It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we see a real life Purge Scenario in future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
For those who did not see the Purge movies this the premise: A new oppressive government called the New Founding Fathers came to power in the US. They decided to make all crime legal including murder for 12 hours once a year.. They thought this because they believe that people have repressed negative emotions and by allowing it to explode for one day, then they will not commit crimes for the rest of the year. However, the condition is this: They cannot use weapons such as explosive devices and they cannot take out government officials. Also emergency services such medical, fire, and police services will be unavailable until the Purge ended.

The real intention of the government however, is to have undesirables (poor, elderly, disabled etc) kill each other off and reduce their population. One interesting thing in the movies was the rich were rarely victims of the crimes thanks to them being able to afford security forces.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I wouldn't put considering that sort of thing past the Government you guys have, but it just wouldn't be feasible. There's a reason that movie, along with most Zombie movies, don't really address how everything actually started. In the case of a "Purge" being set up, you'd see mass emigration from the US, you'd see millions of gun owners going nuts, you might even see interference by the countries allied with the US, perhaps even Russia or Japan. It simply wouldn't be capable without turning it into a dictatorial police state and at that point you're f*cked anyway.
edit on 3/7/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The premise of the movie is retarded. Nobody would ever do this in real life.

Oh, starwars isn't real. Go outside and get some sun.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It never ceases to amaze me how people willingly apply mainstream media movie entertainment to their lives.

For instance... if I read another reference to "The Matrix".... I think I'll become ill.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Iv always found those movies as slightly suspect... Predictive programming much??

Especially with trump and Bernie fans acting crazy these days I see the possibilities... Seems more likely now than ever .

The newest one being wrapped around election year seems suspect in itself like they knew / hopes this election would finally push people over the edge .

A quick glance at all the "protests" at political events lately should show you he possible reality... Not to mention all the anti Muslim sentiment... Throw in a dash of "your only worried about gun control becaus your a racist resneck" and I can easily see this country divided.. And whatever side comes on top Just might instigate a purge type scenario.. Only to quickly turn into the Hunger Games.

Pretty sad.

Anywho, time to take off my tinfoil hat and drink beer for freedumb!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

This used to be called "ground war." The only difference is they gov't didn't like to $hit where it ate.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

But I can see a limited Purge restricted in certain areas were they have the poor fight each other off a la the Hunger Games. While yes the Purge scenario in the movie is not possible, it can be created in a small area surrounding by armed guards.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Have you seen Idiocracy?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
starwarsisreal

I seriously doubt it.

It does seem as though there is a certain amount of predictive programming in most movies.

At any rate, I believe The Purge: Election Year is a fat steaming FNORD and although it may never happen as explicitly as it is portrayed in the films I believe that it is setting the groundwork for society to be more accepting of and to expect a large amount of civil unrest in the future.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

No, the Purge makes for nothing more than a convenient excuse to indulge in popcorn and soda for a couple of hours.

This scenario didn't play out under the Clinton, Bush or Obama administrations. Nor will it play out now.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
No, there would be no "purge" scenario.

It makes no sense in a legally armed society. If you want a real life "purge" scenario, go to Venezuela where the population is supposed to be unarmed. That means the rich and the government truly should be safe from their purging citizenry.

Here in the US it would give the citizens an excuse to organize and launch a coup under cover of their rampage.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Here in the US it would give the citizens an excuse to organize and launch a coup under cover of their rampage.

Coming in the Summer of 2017, Michael Bay's.... Black Hour.

Sounds like a cool movie to me.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Just spend time in Chicago, Baltimore, LA this weekend.

It's happening now.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I don't think we'll ever see it as played out in the movie; i.e., no official government sanction. But unofficially? I have wondered about that. Maybe there's more to the whole divide-and-conquer game than just keeping us distracted from what the PTB are doing. Maybe they are trying to incite a "purge" among the people....

Knockout game? At what point will others go to war against all young black men because of the few who would do this?

Radicalized jihadists? How many Orlandos and San Bernardinos will it take before others go to war against all Muslims?

La Raza? How many rapes or DWI deaths before others go to war against all Hispanics?

And of course they'll respond in kind... and voila! We have a purge.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I live in LA and believe me it really happened. Last year in my college in the first day of class people fight over parking lots while the admins did nothing. Due to this many people started calling it the Purge.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Small bits of discontent and ocassional road rage do not a purge make.

Not even the GOP circus slated later this month will equate to anything close to mass hysteria.

new topics

top topics

join