It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson is on Real Time with Bill Maher.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Gary Johnson is on Real Time with Bill Maher. This is the exposure we need.Popular HBO show.

Gary Johnson on State of the Union on CNN.

Gary Johnson on CBSN.

edit on 3-7-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Looks like I have 3 vids to watch.

I think Johnson would be an excellent choice for president. He has a pretty level headed approach to solving some of the problems that plague our system of government/business. The problem is he won't get a chance, no R or D next to his name, too much $ at stake.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Pardon me,,,, Did I hear Mr. Johnson say " I believe climate change is man made " ? I just went back to listen again and correct that. He said,," I do believe that climate change is man made" Whooooboy. That ain't gonna sit well with many who would vote for him.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I don't believe climate change is man made. Nature does a better job at heating the earth than humans do.

But I don't have to agree with everything he says. He is not an ideal libertarian nominee but he is waaaaaaaaaaay better than Hillary or Trump.

He is talking about ending the drug war. That can save millions of lives easily.
edit on 3-7-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added text

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

No one is perfect.

Compared to Hilary and Trump the man is a saint.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Star and flag for getting the word out.

It's good to hear he's been making the rounds on some popular outlets.

I tend to agree that if his visibility increased, and more people knee him they'd vote for him.

Then again, some people would vote for anyone they heard or saw often enough...how else would you explain the current offerings?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

What is his position on legalization of drugs?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Lets be honest... the only reason they are even giving Johnson the time of day in this election is because of Trump.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

He owns a cannabis company, so I think he's pretty liberal when it comes to legalization of drugs. In fact, the entire Libertarian party is open for legalization of all drugs for the most part.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Lets be honest... the only reason they are even giving Johnson the time of day in this election is because of Trump.

No, it is because of Trump and Clinton. Those two as the party choices must be the absolute worst in US history.

That last video said 47% of the population is willing to consider a 3rd party candidate. That is really good maybe there will be a surprise this election.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I can't respond because it will break ATS ToS.

Sorry you have to google it.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

That is the trick. Liberals for some reason think Libertarians will draw votes from Trump.

Problem with this is Gary Johnson actually helps Trump by taking votes away from Hillary. He does not take away votes from Trump.Some disgruntled Trump voters will most likely vote for GJ later after they realize how bad Hillary is. Most of them will eventually vote for Trump. Most of the Bernie Sanders votes will vote for Hillary after they see how bad Trump is. But some will vote for Gary.

Gary Johnson appeals to moderates and independents really well.

His socially liberal policies are appeal more to the left but his fiscal policies are very conservative.
edit on 3-7-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Not sure who is more full of themselves, Rachael Madow, Bill O'Reily or Bill Maher...everybody on tv is a know it all...I can't watch this because he makes my skin crawl

edit on 3-7-2016 by chrismarco because: I just can't spell

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I watched his interview with Bill and I was almost shocked how normal he was. I've been so conditioned to the Train Wreck Personalities of Hillary and Trump I forgot that a POTUS candidate could actually be a normal person.

He has his little quirks and stuff but over all I must say I liked the guy. He was rational, intelligent, had a sense of humor and not once did he say something completely bat sh*t insane.

He's not even as Hard Core Libertarian as many others I've heard before. He seemed to understand that while he might have his views as a Libertarian that doesn't mean electing him means it must be exactly his way or nothing for everyone.

It was a great idea for him to be on that show, I'm sure it will get him more votes which would be great. Hell, I might vote for the guy myself. So far I like him way more than the other two. But then I guess it shouldn't be that hard to come across as more likable than an A-Hole Con Artist Businessman and a Career Criminal Nag.

top topics

join