti-whiteness agenda.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

So, you're whining about other people whining. (J/K). That seems to be the common response around here though.

Is Twitter the only source for this? That's what the OP's link is attributed to. Either way, I find what the BLM movement is doing is moronic. They'd rather protest at rallies that have nothing to do with racism instead of going into urban areas and protesting the black on black crimes and deaths of their own people by their own people's hands (handguns).

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

I got cheese powder. Here..[ throws packet ]

On Topic - Seriously? Stops the parade to sign a pledge? If I were at the head of that parade, I'd have told them to stick it and kept on marching. BLM is this close to being just as bad as the New Black Panthers, with their hate speech and forcing people to agree to their demands. Someone is going to wind up dead because of their tactics and then we'll see the real BLM.
edit on 3-7-2016 by DAVID64 because: typo

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Take almost everything BLM says and replace the word white with any other color, and it practically becomes the KKK.

What's ironic about BLM is the fact that they are now the ones calling for racial segregation. They repeatedly call for black-only dorms at universities, black-only schools, black-only media and even black-only communities... it's like living in some sort of bizarro world.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Priceless..both trying to out shine who is more important....

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

They don't really help anyone's cause out much running around being a bunch of arsses.

Message gets lost in all the stupid they do. They really want to do some good start by getting leadership in their ranks that is willing to fight for humans of all races.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Why would the Black Lesbian Movement want to crash a pride parade?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Tarzan the apeman.

start by getting leadership in their ranks that is willing to fight for humans of all races.

But that would go directly counter to everything they stand for. They don't want equal rights for all races or lifestyles. Just blacks and even then, only blacks that affirm their rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I wouldn't count on it. According to the co-founder of BLM, the term "All Lives Matter" is now considered to be racist.

Black Lives Matter Co-founder DEMANDS “White Folks” Stop Saying “All Lives Matter”…It’s Racist!

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Konduit

Because ONLY black lives matter. NO ONE ELSE!

Really, they're doing more harm than good. Why not just come out and say it: BLM wants race war now.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Boy BLM just pissing everyone off aren't they?

Naaa BLM just wants civil rights and equality, peacefully!

Right????

Apparently what they don't understand is they are creating more hostility towards them by people that didn't have any before, by conducting themselves like heavy handed black bullies.

edit on 7/3/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Kon, have you ever viewed Tommy Sotomayor on YouTube? You might be offended by him, or you might just agree with him.

youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join