It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob burns down mosque in 2nd such recent attack in Myanmar !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

it looks like you're just using your old memory backup nonsense , did you care to search a little bit into this matter ?
or is it just the old Muslim this and Muslim that , try to make your own opinion by researching into this subject and you will find out the truth about how the Muslims in that region are being treated for no good reason but because they embrace a religion that the Buddhist don't like.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere
What did all that have to do with the Buddhists in Myanmar burning down a Muslim mosque ?I dont think it is about ME Muslims at all.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
What did all that have to do with the Buddhists in Myanmar burning down a Muslim mosque ?I dont think it is about ME Muslims at all.

Just ignore the attempts to derail the thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

the old Muslim this and Muslim that , try to make your own opinion by researching into this subject and you will find out the truth about how the Muslims in that region are being treated for no good reason but because they embrace a religion that the Buddhist don't like.

Good advice but I would suggest that applies to both sides. The Burmese took great offense at the British armed Muslim Rohingya who fought the Buddhist Rakhine people during WW2. To further exacerbate the situation the Rohingya have tried and failed to get their own state within a state ( Arakan State) with their own taxes and of course their own Muslim laws. Sorry friend that ain't gonna work in Burma/Myanmar or just about anyplace else in Asia if the Buddhist have a say in the matter. It goes back to the whole shop, land, and Temple thing. Also it is usually wise to not start a fight unless you are willing to die or win and winning for the Rohingya is not in the cards as far as violence is concerned. They are not dummies though as they are trying to prove they were their before the Burmese even though the records of their movements paint a different picture. Like I said I do not have an answer. I personally wish all the hate and bombs and bullets would go away.

If Muslims want to kill Muslims because they are not the flavor in power then have at it... for IMO that is the only way they will finally sort themselves out. But leave the rest of the world's religions and people out of it until you can get your own problems of religion ironed out.

Yep won't happen for their Muslim idea of an earthly paradise is the total submission to Allah and his laws for everyone.

Kazakhstan had seemed to be one of the places where Muslim and Russian Orthodox Christens were not at each others throats. But evidently the Kazakhstan Muslims are not Muslim enough for they are being attacked now by Muslim terrorist according to the girl I spoke with.. Hearsay, yep ! I personally would rather die fighting than live in a religious police state such as Saudi Arabia and hopefully others feel the same way around the world.

For those who like to throw Islamophobia around as some kind of accusation go ahead but IMO when they are trying to kill you and or your culture it isn't Islamophobia but common sense to say enough is enough. Look up Shin Thawbita who was a Burmese monk who taught school to the local kids. He was brutally beaten and burned to death because he was not teaching the Quran. There are plenty of those stories for the Buddhist to get their hate up in Myanmar.... There are also plenty of politically correct videos about the poor oppressed Rohingya and their unfair treatment by everyone in S.E. Asia. No problem the USA is now taking them in and they are settling in the Chicago area where they now have a new mosque and a Rohingya culture center. Wonder how many Saudi Arabia or the UAE have taken in ?
youtu.be...

If I give you a place to live and in return you want to take more of my land to call your own because you and your wives have ran out of room for your brood...If you will not obey the laws that were laid down before you ever arrived nor respect the host countries culture/religion but insist on making the culture like the one you fled from ... Then, well, sorry but something you may not like is gonna happen in many places of the world, and rightly so IMO.

This whole assimilation idea has seldom (can't think of a time but I don't know everything) worked with Wahhabi Islam unless you and your culture are the ones being assimilated.
edit on 727rdk16 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
To the people saying "How do you piss off a Buddhist?"

Take some time and read some of what is actually written in terms of governance and social structure within Buddhist philosophies and you'll know that pacifism is largely overstated. There is also room for "cutting the grass"(euphemism for killing people off) within Buddhist philosophy.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Do you have a link?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Not readily. I'm at work.

But my research in the past has pointed out that it is largely political Buddhism that encourages violence as a means of keeping the nation Buddhist. It is mostly violence against other religions, primarily Islam. They use Buddhism as the source of their justification.

