It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand police seize $13 million worth of cocaine inside horse head

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
A new way to air freight your dope!! New Zealand police say they have seized a record $NZ14 million worth of coc aine hidden inside a large diamante-encrusted horse head from Mexico.

The largest-ever haul of the drug in New Zealand has been linked to the rebuild of the city of Christchurch, severely damaged in a 2011 earthquake, and the Australian market. Detective Superintendent Virginia Le Bas, from the organised crime unit, said they were still working to establish the final destination of the haul. "This is a significant win for New Zealand," she said. "This is a great success, we should be proud to have detected it at the earliest of stages." The 35-kilogram shipment had been air-freighted from Mexico to Auckland where it was detected in the bejeweled horse-head statue
A Mexican and an American were arrested in Auckland over the weekend as they prepared to fly to Hawaii and another Mexican was detained in Christchurch.www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

if one could fit 13 million American dollars worth of coc aine in a horse head, then they would be able to also be able to bend space time and manipulate mass

this story is bs
edit on 3-7-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

So close!! Damn next week is going to suck

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Jonesin' already!

Man, the Mexican crap has nothing on the Limeys!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Aye, how bout them limeys!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Well, just maybe you have not gone to the source page, i'm sure Not!......photo shows the horse head, not the horse you would ride in your avatar, Ha Ha gringo......also photo of 35KG coc aine......I have no reason to doubt this ABC australia news item......

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

How much Charlie can you really hid inside a dead "horse head"? Quite a few kilos i imagine would be the answer but $13 million worth???

These Police officers might be exaggerating the street value of said drug somewhat. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
-The police said it was easy to spot, the mastermind criminals placed the eye of the horse in its mouth which made it stand out-

They are getting smarter everyday

edit on 3-7-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

How much Charlie can you really hid inside a dead "horse head"? Quite a few kilos i imagine would be the answer but $13 million worth???

These Police officers might be exaggerating the street value of said drug somewhat. Just a thought.

What does it matter anyways? It's not like this seizure will come close to making any sort of difference. It's all from a plant, controlled by organized crime, and blessed by the governments.

The war on drugs continues its perpetual march, clobbering every bit of sanity left in this world.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I've got a great way to smuggle coke , and I've never heard of a seizure of the kind I'm thinking of ever

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

if one could fit 13 million American dollars worth of coc aine in a horse head, then they would be able to also be able to bend space time and manipulate mass

this story is bs

Drug prices in NZed would be different to drug prices in most other country's
One would expect

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1
Read this reply to DOCH.......the one above your post, it explains all your concerns,

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Still uncertain how people misunderstand "large diamante-encrusted horse head" to be a dead horse's head.

Impressive haul.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Drug prices in NZed
Very different prices, very expensive in NZ and Aussie compared to say USA.Canada........

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

You don't need to convince me buddy, personally i would legalize the majority of drugs and spend/utilize the tax payers monies and Police resources in other much needed areas.

End of the day drug money funds other organized crime and any war on such enterprise is doomed to failure down to the fact that the very same people responsible for importing and selling these illegal substances are the very same people waging a token conflict against them aka Police, politicians and custom officials.
edit on 3-7-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Learn some manners "DOCH". LoL

Still think they are exaggerating the cost somewhat. Police hyperbole at best or said drug must cost an arm and a leg over there.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I guess the movie, The Godfather, not watched in New Zealand.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The real shipment came in right behind this "bust."
Throw 'em a bone and move the big stuff while they're busy patting themselves on the back.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
The real shipment came in right behind this "bust."
Throw 'em a bone and move the big stuff while they're busy patting themselves on the back.

Right! There is the rest of the horse to anticipate.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I bet the horse was of its h... !
TAXI

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join