It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio May Move Forward With Inactive, Infrequent Voter Purge, Fed Court Rules

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Why do they purge lists? It's seems next to totally pointless and just creates extra work in the theoretical scenario that those people want to vote and end up having to be re-registered.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I support Ohio in this 100% and I'll tell you why. My Mother voted in the 2012 election. The way that I know this is that she lived with me. I would take her to vote. Where I live, you go to the poll. They look you up in their book. They hand you a ballot slip, you sign the book and the ballot slip number is recorded in the book. You go to the machine, cast your vote and return the ballot slip. Once the slip is returned, your name is hi-lighted and you are given the stub from the ballot slip.

I was going out of town the day of the election. I got to the poll early, before they opened and was one of the first people in the door. I got my ballot slip, voted and was waiting to turn in my slip when I noticed my Mother's book entry was signed, and hi-lighted. It wasn't her signature. I questioned it and was told that my Mother had voted. I said "Really? That's a neat trick SINCE SHE DIED IN 2010!!!" I was told to leave before the police were called.

The County handles elections, they also handle death certificates. It shouldn't be too hard to compare the two and remove deceased people from the voter rolls.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Then purge people based on the death certificates, don't purge them based on three elections of inactivity.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: JIMC5499

Then purge people based on the death certificates, don't purge them based on three elections of inactivity.

What if they don't live in the state anymore? Keep them on the roll?

edit on 7/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The system is on computers, you don't need to check crap by hand anymore. I'm assuming there's some sort of federal database for residencies, check if their address is still in the state.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

I'm assuming there's some sort of federal database for residencies, check if their address is still in the state.
You assume wrong. That's why they send out a postcard to see if you still live where you lived when you registered.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Hm, I see. Surely they'd have to have records for people moving from state to state due to tax differences, though?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If you are against voter fraud this is a win.

If you are for voter fraud then this is bad.

Hence why Republicans like it and Democrats don't.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

That is correct.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

If you are against voter fraud this is a win.

How?

If you are for voter fraud then this is bad.

How?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join