It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you guys help explain to me spacetime and dark matter?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

Here's a thread I wrote back in 2013 (probably a bit outdated now):

Layman's Guide To Understanding Modern Cosmology (dark energy, dark matter, higgs field etc)

Here's another thread I made last year which focuses on dark matter:

Why Dark Matter is Even Weirder Than You Thought

And here's a thread on a theory I developed which can explain dark matter:

Bimetric Relativity, Twin Universe Cosmology, Negative Energy

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCamePaul
From this point there are a number of different theories on the life cycle of the universe however I believe that the universe has 3 phases. An expansion a sedentairy and a contraction which is a compounding and infinite cycle.

Cool # right?

Nah, just a boring ancient Hindu religiously motivated philosophy (possibly traceable back to Babylon but I haven't gotten that far yet, that's where the Brahmin got most of their ideas and religious philosophies/theology from). Also referred to as the Cyclic Model (slightly modified and there are different variations anyway).
Hindu cycle of the universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

According to Hindu philosophy, the universe (or multiverse) never came to be at some particular point, but always has been, always will be, but is perpetually in flux. Space and time are of cyclical nature. This universe is simply the current one, which is in flux and constantly changing, when it finally ceases to manifest, a new one will arise.

Also discussed in this video from 6:00 - 9:00:

edit on 8-7-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

I view dark matter as proto consciousness, it is alive it is conscious. It is particles of space time to me. I believe in different types of gravity, I believe dark matter is subject to a type of gravity, but not subject to other types of gravity

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join