There are extremists in all religions. Buddhism tends to have a positive view because of its core principles of non violence, but it is important to note that no religion survives first contact with government.

This is why Islam is such a problem today. There is no separation of Mosque and state.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

or is it just the old Muslim this and Muslim that , try to make your own opinion by researching into this subject and you will find out the truth about how the Muslims in that region are being treated for no good reason but because they embrace a religion that the Buddhist don't like.

Kinda the pot calling the kettle black wouldnt you say? Muslims worldwide are fanatic and out of control. But heaven forbid they get picked on... lol

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
oops
edit on 3-7-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: 727Sky

Violence involving innocents is always wrong, but it does make me wonder, what in the hell do you have to do to piss off the Buddhists? I'd imagine some pretty jacked up stuff.

people have an unrealistic image of Buddhist, fascinating actually

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

And here I thought Buddhism actually was a religion of peace.

nope, check out the history of the Bon sect

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
To the people saying "How do you piss off a Buddhist?"

Take some time and read some of what is actually written in terms of governance and social structure within Buddhist philosophies and you'll know that pacifism is largely overstated. There is also room for "cutting the grass"(euphemism for killing people off) within Buddhist philosophy.

It is called compassionate violence

www.loonwatch.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Sorry but DU ISNT used in BOMBS it is used in Tank shells and guns rounds alone.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: gladtobehere

And here I thought Buddhism actually was a religion of peace.

nope, check out the history of the Bon sect

The Tibetan wars were political, of course. Bön was the indigenous shamanic religion that colored some of the Tibetan Buddhist practices. Relative to Islam and Christianity, Buddhism has always been a relatively placid religion. Note how in your own link, violence was generally justified as defensive in nature.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Good.. for once Islam is on the defensive, I'm tired of people being victimised by Islam and not fighting back. I don't doubt for a second that this minority is as belligerent as other Muslims all over the World are. Muslim minorities are always in conflict with the majority culture, this is the norm. There's a reason Islam has bloody borders and it's not because they're innocent victims.

It would be unfortunate if a Buddhist population were displaced by a Muslim population, the Worlds worst religion vs the Worlds best religion I know which one I would choose. I pray the noble blood drinking Herukas protects Buddhist interests from these savages, with stunning and bloody displays of violence if the need arises.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I write things like this and then I realise how demonic my sentiments are.. Well, it was never beyond my awareness really. But I'm tired of it, just as tired of it as I'm tired of Islam and the seemingly intrinsic violence of the religion. I really feel like it's the worst religion in the World.. by far.

But the thought of women and children dying because of this hits me.. and I'm deeply ashamed and saddened.

Suffering is endless and so is creation, it will never end..

Samsara and nirvana...

I just don't know these days.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Note how in your own link, violence was generally justified as defensive in nature.

Yep, they are not known for turning the other cheek or the meek will inherit the earth kinda thoughts. If someone wants to do you bodily harm then stand up for yourself and remove the hostile threat.. Something the rest of the world might need to be relearned and evaluated.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Was anyone inside? This was a building meant to be demolished. Meanwhile, Muslims burn churches all over, often with people in them, and kill Christians. They shoot people in restaurants who cannot recite portions of the koran.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

I hate all organized religion. Also, Islam is on the defensive. Do you know what it's like for the people living in ISIS-controlled areas even when they're Islamic?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I hear you..

I meant the conflict in general, not this specific event.

My point was, my heart has grown exceedingly cold and I don't like it. It's time for change.

a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Islam is on the defensive here. Not generally.. In Europe they have virtually been given free reign and wherever else they are a minority they are in conflict with the majority culture. Islam has bloody borders and it is not because they're generally on the defensive, it's because they are a naturally belligerent religion. By now violence must be an ingrained part of the DNA of Middle Easterners.

I don't know what the point of that last sentence of yours is. Yes, I know what it's like but only from the perspective of an outsider.. it's a bloody theocratic reign. Your point being? That Islam is hopelessly violent and barbaric?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join