It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream of unusually high tide in Seattle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I had a really strange dream last night.

I was on a ferry leaving the Seattle area and the people next to me were talking about the tide being very very high.
It was so high that when I looked at the dock we were departing from, the tide was almost over the pilings that hold the dock in place.

As we pulled away, another ferry suddenly was in front of us and we had to do a sharp turn and almost hit it, in fact I think we did.
There was a lady on the ferry sitting in front of me as we were both at the front of the boat and she was saying that it all came up so suddenly, but she was glad she booked a ticket on the boat because it was something that we got a front row seat to see.

I have not been on a ferry in 40 years,
and have never dreamed of one or tides.

It could be because my daughter and I were going fishing this morning and were looking at the tide book last night,
but since it seemed to involve a natural disaster and/or ferry accident I thought I should post.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

The seas are rising everywhere. Looking at the tide book may have pointed you in that direction, but it's a very interesting and timely dream.

I participated in a "remote view" thread a lonnnnnng time ago (never heard anything back.
)

Anyway, water - ocean to be exact, and people drowning/a crisis on the water was the theme. Now I think of refugees. I also think of rising tides...

Thank you for sharing this!

- AB

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

It could be because my daughter and I were going fishing this morning and were looking at the tide book last night,
but since it seemed to involve a natural disaster and/or ferry accident I thought I should post.

I think you nailed it right there. 14.5' or so is as high as you're going to get in Seattle. If you combine that with a lot of wind in a storm then seashore properties can get drenched. The sea level in Seattle has risen about half a foot in the last century, but if you;re going to predict extremely high tides you have to ask yourself, where is the water going to come from?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Somehow got a double post. Sorry.
edit on 7/3/2016 by schuyler because: double post

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

That's ok, I double starred ya lol

Yeah, I don't know where the extra water would come from.
we get extreme tides here, but I am way farther north.

It was just a very strange dream.
I don't remember them often, but this one stuck with me and had a fair amount of detail.
edit on 3-7-2016 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard
I miss the RV threads.
I had a lot of fun in those.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have been dreaming of coastal flood for years, but so far I don't live in the coast so I wonder why, still most dreams are more of spiritual personal meaning than anything else.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

When I was growing up I used to have all sorts of weird bestiality dreams. Everything from fantasy creatures to real life animals. Was it a prediction that I'd grow up and # tons of animals?
No, it was a meaningless message being transmitted by my subconscious. It had no meaning then, it has no meaning now.
Stop with these threads.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

still most dreams are more of spiritual personal meaning than anything else.

This is true.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

Stop with these threads.

Ah, thank you for your valuable input and insight into the subconscious.

I guess if I had not had dreams in the past that showed me something about to happen I would just disregard it,
but ever since I started to have premonitions about stuff I have learned to pay attention.
Not that I am saying this is a premonition,
but it was an unusual dream for me to have,
so I thought I would share it just in case.

If these types of threads bother you,
maybe you should just stop reading them.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, Darkblade.

I've not dreamed of high waters for years (that I can remember), but have been preoccupied with thoughts of huge tsunami waves for the past few months. In my case I think it is because I'm going to Ocean Shores, WA for a few days next week.

No big earthquakes, please, or I'll be 30 feet or more underwater before I can reach higher ground.

edit on 7/3/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have a somewhat reoccurring dream that the bay on which I live (a very protected bay) suddenly starts getting breakers forming in it. Really good surfing waves, right in my "back yard."

Hasn't happened yet. *sigh*
But other than the surfing part, it would be a bad thing if it did happen.

edit on 7/3/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Safe journey!

We all know a big one is coming sometime, just hopefully when none of us are around the area!
I didn't want to move back up here due to worrying about such things, It is silly though how the subconscious will put those fears out in the open sometimes.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lets hope it never does!

I'm off to enjoy some 4th of July festivities,
I hope you all have a great day!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

"Stop with these threads."

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The omniscient, omnipotent

potentate ruler of sensibilities, thread posts, rhyme and reason, cultural norms, comfort zones etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. far and wide . . .

has spoken.

All must now kowtow in worshipful obedience to the tyrannical, autocratic, hypocritical

SUPREME ORDER OF SILLY THREAD-MASTER

. . .

Sigh.

edit on 3/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: tags

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Interesting, there seems to be an increase in dreams related to this.

I had one myself a few yrs ago, the entire west coast was hit by a Tsunami. I was there watching it with my parents but didnt tell them it was coming as not to scare them. Just as it was about to hit, i woke up.

and this..

In my dream i was in Peru, 2 yrs ago or so, it began to flood horrendously, people were screaming and being washed away i remained in my house. I could see through the window what was going on, Next it stopped and a ice aged style snow storm hit, i closed my curtains. I could see outside without 'seeing' outside. There were Llama's on the hill sides dressed in brightly coloured clothing, as though it were around the time of a Festival.

Not long after something like a flooding hit Peru.

edit on 7/3/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10
A tsunami is sort of different from a high tide though.
Isn't it?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: awareness10
A tsunami is sort of different from a high tide though.
Isn't it?

Yes Phage why ?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
It was just a very strange dream. I don't remember them often, but this one stuck with me and had a fair amount of detail.

It simply cannot happen, but it would be really interesting to "see" what those ferries looked like in your dream. I ride the ferries all the time. My wife's ex was a ferry captain on one of the Seattle runs for many years. I was a commuter on the boats for quite awhile. I kinda got those boats memorized. Of course, you may have seen a real picture of a ferry out of Seattle, which would contaminate this "experiment." I'm thinking of Arthur C. Clarke's novel, "Childhood's End."

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It was a smaller ferry.

Lemme do a quick search...
Something like this:

I am used to seeing the bigger ones come through, but this one looks very similar to the dream.
The inside where I was sitting could almost be in the same place,
close to the front. I don't know if they have rows of seats in the front with big windows, but that is what I saw in the dream.
I also saw that it looked like the ferry was under construction inside at the front by where I was sitting.
The seats where worn, and it looked like they were in the middle of a remodel.
edit on 3-7-2016 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join